8:10 PM EST : St. Louis ( -112 ) at Milwaukee ( 104 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:10 PM EST : Detroit ( -134 ) at Minnesota ( 124 ) —- T: 7.5
    8:10 PM EST : Cleveland ( -157 ) at Chi Sox ( 145 ) —- T: 7.5
    8:40 PM EST : SF Giants ( -121 ) at Colorado ( 112 ) —- T: 10.5
    9:40 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( -132 ) at Arizona ( 122 ) —- T: 9.5
    10:05 PM EST : Seattle ( 118 ) at Oakland ( -128 ) —- T: 7.5
    10:07 PM EST : Toronto ( 127 ) at LA Angels ( -138 ) —- T: 9
    10:10 PM EST : Miami ( -118 ) at San Diego ( 109 ) —- T: 7.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Lathum

@whoisjohngalt said...

In the U.S. every day, according to census data, approximately 11,000 people turn 18(age required to play DFS.. i assume?). Approximately 4 million per year.

Obv not all of those will play DFS, but a % will. Can you explain why the new player pool is as finite as you describe? Or, are you just saying that as a baseless generalization because it suits your overall point?

Right. Tons of 18 year old kids are rushing to play DFS. These companies likely cover people 25-40. Most 18 year olds don’t have disposable income, and if they do are using it to chase girls.

• hcassidy

@mbunner23 said...

No. But you can play in our 6 man league tonight if you want. Have an opening. $3 entry on dk.

for the giggles I am game send me the link will put 1 of my 2 in there

• firepimp

@Dirt_Lavert said...

honestly just realized Jose Ramirez and Gyorko are probably going to be really good plays tonight at 2B. I have Villar and Kinsler in right now. Thinking of changing up.

I called Gyorko last night and he did well for me. The guy has power

• hcassidy

@Dirt_Lavert said...

honestly just realized Jose Ramirez and Gyorko are probably going to be really good plays tonight at 2B. I have Villar and Kinsler in right now. Thinking of changing up.

Like I said probably his nights as a 2B will be dried up after tonight. he is going back to the Utility role of 3B/OF

• murphstahoe

@mbunner23 said...

No. But you can play in our 6 man league tonight if you want. Have an opening. $3 entry on dk.

Yes – how to find it?

• firepimp

Made my main lineups. But we all know I’m a Rays fan/whore. Making a throw all my money away lineup in a 5 dollar game and pairing KK and Dickerson together. Something is screaming in my ear KK has a big night and dickerson keeps delivering almost everyday.

• mbunner23

@murphstahoe said...

Yes – how to find it?

Check your pms

• mbunner23

@hcassidy said...

for the giggles I am game send me the link will put 1 of my 2 in there

Next time brother. What’s your dk name? I’ll add you to the group.

• Bentbake

Gyorko never plays in the OF. He will be getting a lot of starts at 3B with Peralta being out/sucking.

• hcassidy

same as here.

• Dirt_Lavert

@firepimp said...

Made my main lineups. But we all know I’m a Rays fan/whore. Making a throw all my money away lineup in a 5 dollar game and pairing KK and Dickerson together. Something is screaming in my ear KK has a big night and dickerson keeps delivering almost everyday.

I actually have them in a lu and I am deciding on whether or not I should play them. Will probably be fairly low owned in single entry for DK. Can’t see them above 10% on this slate.

How you feeling about the Indians firepimp? I currently have a Brewers/Indians stack but the indians are somewhat worrisome. My first build just had Lindor, and one just had Brantley. Not a three man stack with them and Ramirez. Any take on that? 2/3/5 and they’re away so guaranteed the 9th inning for batting.

• Dirt_Lavert

Also deciding on Vogt/Pina and Kinsler, Ramirez, Villar, Gyorko. My lus are all currently Brewers stacks so Villar would make sense. Guy either goes 0-5 or for 3-5 with 2 or 3 steals. Cards also only allowed 7 steals on the year. Houston has allowed 14 so that makes me like Kiermaier even more.

• firepimp

Ahhhh crap got another internal feeling Trout goes double dong tonight. Lets see if I can make a lineup with him now lol.

• firepimp

@Dirt_Lavert said...

