7:10 PM EST : Colorado ( 138 ) at Tampa Bay ( -150 ) —- T: 7
    7:10 PM EST : NY Mets ( -127 ) at Miami ( 117 ) —- T: 8
    8:05 PM EST : Houston ( -203 ) at Texas ( 186 ) —- T: 9
    8:15 PM EST : Minnesota ( -137 ) at Kansas City ( 127 ) —- T: 7.5
    10:07 PM EST : Boston ( -169 ) at Oakland ( 156 ) —- T: 7.5
    10:10 PM EST : Arizona ( 105 ) at San Diego ( -114 ) —- T: 7.5
    10:10 PM EST : SF Giants ( 162 ) at LA Dodgers ( -177 ) —- T: 7
    10:10 PM EST : LA Angels ( -101 ) at Seattle ( -107 ) —- T: 8.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• skleni

@mrjredoak said...

Have $2300 for my last spot on FD – looking at Flores, Reddick, M. Rojas (leading off vs Vargas), Daniel Robertson (batting 3rd), or G. Hampson (batting 2nd). Thoughts?

Rojas or Robertson for me.

• frugal

Can Mancini keep it up tonight? BAL is looking better than projected so far.

• monarch

Verlander has some really high K upside vs all those Rangers LHB

• skleni

Anyone else concerned about Sale after that shaky first outing?

• monarch

@skleni said...

I’ve got one stack against him

• mbunner23

Anybody playing Vargas as cash SP2 tonight?

• Jonas137

@mbunner23 said...

I’d much rather trust Marco at almost the same price. Greinke should be the chalk above him for SP2.

• madmanjayWV

@mrjredoak said...

Have $2300 for my last spot on FD – looking at Flores, Reddick, M. Rojas (leading off vs Vargas), Daniel Robertson (batting 3rd), or G. Hampson (batting 2nd). Thoughts?

FAT ALBERT SAYS HELLO

• madmanjayWV

@skleni said...

He could be the GPP winner tbh —

FD’s GPP options were so pathetic today — a $4.5K prize pool $2 stolen base….they aren’t doing the $2 BEAN BALL again, no clue there —

I’ve got 2 main LUs and before LOCK i’ll do 2 more — but I’m not rostering X-SALE — I’d do a stack against him b4 I pitched him.

Of course, I also lucked into Aaron Brooks so who knows………

P.S. — If all my DK guys (batters) are in I’m not changing my SPs I picked last night — rolling a BERRIOS/Sucklander in one and Little Marco Gonzo with some Cash$$$ner AYDS in the otha

• frugal

@mbunner23 said...

I like him on Yahoo as the best looking cheap pitcher I could stomach, less of an issue paying up on DK.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #74

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@mbunner23 said...

I don’t even mess with cash this early in the year, but I play around with and build some cash like entries in GPP’s to get a feel for how they do. Honestly feel like in cash you should just run Berrios/Snell, then plug in Rojas and Yandy Diaz. Both are incredibly cheap, leading off, and not in bad spots. Then build up and out from there. Cano, Nimmo, McKinney, even Drury all fit the build and should be fine too. Probably plug in Narvaez at C and should be able to spend up for a bat or 2 depending on high you go.

• monarch

GPP angle to consider is stacking Padres and taking out the highest owned SP2

• captainwacky

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #44

RG Tiered Ranking

@monarch said...

GPP angle to consider is stacking Padres and taking out the highest owned SP2

that’s been a big part of my plan all day!

• ecallarman

@captainwacky said...

that’s been a big part of my plan all day!

I hope everyone uses this strategy…

• monarch

@ecallarman said...

I hope everyone uses this strategy…

Um…that’s why it is a GPP strategy. Hardly anyone is even considering it.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #74

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

Fading Greinke and the Padres. The D-Backs bats on the other hand…

• wafic

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #20

RG Tiered Ranking

Using Sale as the leverage play. Scherzer still the top play. In order I like Scherzer, Berrios, Ryu, Greinke, Sale.

Hopefully enough people got burned by Toronto yesterday to decrease ownership. Chalky offensive options besides Toronto is probably Seattle and Houston. I like TB and AZ as leverage stacks.

• zline34

I just don’t see how the Phillies don’t put up at least 10 runs.

• monarch

Not sure how many of you live in the mid atlantic but it is raw out today. Coastal NE type storm with wind blowing in. This is perfect Max conditions if the game plays…he will go right at them and their high K rates…might give up a HR but probably Ks double digits without issue.

• wafic

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #20

RG Tiered Ranking

@monarch said...

Not sure how many of you live in the mid atlantic but it is raw out today. Coastal NE type storm with wind blowing in. This is perfect Max conditions if the game plays…he will go right at them and their high K rates…might give up a HR but probably Ks double digits without issue.

that game is definitely playing – it’s green.

• biga0787

@zline34 said...

I just don’t see how the Phillies don’t put up at least 10 runs.

Huh

• monarch

@wafic said...

what do you mean? Green as in radar? From what I have heard…the Nats have postponed games for less

• frugal

@wafic said...

Am I missing something? I see it yellow/orange.

• frugal

@monarch said...

what do you mean? Green as in radar? From what I have heard…the Nats have postponed games for less

Yep, got burned several times last season with games that look like they should play getting postponed.

• TheDataDetective

• Blogger of the Month

Updated to reflect the latest starting lineups…

https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/mlb-data-detective-best-player-values-apr-2-2990810

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Sites mentioned in this thread

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler