8:10 PM EST : St. Louis ( -112 ) at Milwaukee ( 104 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:10 PM EST : Detroit ( -134 ) at Minnesota ( 124 ) —- T: 7.5
    8:10 PM EST : Cleveland ( -157 ) at Chi Sox ( 145 ) —- T: 7.5
    8:40 PM EST : SF Giants ( -121 ) at Colorado ( 112 ) —- T: 10.5
    9:40 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( -132 ) at Arizona ( 122 ) —- T: 9.5
    10:05 PM EST : Seattle ( 118 ) at Oakland ( -128 ) —- T: 7.5
    10:07 PM EST : Toronto ( 127 ) at LA Angels ( -138 ) —- T: 9
    10:10 PM EST : Miami ( -118 ) at San Diego ( 109 ) —- T: 7.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Dirt_Lavert

How safe does Hamels and Verlander sound as a pair on DK? Not sure where to go but it looks like there are enough inexpensive bats so it looks like spending for pitchers isn’t going to kill ya unless they put up sub 20 numbers.

I also have the chalk Brewers stack with Thames, Shaw, Braun (numbers vs Wainwright are worrisome), and Pina. Considering Villar too.

Also considering some A’s (Vogt, Khris/”(player-popup)Rajai Davis”:/players/rajai-davis-10552, Lowrie), few indians (Brandtley, Lindor), Rays 1-5, Kinsler, and Cory Seager.

How does this sound? I’m a sox fan and sometimes I overlook them because for some reason I have some bias or mental block when Boston teams are on DFS slates. Mookie going to be 30% in single entry I’m guessing

• Conrad

I wouldnt really call the red sox bat’s frozen like most have. They just haven’t hit the ball out of the ball park very much and extra base hits are down minus Moreland. That’s definitely going to change. Hanley seems like the only who really has got off to a slow start. I think Sox hit 2-3 Homer’s tonight and Mookie probably nabs one of them.

Also side note. Meyer at 6k gives you so many options to stack bat’s. Torontos offense is putrid right now. People need to stop going back to last year with them. Right now they just flat out stink. I could see 30+ from Meyer tonight.

• mbunner23

I really wanted to play Goldy in cash but can’t justify fading Thames at 3,800.

• deactivated51600

@Lathum said...

there is only a finite number of players

In the U.S. every day, according to census data, approximately 11,000 people turn 18(age required to play DFS.. i assume?). Approximately 4 million per year.

Obv not all of those will play DFS, but a % will. Can you explain why the new player pool is as finite as you describe? Or, are you just saying that as a baseless generalization because it suits your overall point?

• noddy

No pitcher is safe anymore. It is time to pay down for pitchers and up for batters in cash games.

• KindGuy

@Lathum said...

I bet a ton of people sign up and make their first deposit with dreams of riches and rubbing elbows with Tommy G

• KindGuy

@noddy said...

Is anyone on Bundy tonight? I know it’s the Red Sox, but I’m not really scared of them.

He’s due for some SERIOUS regression in the dong department.

• SkateFiend

@Dirt_Lavert said...

How safe does Hamels and Verlander sound as a pair on DK? Not sure where to go but it looks like there are enough inexpensive bats so it looks like spending for pitchers isn’t going to kill ya unless they put up sub 20 numbers.

I also have the chalk Brewers stack with Thames, Shaw, Braun (numbers vs Wainwright are worrisome), and Pina. Considering Villar too.

Also considering some A’s (Vogt, Khris/”(player-popup)Rajai Davis”:/players/rajai-davis-10552, Lowrie), few indians (Brandtley, Lindor), Rays 1-5, Kinsler, and Cory Seager.

How does this sound? I’m a sox fan and sometimes I overlook them because for some reason I have some bias or mental block when Boston teams are on DFS slates. Mookie going to be 30% in single entry I’m guessing

The Royals are in major funk and they barely put away the Angels and their homer prone starters. I think Hamels is safe, but he’s one of those starters who might get rocked unexpectedly.

I’m expecting good things out of Verlander tonight, because he’ll be determined to make up for his last start. In a tight game Ausmus (or whoever’s running the Tigers) will let him got 7,8 innings.

But who knows, starting pitching is a bit volatile right now. All the experts recommended Thor, C-Mart and Paxton yesterday and 2 of them got hit.

• BigPod

Weather a concern in Baltimore?

• hcassidy

@noddy said...

What red weather?

As of now Cinci/Cubs, Atl/Philly, Bos/Balt, & KC/Texas all show chance of rain all above 60%. So waiting to see if it drops some and watching the radar for those games.

• noddy

@hcassidy said...

As of now Cinci/Cubs, Atl/Philly, Bos/Balt, & KC/Texas all show chance of rain all above 60%. So waiting to see if it drops some and watching the radar for those games.

Well Roth hasn’t updated it, but he has nothing over yellow. Red pretty much means PPD and above 60% sure as hell isn’t red.

• jtkucheck

Not relevant to today but this MadBum news is unreal.

• hoffs812

For cash….Thames/Toles or Carpenter/Dickerson??

• Privy

• 2015 FanDuel MLB Playboy Mansion Finalist

Trouble weather spot tonight is Texas. That takes Hamel off my rader because they will have stoppage at some point.

• hcassidy

@noddy said...

Well Roth hasn’t updated it, but he has nothing over yellow. Red pretty much means PPD and above 60% sure as hell isn’t red.

I know he hasn’t and I follow him on twitter. I am following local forecast after last night when said rain was to hit within(said time) of the Bal/Cinci game and it didn’t show till the 8th and was nothing but a sprinkle. I faded Miley last night because weather was to hit mid innings 3/4/5. Which gave me starter concerns.

• firepimp

Noone really on Kluber tonight? i love him tonight for some reason.

• mbunner23

@firepimp said...

I’m on him.

• SweeneyPhoto

@noddy said...

Is anyone on Bundy tonight? I know it’s the Red Sox, but I’m not really scared of them.

Yah, I was thinking about a Bundy and RH O’s stack “because contrarian”

• Dirt_Lavert

honestly just realized Jose Ramirez and Gyorko are probably going to be really good plays tonight at 2B. I have Villar and Kinsler in right now. Thinking of changing up.

• fanturds

@Conrad said...

Also side note. Meyer at 6k gives you so many options to stack bat’s. Torontos offense is putrid right now. People need to stop going back to last year with them. Right now they just flat out stink. I could see 30+ from Meyer tonight.

anything is possible. For what its worth, minor league hitters got 19 hits off him in 15 IP.

what Meyer does have going for him…..hes got great velocity on his fastball, and decent K rates in the minors.

overall, it doesn’t look great on paper….but i can see the upside here.

• mbunner23

Is Justin Turners hand an issue?

• Conrad

If BvP is your thing the middle of the white sox order has fared well against Kluber in the past. Not a slam dunk.

• murphstahoe

Anyone up for a $2 H2H on DK just for grins so we can talk smack?

• mbunner23

@murphstahoe said...

Anyone up for a $2 H2H on DK just for grins so we can talk smack?

No. But you can play in our 6 man league tonight if you want. Have an opening. $3 entry on dk.

• hcassidy

@firepimp said...

Shhhhhhhhhh

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).