MLB FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

1:10 PM EST : NY Yankees ( -108 ) at Tampa Bay ( -102 ) —- T: 7
    4:10 PM EST : SF Giants ( -128 ) at Arizona ( 118 ) —- T: 8
    8:35 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( -123 ) at St. Louis ( 113 ) —- T: 7.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• Dirt_Lavert

So there are no contest for 4/1? What gives ayyy ?

• TnCowboy

@Dirt_Lavert said...

So there are no contest for 4/1? What gives ayyy ?

Opening Day is 4/2. Games today are still spring training.

• BigRay

Go Rays..Arch should bounce back strong.

• Dirt_Lavert

@TnCowboy said...

Opening Day is 4/2. Games today are still spring training.

hahahahah honestly I was so confused when I saw the games on the lineups page for today. I was so out of it.

Thanks for clearing that up man!

• KindGuy

Hey Bill, just curious as to why this was posted today instead of in the morning like threads usually are?

• Jaws1002

Because everyone is excited about Baseball starting. Remember the countdown you had going on the WBC page?? Lol

• trinidon

Man. It’s actually back. Gonna fool around with lineup for MadBum and one for Archer on FD. All I know of now is Posey is my C in both. Let the madness begin. Needed break from the Association.

• tarheel66

Anyone who pays up for pitching early in season is CRAZY, these clowns aint pitching more than six innings and are not worth there salary

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

@elementasrat said...

Hey Bill, just curious as to why this was posted today instead of in the morning like threads usually are?

What Jaws said, basically. First day so I figured I’d throw it up early.

• dylanb02

Any sites out there that do MLB ownership projections?

• Scumpunch

@dylanb02 said...

Any sites out there that do MLB ownership projections?

Yes, this one.

• manBEAST

Fowler REVENGE!!! haha

• Rothcloth

When will double up and 50/50 contests be posted on FD? I’m sure they will, but if not I want to build multiple GPP lineups instead of one cash/single entry lineup

• fathalpert

• Blogger of the Month

@tarheel66 said...

Anyone who pays up for pitching early in season is CRAZY, these clowns aint pitching more than six innings and are not worth there salary

I pulled pitch counts from the starters from last year’s opening day:

Starting Pitcher Pitch Count
    Cole Hamels 104
    Max Scherzer 104
    Chris Sale 104
    Julio Teheran 102
    Madison Bumgarner 101
    Drew Smyly 98
    Garrett Richards 97
    Clayton Kershaw 96
    Tyson Ross 94
    Jorge De La Rosa 94
    Felix Hernandez 93
    Raisel Iglesias 90
    Jake Arrieta 89
    Wily Peralta 83
    Zack Greinke 82
    R.A. Dickey 82
    Jeremy Hellickson 79
    Rich Hill 66

Average 92

• Olhausen

Oh boy my favorite Dfs sport of the year is just about here!

• TeamTwerk

Anybody else get their DK MLB recap from last season? Velasquez had a 59.75!? I don’t remember that at all.

The pricing for opening day looks pretty soft. Very easy to fit in Kershaw and another mid-high pitcher and I’m sure there will be plenty of value that will open up with surprise position players starting

• Yacht67

ARCHER!!

• TeamTwerk

Just checking out tomorrow’s slate. I like that Archer call. Tanaka too. Bumgarner still too cheap even @ Arizona, right?

• Jaws1002

@TeamTwerk said...

Anybody else get their DK MLB recap from last season? Velasquez had a 59.75!? I don’t remember that at all.

The pricing for opening day looks pretty soft. Very easy to fit in Kershaw and another mid-high pitcher and I’m sure there will be plenty of value that will open up with surprise position players starting

I remember it I think it was against my Mets. He did that in April I believe and everyone thought it would last but he was
    Too inconsistent after that. My High scores were a pair of 44’s Jose Fernandez (RIP) and Brian Dozier.

• Fontaine

@tarheel66 said...

Pretty sure you have no idea what youre talking about.

• fanturds

Hard to trust Greinke given his velocity issues.

I went with Archer and Mad Bum, and took flyers on hitters.

Tanaka could be a solid choice against a light hitting TB squad too.

I want Bird in my lineup, but I’m going to double Check tomorrow

• mackwoods11

I think I’m going Archer with MadBum in ARI

• Yacht67

Keeping it light for opening day. 5 LUs, tourny only, no-bum.

• Jaws1002

I like that everyone is mentioning Archer and not Tanaka. I thought it would be the other way around.

• California_Cool

• Ranked #69

RG Tiered Ranking

@Jaws1002 said...

I like that everyone is mentioning Archer and not Tanaka. I thought it would be the other way around.

Im surprised too, but Tanaka is hardly elite anymore with low k ability.. I think he is a safe cash choice considering he really is only prone to give up the long ball to lefties, Miller, Kiermaer, and Dickerson are the only threats. I still think he gets the win tomorrow, and is my fav low priced option.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).