7:05 PM EST : St. Louis ( 116 ) at Washington ( -125 ) — T: 9.0
    7:10 PM EST : Toronto ( 105 ) at Boston ( -113 ) — T: 8.5
    7:40 PM EST : NY Mets ( -129 ) at Chi Cubs ( 119 ) — T:
    8:10 PM EST Tampa Bay ( ) at Kansas City ( ) — T:
    8:40 PM EST : Houston ( ) at Colorado ( ) — T:
    9:38 PM EST : Texas ( 182 ) at LA Angels ( -200 ) — T: 8.5
    10:00 PM EST : Minnesota ( ) at Oakland ( ) — T:
    10:10 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 103 ) at San Diego ( -111 ) — T: 7.0

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• ifthethunder

So Trout was a lout, but Fletcher, Upton, and Walsh did just enough to get me 2 of 6 min-cashes. (Mainly because of Duffy and Musgrove, of course.)

On to today: I see we have Carlos Rodon vs Zach Plesac again (in DK’s turbo slate). I’ll take Rodon again.

And the Hugh (Sean) Manatee. I guess Pirates – Tigers is getting a weather postponement.
    ~

• biga0787

Cardinals scored 12 runs yesterday. They will I’ll assume be overowned today against Corbin, probably for good reason. Chalk cardinals don’t score runs lol. I’ll play a lu with the cardinals and one with Corbin, especially at 6500 on FanDuel

• ifthethunder

Roth thinks CHWCLE will play, but ARICIN is dicier.
    ~

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #50

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

I’m not opposed to big MLB slates at all, but I don’t understand why DK would start a slate at 6:30 EST to make what would have been a just fine 8 game slate into a 13 game slate.

Especially, when the 6:30 game between Minnesota and Oakland is game 1 of a double header (unless I’m mistaken), which means it’s a 7 inning game, which they have no warning off yet, that I see.

Although unknown at the time, 2 games in the 6:30 to 7 window have major weather issues. So, basically 3 of the 5 games they’re adding to the slate with a half hour earlier start time carry fairly significant issues.

I’d get it if it was to turn a 4 game or smaller slate into a bigger slate, but this I just don’t understand. Anyway, short version, I will not be playing MLB on DK today….unless I change my mind later.

• ifthethunder

@Pandamonious said...

Anyway, short version, I will not be playing MLB on DK today….unless I change my mind later.

I only play on DK and I’m doing all the major sport Ironman things (and some minor ones, too). Diamond status each month vs my dollar volume invested (relatively small) is worth it.

However, I agree with you. I think DK bought their algorithms from Skynet.
    ~

• TheShaman43

@Pandamonious said...

I’m not opposed to big MLB slates at all, but I don’t understand why DK would start a slate at 6:30 EST to make what would have been a just fine 8 game slate into a 13 game slate.

Especially, when the 6:30 game between Minnesota and Oakland is game 1 of a double header (unless I’m mistaken), which means it’s a 7 inning game, which they have no warning off yet, that I see.

Although unknown at the time, 2 games in the 6:30 to 7 window have major weather issues. So, basically 3 of the 5 games they’re adding to the slate with a half hour earlier start time carry fairly significant issues.

I’d get it if it was to turn a 4 game or smaller slate into a bigger slate, but this I just don’t understand. Anyway, short version, I will not be playing MLB on DK today….unless I change my mind later.

Haha, interesting perspective and thanks for sharing (because I often get trapped in my own head and think everyone else must think like me). You say this is why you won’t be playing on DK today, I have also been playing far less baseball on DK this year, but for the exact opposite reason – I can’t understand why they don’t offer full-day slates (ok, I understand why, but I still want them). Why can’t I run a Dodgers/Padres stack today? Why couldn’t I have paired Giolito with Dustin May yesterday?

