8:10 PM EST : St. Louis ( -112 ) at Milwaukee ( 104 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:10 PM EST : Detroit ( -134 ) at Minnesota ( 124 ) —- T: 7.5
    8:10 PM EST : Cleveland ( -157 ) at Chi Sox ( 145 ) —- T: 7.5
    8:40 PM EST : SF Giants ( -121 ) at Colorado ( 112 ) —- T: 10.5
    9:40 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( -132 ) at Arizona ( 122 ) —- T: 9.5
    10:05 PM EST : Seattle ( 118 ) at Oakland ( -128 ) —- T: 7.5
    10:07 PM EST : Toronto ( 127 ) at LA Angels ( -138 ) —- T: 9
    10:10 PM EST : Miami ( -118 ) at San Diego ( 109 ) —- T: 7.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• mabrla

@vandymark said...

I will :) FD= VandyMark

Sent!

• djcory27

@Lathum said...

The tournaments being run on FD are making me really nervous about their health. Last year they were running much bigger tournaments that filled without a problem. This year the smaller ones are barely filling before lock.

Has to make me wonder why they are running smaller games and limiting their liability. Do they not have the money to cover a potential overlay? If not that is really, really bad.

They appear to be in big trouble, the size of tourney’s being deployed on a big Friday slate of games is quite underwhelming. Last season the tournaments were much larger and filled much quicker. Every $1 50/50 is filled with sharks, there’s just not nearly as many casual players left.

• crazydaisy2013

@Dirt_Lavert said...

I looked at their strikeouts per game which is at 8.6, but then I remembered that they have had at least a few extra inning games that could definitely be inflating that number. 14 last game is certainly inflating the stats for K average for the last 3 games. Does that make sense or am I overthinking that? lol. All in all, KC offense is anemic. This is a huge spot for Hamels to have a big game. Guy was a beast last year

https://www.teamrankings.com/mlb/stat/strikeouts-per-game

I’m looking at K potential.

• EricThamesPhoneHome

will E.T. phone home strike again?

• Noluhh

My LU’s were garb yesterday. My fiancee ( who barely knows anything about baseball) made a entry and was the only one of mine that cashed.

• madmanjayWV

You guys forgot about the best FD GPP !!! and it’s only $666

$500K Fri MLB DEMONster ($100K to 1st)

Hopefully Glasnow and CC Suckbathia lock up in a pitcher’s duel….i’m totally fading the KC/TEX game…Cueto could go well in scores field……. HARVEY news is interesting, but I dunno.

• feekdogg

@madmanjayWV said...

You guys forgot about the best FD GPP !!! and it’s only $666

$500K Fri MLB DEMONster ($100K to 1st)

Hopefully Glasnow and CC Suckbathia lock up in a pitcher’s duel….i’m totally fading the KC/TEX game…Cueto could go well in scores field……. HARVEY news is interesting, but I dunno.

The truly maddening part of these tournaments is Fanduel probably pays some dullard to come up with these cutesy names for all their “special” tournaments.
    “Let’s run three NBA tournaments tonight: We’ll call them Larry, Curly and Moe! Brilliant!”

• Roma315

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #71

RG Tiered Ranking

@Lathum said...

The tournaments being run on FD are making me really nervous about their health. Last year they were running much bigger tournaments that filled without a problem. This year the smaller ones are barely filling before lock.

Has to make me wonder why they are running smaller games and limiting their liability. Do they not have the money to cover a potential overlay? If not that is really, really bad.

I disagree all their big tournament prices went up and are filling.

• Johnglensen

What stats should I be looking at to gauge a pitchers ability to prevent steals?

• crazydaisy2013

@Johnglensen said...

What stats should I be looking at to gauge a pitchers ability to prevent steals?

wSB

• SweeneyPhoto

Question is do the Red Sox bats stay frozen? Mookie loves Camden Yards, so it’s going to be interesting.

• crazydaisy2013

@SweeneyPhoto said...

Question is do the Red Sox bats stay frozen? Mookie loves Camden Yards, so it’s going to be interesting.

What ownership would you be willing to fade him?

• SweeneyPhoto

@crazydaisy2013 said...

>25%

• Johnglensen

Thanks crazydaisy2013

• hcassidy

Sad part is, all the bats I truly love tonight are sitting in that Volatile ‘Red’ Weather. So trying to hold out as late as I can to get a better read on it. But as of now I have 1 L/U set with mid-tier pitching and 0 stacks.

• Drew52786

@SweeneyPhoto said...

>25%

there’s no way he’s 25% on a full slate with coors

• mabrla

@crazydaisy2013 said...

1. Play Kershaw at home.
    2. Play Cespedes in Miami.
    3. Play Mookie in Baltimore.
    4. Play Max vs. teams with more than 4 right handed batters.
    5. Play Arenado in Coors vs. lefties.

Your 5 DFS commandments.

• hcassidy

@mabrla said...

1. Play Kershaw at home.
    2. Play Cespedes in Miami.
    3. Play Mookie in Baltimore.
    4. Play Max vs. teams with more than 4 right handed batters.
    5. Play Arenado in Coors vs. lefties.

Your 5 DFS commandments.

That last one though was it him or Cargo that got hit in the wrist last night?

• mabrla

@hcassidy said...

That last one though was it him or Cargo that got hit in the wrist last night?

CarGo. Arenado is not facing a lefty tonight in Coors though. He’s facing a righty with a 1.87 ERA and 8-0 career record at Coors in 40 degree weather.

• hcassidy

Thank You, also get ready to see how and what positions Jose Ramirez will be slotted at going forward. Kipnis is back tonight so that means Ramirez will go to 3rd/OF when needed.

• hcassidy

And as far as Coors, just rechecked my 1 L/U I have 1 player and its none mentioned who has hit Cueto very well.

• noddy

@EricThamesPhoneHome said...

will E.T. phone home strike again?

This made me laugh

• Lathum

@Roma315 said...

I disagree all their big tournament prices went up and are filling.

I don’t think you could be more wrong.

The large tournaments are filling because there are plenty of pros and high dollar players left, that isn’t and has never been the concern.

I had an argument in an NBA thread a while back with someone who couldn’t or wouldn’t get the concept that there is only a finite number of players. Once that number dries up so does the industry.

For most people DFS is entertainment dollars. Average guy decides to give it a try, deposits $100 and gives it a whirl. He then bumps uglies with all the sharks, and even experienced players like me ( I hover around the top 10% on RG rankings) and loses his money in a week without ever really having even a good sweat. Most of the time that guy is going to realize the game can’t be beat and he won’t win that 50K that was promised on TV, and he won’t redeposit. Instead he will go to the movies, but the new FIFA game, hookers and blow, etc…

Contrast that with some way for that guy to stretch his bankroll out, cash a few tournaments, and have some good sweats. Even when his money eventually dries up, which it undoubtedly will, he will be a lot more likely to redeposit because there is the perception he can win, and he got some bang for his buck.I realize FD has made a weak effort at beginners tournaments, but the problem is a lot bigger than those can solve.

Tracking the big tournaments is a dreadful way of determining the health of the industry. The smaller tournaments are what are telling, because that is where the fish, the bottom of the foodchain, hang out.

You want an accurate account of health of the industry show me how many people REDEPOSIT after losing their initial deposit, that will be the most telling number. I bet a ton of people sign up and make their first deposit with dreams of riches and rubbing elbows with Tommy G and Kevin Roth at a live finale, but how many of those people come back after getting their head caved in? Thats the key.

• noddy

@hcassidy said...

Sad part is, all the bats I truly love tonight are sitting in that Volatile ‘Red’ Weather. So trying to hold out as late as I can to get a better read on it. But as of now I have 1 L/U set with mid-tier pitching and 0 stacks.

What red weather?

• noddy

Is anyone on Bundy tonight? I know it’s the Red Sox, but I’m not really scared of them.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).