7:05 PM EST : St. Louis ( 116 ) at Washington ( -125 ) — T: 9.0
    7:10 PM EST : Toronto ( 105 ) at Boston ( -113 ) — T: 8.5
    7:40 PM EST : NY Mets ( -129 ) at Chi Cubs ( 119 ) — T:
    8:10 PM EST Tampa Bay ( ) at Kansas City ( ) — T:
    8:40 PM EST : Houston ( ) at Colorado ( ) — T:
    9:38 PM EST : Texas ( 182 ) at LA Angels ( -200 ) — T: 8.5
    10:00 PM EST : Minnesota ( ) at Oakland ( ) — T:
    10:10 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 103 ) at San Diego ( -111 ) — T: 7.0

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• yisman

Pirates,PPD

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

“Verdict reached, will be read shortly”

Could affect games today, keep that in mind

• biga0787

^^^ this, sides aside. Players may sit out depending on the verdict

• truegrinder

Anyone know how the wind will be blowing at Chicago tonight? Will it be blowing out like it did against Atlanta on Sunday? I’m seeing some good success by the Mets bats at cheap prices against arrieta

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

Adrianza is stone minimum…lame

• Pandamonious

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@truegrinder said...

Anyone know how the wind will be blowing at Chicago tonight? Will it be blowing out like it did against Atlanta on Sunday? I’m seeing some good success by the Mets bats at cheap prices against arrieta

In, but slightly. The cold is a bigger issue then the wind.

• truegrinder

@Pandamonious said...

In, but slightly. The cold is a bigger issue then the wind.

Word

• jayzee666

I think I am stacking the PPd tiger game.
    Low owned.
    Can’t do any worse than normal.
    I won’t ruin it for everyone else!

Man I totally shutdown the offense in the SD this afternoon! The pitchers even texted me a thank you for not playing them! Giolloto is still sending me nasty texts from yesterday.

• Pandamonious

Juan Soto scratched and put on the 10-day DL.

Kind of liked the Nats here, and don’t trust Waino on the road, but hmm….

• tbird05

FD is so confusing these days..Who is more game theory optimal Paddack 6.9k or Burnes 10.5k. No Yelich No Machado No Tatis Jr. No Castillo because 4 games were left off for starting 30 minutes earlier.

• monarch

@Pandamonious said...

Juan Soto scratched and put on the 10-day DL.

Kind of liked the Nats here, and don’t trust Waino on the road, but hmm….

Good looking out. I still like them.

The Cards side looks really good, good weather, park and all and the Nats implied run total is higher. The Nats bullpen is really weak right now. Maybe I am reading too much into the vegas data.

• Pandamonious

@tbird05 said...

FD is so confusing these days..Who is more game theory optimal Paddack 6.9k or Burnes 10.5k. No Yelich No Machado No Tatis Jr. No Castillo because 4 games were left off for starting 30 minutes earlier.

I think Paddack will be higher owned.

• axman15

Really want to play Castillo, but I can’t pull the trigger with the potential PPD. I’ve been burned too often by guys in 50/50 spots.

• tbird05

@Pandamonious said...

I think Paddack will be higher owned.

That was my read…but pricing has been such a joke that you could stack whomever you want with any pitcher…and he is top billing.

• BigRay

Went throwback night with Ground Ball Chuck and the Dark Knight. I’ll let you know how it goes

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

I guess Castillo wasn’t too cheap after all…

But shouldn’t all run be unearned??

Single
    Failed fielder choice (E) (should be one OUT)
    Single
    Single
    DP (should be 3 outs)

What am I missing?
    The runner advanced due to the error so there shouldn’t be an assumption that would have scored on a single anyway and Calhoun shouldn’t have been on base
    So, maybe one earned run… but two?

• RudyPujols

@Unico10 said...

I guess Castillo wasn’t to cheap after all…

But shouldn’t all run be unearned??

Single
    Failed fielder choice (E) (should be one OUT)
    Single
    Single
    DP (should be 3 outs)

What am I missing?

Smith and Calhoun both scored with zero outs prior to the DP. So it should be at least 1 ER, as Smith reached on a single and scored with zero outs. Calhoun, on the other hand, reached on a fielder’s choice error (not just a fielder’s choice without an error), so I think 2 ER is wrong. That said, earned run rules on fielder’s choice versus error can be tricky. But here it wasn’t just that India threw to a base too late, the throw was on time but errant and it was scored an error. So, I think it should be 1 ER, but I suspect the FC is the source of the confusion.

My re-read of Rule 9.16 leads me to believe that they were correct to have counted Calhoun as an ER but incorrect to have counted Smith as an ER, as Smith would be unearned per 9.16-c based on the way they scored it not just as a FC but as a FC with throwing error (and not a throwing error that lead to an extra base but that simply resulted in no force out being completed at second base).

I’ll be surprised if it doesn’t change from 2 ER to 1 ER.

And, yep, it has been corrected to 1 ER.

• Pandamonious

I have more Walker than anyone probably ever should. Getting nervous.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

@Pandamonious said...

I have more Walker than anyone probably ever should. Getting nervous.

Is just the cubbies…. you’ll be fine :)

• TheRyanFlaherty

Boo Corbin! Totally screw my bets last time out, looking like the worst pitcher in the world….now I go the other way and you remember how to pitch. Sucks…oh well…

• jayzee666

Yep, should have stacked the Detroit game. No difference. I hope my pitchers get LIT up! Would compliment what I am doing to my bats again.

Sorry about the Cards. Probably should have said something, but that wouldn’t be fair to those not on the forum.

• RudyPujols

Took a risk on short game Olson as a one-off and he hits a grand dong at 2% in SE. Should provide nice and needed deviation to the Burnes/Coors build.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

If you have an OAK first baseman you should be doing alright…. luckily nobody can have both!

• Baysman

Lol. So much for the Blue jays “ace”

• RudyPujols

Mattingly’s bizarre fascination with double switching Jazz out of games is frustrating.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).