I’m desperate to play each calendar day as a single unit and DK just doesn’t offer it. At all. I’ve been playing more on Fanduel this year simply because they offer full-day slates…The contests/prizes are smaller, I don’t care for the format (I prefer the two-pitcher setup), or the pricing (feel like I never have to make decisions – whatever my first though is always seems to fit), but I’ll take those downsides over splitting the slates.

I have a feeling a lot of this opinion comes from me not being so much a “DFS player” as much as “a fan who plays DFS”.

I don’t really post here, but y’all are a great resource and I read here daily, keep it up for us freeloaders who don’t run numbers and play by gut or fandom, you truly do help us out a lot.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #50

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

Yeah, everybody likes different things, and my opinion on it, might be the minority. One of the bonuses for me of MLB is you can actually know the line ups and who is playing before lock much more often than not, even for the late games. So, when you start the slate earlier, you’re also decreasing the chances you know the line ups for the late games before the slate starts.

So, actually if this was a slate where the last game started at say, 9 EST, then 6:30 start time would make more sense too.

I’m also more of a fan of the smaller slates, because I can devote more time to each game. Like yesterday with Dylan Bundy. On a bigger slate, I probably don’t dive into him to the level at which I did, and maybe even just play him like everyone else did, but the extra time allowed me to come across multiple red flags, and I was able to avoid him successfully, while 50% of people just thought he was a lock play.

Now, granted maybe I just got lucky, but we’ll never really know, and I prefer to think the time I spent was beneficial. 13 game slates, there’s now way to dive into the extra layers on everything, and ultimately you are going to miss things. So, basically what I’m saying is, on huge slates I tend to just more so get a very surface level of the slate and play game theory more than anything or even just play the obvious chalk/best spots, and let others reach, while on smaller slates I basically know the whole thing inside out and usually find more success.

• JIB7

Can’t decide if I like the Red Sox righties against Ryu or not. Really like Mets and Astros – well priced on FD – but they’re playing in freezing temps.

• ifthethunder

Thing is, the Astros are missing some key players and they’ve been hitting for isht. Same goes for the Rockies (re: hitting). But Vegas says total is 11, and who am I to argue?
    ~

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

@ifthethunder said...

Thing is, the Astros are missing some key players and they’ve been hitting for isht. Same goes for the Rockies (re: hitting). But Vegas says total is 11, and who am I to argue?
    ~

Give me a breathing human with a bat in Coors over Trout…. exaggerating of course but the diluted Astros lineup is a gift. Gray is almost a bigger head case than Paddack and the chances of him getting lit up vs having a quality outing are 50-50 imo
    Plus until the Rockies have a strong BP (will never happen) or they get permission to play with 4 OFs to cover that huge expanse… playing the visiting team at Coors over the course of a season is +EV

Agree with Panda, the 3:30 start was unneeded at best…

Interesting slate

Totals in OAK are low because of 7 inning game, hard to trust Shoemaker but he does have the platoon advantage…. Mananea? A LH vs Twins with Buxton back batting behind Cruz? No thank you….
    Castillo at 6.6 is too cheap
    Cardinals will be highly owned and often fail in that spot, but they are hot and Corbin has been a mess
    Harvey vs a mostly RH Marlins lineup in a pitcher ballpark… disgusting but probably worth it
    Waino is also too cheap, Nats have been cold
    Wheeler SEEMS safe but in a hitter ballpark on a warm day with wind blowing out
    I like the Blue Jays RHs vs the corpse of ERod
    Royals RHs
    Back to the Angels for redemption
    Paddack $10k? LOL!!!! With his hard contact to lefties and his big head…? No thank you. Vogelback at 2.7 Narvaez 3.6 Jackie Bradley 3.2 Shaw 4.1 four man stack for 13.6… only issue is Padres BP is lights out, so you are really looking for a few bombs or a big inning.
    All the Astros, as one offs, as secondary stacks or primary stacks

• JIB7

Paddack price difference on DK vs FD is wild. That kind of disparity has to be pretty rare.

