8:10 PM EST : Miami ( 145 ) at Milwaukee ( -157 ) —- T: 9
    8:10 PM EST : Houston ( 0 ) at Chi White Sox ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:15 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 179 ) at St. Louis ( -195 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:40 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( 102 ) at Colorado ( -110 ) —- T: 10.5
    9:40 PM EST : San Diego ( 118 ) at Arizona ( -128 ) —- T: 9
    10:05 PM EST : Boston ( -125 ) at Oakland ( 115 ) —- T: 9
    10:07 PM EST : SF Giants ( 129 ) at LA Angels ( -140 ) —- T: 8.5
    10:10 PM EST : Washington ( 129 ) at LA Dodgers ( -140 ) —- T: 6

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• BigRay

I hope DK fixes Denard Span total. He has 5 more pts. coming.

• jhpog

Oof, this night went south quickly. Still, lots of positives to take from it into tomorrow.

• eatmyturf23

@jhpog said...

Oof, this night went south quickly. Still, lots of positives to take from it into tomorrow.

Sucks man. Who’d you have, going south?

• 615SCRATCHMAN

LOL Who pissed MAX off 2 HBP

• 615SCRATCHMAN

Yes McCutchen

• Olhausen

I seemed like a genius for 4 innings going with Heaney. It’s mind boggling sometimes how pitcher can look so good and then get absolutely shelled by a shit hitting team in one inning.

• jhpog

@eatmyturf23 said...

Sucks man. Who’d you have, going south?

Had Pom as my SP2 a few times, not many Cubs (weather concerns, but I think I might have read an older update because the game looked fine when I saw it on TV), and more Kershaw than Scherzer or Verlander.

The positives to keep towards tomorrow is how this process has provided me with a lot of plays that I normally would not have found on my own at a low ownership. It’s providing a means to be contrarian while still having people in spots likely to succeed. For example, names that I would not have played on my own today (and their % owned in my big GPP) but ended up playing due to this process:

Kepler (1.0%)
    Morrison (1.0%)
    McCutchen (5.7%)
    Rosario (2.2%)
    Mac Williamson (0.6%)
    Franchy Cordero (3.3%)

Now, to be transparent I also played these people I normally wouldn’t have at low ownership and did poorly:

Sano (1.7%) – 0
    Hoskins (3.0%) – 4
    Duda (1.4%) – 0
    Moustakas (3.7%) – 5

But that’s a pretty great result overall. I didn’t piece it all together; my pitching was less than stellar (Bundy wasn’t on my radar at all) and I missed out entirely on some plays that I should of played (Cubs, Brewers). With that said, I feel like my process is lining up for a good score soon. For the last two weeks I’ve been getting better and better at it and finding some diamonds in the rough. If I can kick the bad habits of avoiding people that let me down recently (Zimmerman recently as an example), making lazy lineups based on feel rather than data, and improve on my pitching selection I think I’m going to have a good year.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

When one has a MIL-HOU 4-4 stack with Archer-Ross and 5 minutes before lock switches to STL-HOU 4-4 with Archer-Pomeranz for K upside and Ross starts throwing the slider again and has a no-no through 7 and your original lineup would be in 2nd place for 20k….. this is baseball telling me to take a vacation in a place where dfs is illegal right?

• jhpog

@Unico10 said...

When one has a MIL-HOU 4-4 stack with Archer-Ross and 5 minutes before lock switches to STL-HOU 4-4 with Archer-Pomeranz for K upside and Ross starts throwing the slider again and has a no-no through 7 and your original lineup would be in 2nd place for 20k….. this is baseball telling me to take a vacation in a place where dfs is illegal right?

That’s brutal :(

• txdave41

Nothing like placing 1st place in a 50/50 and still losing money on Fanduel. 187 score and my bankroll goes down even more. Sick of this shit. But I’m cashing in everything on Draft thanks to Schwarber. I’m about ready to quit Fanduel for good.

• eatmyturf23

@Unico10 said...

It’s tough to choose Ross, but yeah, as a Padres fan, I can say he’s gained back command of his slider. Looks nasty. He still has bad innings though, so I’m not totally convinced.

• cjs5555

i think ross is out of gas….115 pitches, fastball down to 88

• eatmyturf23

@cjs5555 said...

i think ross is out of gas….115 pitches, fastball down to 88

With that talk on the mound w/ 119 pitches, it looked like they set the expectation he’s not going the full game but needs to hold this lead and end the inning or at least this out.

• eatmyturf23

ARI wisely stole third on him, he’s delivering slowly here

• cjs5555

@eatmyturf23 said...

With that talk on the mound, it looked like they reset the expectation he’s not going the full game but needs to hold this lead.

i’m a little amazed they’ve let him go this far. dude has earned it with all he’s been through. gotta imagine he’s done if he walks marrero

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

@eatmyturf23 said...

It’s tough to choose Ross, but yeah, as a Padres fan, I can say he’s gained back command of his slider. Looks nasty. He still has bad innings though, so I’m not totally convinced.

Padres fan here too
    Watch him pitch last time…. getting ground balls, soft contact, no sliders and no Ks… that’s why I “upgraded”….

Brutal
    Hope he gets the no-no but he is gassed

• cjs5555

well, amazing performance from ross. i’m not touching him again for a while.

• eatmyturf23

They got out of that jam with the play at home; it’s dumb now with 2 outs and a man on 1st to keep pitching Ross beyond 124 pitches. They have solid bullpen options. Use them and wrap it up.

edit:
    His arm looks like it’s going jelly and has lost command. ARI is just kindly swinging at low, slow junk here.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

@eatmyturf23 said...

They got out of that jam with the play at home; it’s dumb now with 2 outs and a man on 1st to keep pitching Ross beyond 124 pitches. They have solid bullpen options. Use them and wrap it up.

edit:
    End inning, but still, his arm looks like it’s going jelly and has lost command. ARI is just kindly swinging at low, slow junk here.

Why is Brad Hand out there now?
    Worst manager in MLB

• Olhausen

Leave it to the cursed padres to defensively blow the no hitter. Why do I have to be a San Diego fan?

• eatmyturf23

Wait, there was a double in the 8th?

Charged to Ross, then after that Hand comes in?

I thought it was the 3rd out then cut to commercial, that’s what I get for blinking. Huh. Well, that explains getting Hand in there to get the 3rd out after the no-no was already lost.

• eatmyturf23

I guess my call was right, could have prevented that run.

• WestCrook1

When did Mitch Moreland become Jim Thome

• eatmyturf23

So, how many 9th inning runs will the Diamondbacks allow on errors to the Padres? lol

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

@eatmyturf23 said...

Wait, there was a double in the 8th?

Charged to Ross, then after that Hand comes in?

I thought it was the 3rd out then cut to commercial, that’s what I get for blinking. Huh. Well, that explains getting Hand in there to get the 3rd out after the no-no was already lost.

But on the road on a tie game?
    Is working out but you gotta keep your closer for the save on the road

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).