8:10 PM EST : Miami ( 145 ) at Milwaukee ( -157 ) —- T: 9
    8:10 PM EST : Houston ( 0 ) at Chi White Sox ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:15 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 179 ) at St. Louis ( -195 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:40 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( 102 ) at Colorado ( -110 ) —- T: 10.5
    9:40 PM EST : San Diego ( 118 ) at Arizona ( -128 ) —- T: 9
    10:05 PM EST : Boston ( -125 ) at Oakland ( 115 ) —- T: 9
    10:07 PM EST : SF Giants ( 129 ) at LA Angels ( -140 ) —- T: 8.5
    10:10 PM EST : Washington ( 129 ) at LA Dodgers ( -140 ) —- T: 6

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• sox9

I Refuse to roster any METS hitter the rest of the season.

• KindGuy

LOVE massive slates like this one we have tonight. Every team in action, ownership speed apart. There will be several players who go off but there will also be several landmines. This is where the REAL skill comes into play.

First glance, I might have to try and jam in Max and Kersh. Kershaw being the cheaper of the two is definitely surprising as the Nationals offense stinks.

So many bats I like including my Yankees but I probably won’t be able to afford them. I don’t like Syndergaard against that pesky Braves lineup. Chacin could be a good value play agains those weak Marlins righties but it’s still Chacin.I really don’t like anyone under the top two. I think Bauer, Verlander and Archer are all traps. Sneaky plays for me are Mancini, Avisail and LoMo.

Texas stack could also be money against washed up Felix.

And then you have the Chase Field game. Oh yea, and C00rs.

Should be fun!

• Lathum

I rarely play multiple lineups but I don’t see how I can’t run out at least 6 on FD.

I think I’m gonna run mostly
    The same hitters and rotate Kersh, Max, Verlander, and Thor. Then trot out one Coors stack with Lynn and one Astros stack with Lynn.

• Lathum

@dyavid said...

taking dollars out of the equation, how would you guys rank the top 4 sps tonight?

On FD I go Verlander/ Max/ Kershaw/ Thor.

Verlander has the best chance at a win and the 6 points and has about as much K upside. Max will likely Kna few more guys. Thor hasn’t pitched deep enough.

• mbunner23

I think coors disappoints tonight.

• slothonacid

I developed this flow chart that I’ve used twice when I have had more than 10 minutes to look into research…and both times I was in the money. I usually set lineups by gut feeling while I’m out having a smoke at work…and usually I don’t win or win much. I’m new to baseball Fantasy so still trying to figure it out. But here is the flowchart I’m using

*What 2-3 pitchers suck the most on the slate?
    *Who are the hitters facing those sucky pitchers?
    *Are the pitchers that suck left handed or right handed?
    *If Sucky Pitcher A is left handed, load up on the good hitters that are right handed
    *If Sucky Pitcher B is right handed, load up on the good hitters that are left handed
    *Insert one stud pitcher
    *Other pitcher based on remaining salary

• thedkexperience

@sox9 said...

Stack Mets … noted.

• thedkexperience

@slothonacid said...

I developed this flow chart that I’ve used twice when I have had more than 10 minutes to look into research…and both times I was in the money. I usually set lineups by gut feeling while I’m out having a smoke at work…and usually I don’t win or win much. I’m new to baseball Fantasy so still trying to figure it out. But here is the flowchart I’m using

*What 2-3 pitchers suck the most on the slate?
    *Who are the hitters facing those sucky pitchers?
    *Are the pitchers that suck left handed or right handed?
    *If Sucky Pitcher A is left handed, load up on the good hitters that are right handed
    *If Sucky Pitcher B is right handed, load up on the good hitters that are left handed
    *Insert one stud pitcher
    *Other pitcher based on remaining salary

That’s almost exactly what I do and I’m up almost a grand on the month. Haha.

Don’t over think it. I’d recommend giving yourself 45 minutes instead of 5 (I set my LUs on the treadmill every night) but it’s a completely viable strategy.

People over think this stuff way too much. The managers get paid millions of dollars to set their lineups correctly. Let them do the work for you.