• monarch

I have been prop betting NBA to reasonable success. Just started dabbling on MLB prop bet or juicing a NBA parlay with a MLB hit O/U. Wanted to point out that PlateIQ has been extremely beneficial to me. I basically target low BB rate hitters at the top of the order, so far so good.

• monarch

I like Gray. 39 degrees at first pitch wind blowing in and the Astros missing bats and without their DH. He is generally better in Coors and well…all that leverage.

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

@Pandamonious said...

I will not be playing MLB on DK today….unless I change my mind later.

Change your mind yet? lol. I’ve been trying to avoid the bigger MLB slates, seems like every 4-6 slate I crush and anything more than 7-8 I have no chance. I thiiink I’ll be sitting out the main as well. Took third yesterday, bested by Awesemo and Bric – really needed Musgrove to poop the bed which he did not. I went in thinking that Joe Ross would be Joe Ross, which he was, so I had all the cards, but avoided Joe Musgrove because I thought he would be Joe Musgrove, he was not.

• BigRay

I am a fan of the all day slate. It is a different beast for sure. You really have to build with some early some middle and a couple late night hammers. Of course, line ups might not be out also so you have to think about options if your guy is out. But the most important thing to me is that as a fan of baseball I can have the enjoyment of watching one line up from 1pm until midnight. That is until it’s trash and I try making it up in the late slate.

Edit: I have been asking for more all day slates but today’s is not the one I would have to chosen to start these back.

• yisman

Castillo had an awful start, a good start, and a bad start (ok for DFS as he did get 7 Ks)

now he’s 6,600 on DK…

2k too cheap.

• BigRay

@Unico10 said...

Paddack $10k? LOL!!!!

I like that Burnes kid on the other side. Been pretty darn good so far this year. Knock on wood.

• wmudude24

@Pandamonious said...

You know that just because you posted this, it’ll be a twins stack + Rodon in the optimal, right? 😂

In all seriousness I do have a question: if a starter goes the distance in a 7 inning game are they eligible for the CG/SHO bonuses on DK?

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

@wmudude24 said...

In all seriousness I do have a question: if a starter goes the distance in a 7 inning game are they eligible for the CG/SHO bonuses on DK?

I am almost certain the answer is yes, not seeing it on the contest rules though. Someone else will have to confirm.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

@BigRay said...

I like that Burnes kid on the other side. Been pretty darn good so far this year. Knock on wood.

Have a lot of him.
    Certainly due for some regression… but even if he gives up a couple of runs as long as the strikeouts are there he will pay off his salary.

• Lathum

Not sure who plays on Yahoo but the Rockies salaries in Coors are absurdly low. Ownership will be an issue, so if you only run 1-2 lineups a fade may actually be the play.

Finished 3rd in the 10K baller last night, their biggest tournament, with Trout going 0-4. He does anything and my profits would be $1650 more. Blech.

• awilson45

@Pandamonious said...

Yeah, terrible decision by DK. That extra half hour is pretty critical on weekdays for those of us who don’t play DFS FT. I’m not playing this slate.

• awilson45

@Sleazygreazy said...

Change your mind yet? lol. I’ve been trying to avoid the bigger MLB slates, seems like every 4-6 slate I crush and anything more than 7-8 I have no chance. I thiiink I’ll be sitting out the main as well. Took third yesterday, bested by Awesemo and Bric – really needed Musgrove to poop the bed which he did not. I went in thinking that Joe Ross would be Joe Ross, which he was, so I had all the cards, but avoided Joe Musgrove because I thought he would be Joe Musgrove, he was not.

Lol Musgrove is good, why the shade?

• yisman

@wmudude24 said...

Yes

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

@awilson45 said...

Lol Musgrove is good, why the shade?

Yeah I guess so, maybe I’ll have to get on board. But he’s not 1.42 K/Inning good

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).