MLB FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

1:10 PM EST : NY Yankees ( -108 ) at Tampa Bay ( -102 ) —- T: 7
    4:10 PM EST : SF Giants ( -128 ) at Arizona ( 118 ) —- T: 8
    8:35 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( -123 ) at St. Louis ( 113 ) —- T: 7.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• Yacht67

@gaelicgirl said...

Only play on FD so this late swap feature is unfamiliar. Is there anything weird about it, like only being able to swap players at the same price or lower? Any “traps” to be aware of? Thanks for any advice…

If there is a slate scratch yes, you might pay up for Mike trout on a 1pm all day slate but he doesn’t play until late. He gets a rare night off. You should swap him out. But really baseball isn’t like NBA or nfl. You likely won’t swap him out for his replacement.

• Syzltuth

Hey everyone, jumping into mlb this season and looking forward to reading what you guys have to say and learning from those of you that know this DFS! Great to see a few familiar faces carry over from NBA thread!

• California_Cool

@buffballz said...

Why not pay up for pitching????
    You have every teams Ace on their bump,
    is your strategy to punt with Scott Feldman and stack your lineup with studs who are all mostly facing Aces??
    This seems foolish to me to make the statement that paying up for pitching is Crazy , because there not going more then 6 innings, if a ace is dealing and pitch count is low then why wouldn’t they go more then 6????

Because a guy like Bum will be the highest owned, esp on FD where you can stack with the cheap Giants bats, in a matchup that isnt good at all. The Dbacks will put up about 3 runs, so there’s no guarantee they wont win outright.People are forgetting how awful the Giants bullpen is, and getting the W is pretty important on FD on a 3 game slate. Im not telling you not to roster him, but if you want to differentiate, fading him is a good option.

• California_Cool

@Yacht67 said...

How highly owned you think Rizzo and Bryant will be?

I think Bryant will be the highest owned, just because of the “meh” options at 3rd base. Im only playing one lineup, so I’ll be fading in a matchup that isn’t great. Like the Cub lefties vs Martinez

• 7klub06

So is CHC/STL Worth rostering since it is suppose to rain

• ElSlappo

@7klub06 said...

Roth’s post didn’t make it sound very concerning

• Brandon684

Yadier Molina batting .421 against Lester since Lester joined the Cubs

• 7klub06

@ElSlappo said...

Roth’s post didn’t make it sound very concerning

Okay cool cause I really wanted to stack a few from CHC

• 7klub06

Archer/Tanaka or Tanaka/Lester or Archer/Lester

• Heterodox

@7klub06 said...

Archer/Tanaka or Tanaka/Lester or Archer/Lester

stack against any of the three

• gaelicgirl

@California_Cool said...

People are forgetting how awful the Giants bullpen is

Now that Casilla is finally gone, I expect the bullpen to be much better with far fewer blown saves.

• TheRyanFlaherty

Rule number one for me this year was to not try to be ‘smart” and fade Gary Sanchez way are day one, and I’m looking at what makes sense in terms of roster construction, and I think I’m going to fade Gary Sanchez….

• California_Cool

@gaelicgirl said...

Now that Casilla is finally gone, I expect the bullpen to be much better with far fewer blown saves.

I watched a few spring games, Im not impressed, not enough to pay up for a chalky Bum on the road, on a 3 game slate, in a subpar matchup. Thats 3 negatives for me, so its really just about the math.

• California_Cool

@TheRyanFlaherty said...

Rule number one for me this year was to not try to be ‘smart” and fade Gary Sanchez way are day one, and I’m looking at what makes sense in terms of roster construction, and I think I’m going to fade Gary Sanchez….

Fading for Posey is an absolute ideal strategy on this short slate. Greinke will get tagged, but if you do play, i recommend stacking with a guy like belt or pence.

• gaelicgirl

@California_Cool said...

I watched a few spring games, Im not impressed, not enough to pay up for a chalky Bum on the road, on a 3 game slate, in a subpar matchup. Thats 3 negatives for me, so its really just about the math.

A reasonable argument for fading Bum, hope a lot of people feel the same. As for me, fading MadBum on a three game slate would be like fading Westbrook on a three game slate. Just can’t do it, as the only Dback that concerns me is Goldy.

• krazyju84

MLB my favorite spot is back! cant remember if its normal to have 4000k salary left over!

GL everyone

• Barnold89

You are not alone

• mbunner23

Going to jump on MLB this year. Didn’t play much last year because I’m much better at NBA/NFL. Hope I can find success.

• FidelCashflow

Giants hitters disappointed a lot last year when they were in great spots, esp in Coors field.

• Bentbake

@7klub06 said...

Rain won’t be an issue tonight here in STL

• Bentbake

@Brandon684 said...

Yadier Molina batting .421 against Lester since Lester joined the Cubs

Shhhh

Love the fact no one is talking Martinez or any other Cardinals

• weaponX

Gardiner, Ellsbury or Holliday? Who do you guys like. Ellsbury has good numbers against Archer doesn’t he?

• kwest

@FidelCashflow said...

Giants hitters disappointed a lot last year when they were in great spots, esp in Coors field.

Going cheap with Crawford, Pence, and Span

• gaelicgirl

@weaponX said...

Gardiner, Ellsbury or Holliday? Who do you guys like. Ellsbury has good numbers against Archer doesn’t he?

Gardner and/or Ellsbury. I’m taking both.

• jasonresno

Is a Yankee stack crazy today? Feeling like a Sanchez-Ellsbury-Castro stack could be money.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).