Also, wait until the lineups come out and you’ll do even better.

• gordylamb

RG Overall Ranking

Coors will almost certainly not play. Live in denver, theres a ton of 4/20 festivities today (duh) and they’re all over social media talking about how they’re not cancelling regardless of rain or whatever. Rockies of course are not the same and the forecast looks gross.

• TheDataDetective

• Blogger of the Month

@sox9 said...

I feel your pain, but I almost said the same thing about Zimmerman and the Nats a few times over the past couple weeks. I went back to that well one more time and was rewarded eith a monster night (including Zimm’s 2HR + triple night). Recency bias kills…

• Mcdonacr

is Justin Smoak a lock button?

• jhpog

My flow chart is pretty simple:

-List the pitchers that give up hard contact at a below average rate

- List the hitters against those pitchers with a high ISO against that handed pitcher

- Of those hitters, remove ones against pitchers with high K rates

- Of those remaining, which ones are in the first 6 hitters

- Of those remaining, which ones are in a favorable ballpark for power

- If one team has multiple people that fit this, congrats you’ve found a stack (mini to full)

• lloydjv1

Lovely pitching battle in DET. Sooner or later I know those Tiger bats will come alive.

• thedkexperience

@jhpog said...

My flow chart is pretty simple:

-List the pitchers that give up hard contact at a below average rate

- List the hitters against those pitchers with a high ISO against that handed pitcher

- Of those hitters, remove ones against pitchers with high K rates

- Of those remaining, which ones are in the first 6 hitters

- Of those remaining, which ones are in a favorable ballpark for power

- If one team has multiple people that fit this, congrats you’ve found a stack (mini to full)

Both of your “flow charts” are really similar. While “this guy sucks” might not be an optimal term it’s highly likely that the guy who sucks also happens to be the guy who regularly gives up 100 mile per hour line drives.

There is room in baseball and DFS for analytics and gut feel. As long as your gut feel tells you something that is similar to what the analytics would be (not exactly, but close – being slightly off on the math can actually help differentiate you) and you’re not over valuing extremely minor differences that are statistically insignificant (rostering someone with 100 mph exit velo over someone with 99 like it matters) then chances are you’ll be in the right spot for some big wins.

• Ndepompei

@Mcdonacr said...

is Justin Smoak a lock button?

I think Bour is a lock button so I won’t have any Smoak

• thedkexperience

@Ndepompei said...

I think Bour is a lock button so I won’t have any Smoak

No Smoak on 4/20? That’s like not cool … maaaaaaaaan.

• Brian7479

@dyavid said...

taking dollars out of the equation, how would you guys rank the top 4 sps tonight?

1a. Verlander
    1b. Scherzer
    2. Kershaw
    3. Thor

• tratow

• 2015 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

@thedkexperience said...

No Smoak on 4/20? That’s like not cool … maaaaaaaaan.

You ever see the back of a 20$ bill.. on WEED man! Is there someone in the bush!?!?

• Brian7479

@Brandon6385 said...

Kershaw/Scherzer Kershaw/Verlander Scherzer/Verlander for cash!??\

Sherz/Lander

• spx333

• x2

2017 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

some good ‘ol Cold,Rain&Snow here in menver tonight…

• tratow

@spx333 said...

some good ‘ol Cold,Rain&Snow here in menver tonight…

Ahhh, its finally spring time!! Love Colorado!

• rickkain29

The past two days I’ve had at least one pitcher net me negative points. Here’s to hoping that doesn’t happen tonight.

• Brian7479

@sox9 said...

….. They’re averaging like 6 runs per game they’re last 4…..

• tratow

That GIF though!

• eatmyturf23

What’s with FD having these stupid “Salary Cap” games in the 3-man through 100-man entry space?

For example, I see no difference between “MLB Salary Cap 35k Fri Apr 20th (Main)” and “3-Player Contest ($1)”.

Then, at other larger Salary Cap contests, they may pay out a different top-N of players, even if the contest name is the same, so you have to check carefully.

Am I missing something obvious here?

(screwy)

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).