I actually have them in a lu and I am deciding on whether or not I should play them. Will probably be fairly low owned in single entry for DK. Can’t see them above 10% on this slate.

How you feeling about the Indians firepimp? I currently have a Brewers/Indians stack but the indians are somewhat worrisome. My first build just had Lindor, and one just had Brantley. Not a three man stack with them and Ramirez. Any take on that? 2/3/5 and they’re away so guaranteed the 9th inning for batting.

I started Kluber in some of my lineups, but I did not honestly feel any cleveland bats for the evening. It could just be my oversight not feeling them but so many damn bats on this slate to choose from very easy to overlook them as well.

• awilson45

I bet Coors ownership is lower than expected tonight. Seems like a decent amount of people might be fading based off of the posts in this thread. I’m playing exclusively Coors stacks w/ whatever pitching I can afford.

• Dirt_Lavert

This slate is honestly overwhelming. I probably should’ve done a bunch of lower money lus and just had some fun with it. I have 2 single entries and it’s painful settling on anyone though, Liking your indians take though. I saw Brantleys #s vs this guy and IDK if I’m jumping the gun here. Him and Ramirez have been solid vs Quintana, Lindor not so hot.

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/indians-vs-white-sox/2017/04/21/490339?partnerId=LR_preview#game_tab=preview,game_state=preview,game=490339

• Dirt_Lavert

@awilson45 said...

I bet Coors ownership is lower than expected tonight. Seems like a decent amount of people might be fading based off of the posts in this thread. I’m playing exclusively Coors stacks w/ whatever pitching I can afford.

Rain and 2 groundball pitchers. SF bullpen is junk but idk. Feels fishy. Still thinking the ownership #s are pretty stupid. Most people aren’t too sharp and just see Coors and do the plug and play, hasn’t been overly favorable this year.

• firepimp

@Dirt_Lavert said...

This slate is honestly overwhelming. I probably should’ve done a bunch of lower money lus and just had some fun with it. I have 2 single entries and it’s painful settling on anyone though, Liking your indians take though. I saw Brantleys #s vs this guy and IDK if I’m jumping the gun here. Him and Ramirez have been solid vs Quintana, Lindor not so hot.

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/indians-vs-white-sox/2017/04/21/490339?partnerId=LR_preview#game_tab=preview,game_state=preview,game=490339

On large slates like this I only play Head to Head’s and a couple small throws at some single entry GPP and maybe 1 lineup at the 3 or 4 dollar large slates.

Just fade GPP play on nights like this, especially with coors in play. So many bigtime players max entering every contest and so many Noobs going all in on Coors every damn time it pops up. If it hits youre screwed. The odds are against ya. Play head to head stuff on nights like this. You will thank yourself in the morning.

• murphstahoe

@Dirt_Lavert said...

Rain and 2 groundball pitchers. SF bullpen is junk but idk. Feels fishy. Still thinking the ownership #s are pretty stupid. Most people aren’t too sharp and just see Coors and do the plug and play, hasn’t been overly favorable this year.

The Rockies offense has been weak, they are in first place on their pitching frankly, match that with Cueto and I see them doing not much.
    The Giants offense has been worse. This said I have exposure to Buster.

• firepimp

@awilson45 said...

I bet you it’s low because people have already gotten tired of losing every damn time they bet on Coors and it hasnt done shit this season. (the temps havnt been high enough to get that 1000% flyball bonus yet) but then again everyone just got paychecks and seeing Coors on a large slate they’re probably thinking it’s a deadlock once again.

• mbunner23

What’s safer for cash. trout/gyrko or schwarber/kinsler

• hcassidy

@Dirt_Lavert said...

Other than Arenado the play is Parra that has hit Cueto north of 340 with 2 HR. he is my sneaky tonight batting down in the order.

• fanturds

i have some exposure to Chatwood.

little worried about the rain, little worried about him just facing SF, but there is reason to believe he can put up a nice score.

• awilson45

@Dirt_Lavert said...

Maybe I’m off base and it will be chalkier than I expect, but I’m gonna take the gamble on Coors tonight with the expectation that others are going to fade Coors for more optimal conditions (weather, pricing, matchups, etc.). Every year it seems like a few Coors games fly under the radar and end up being really high scoring games.

Realistically I’ll see that all of my batters at +15-20% owned and I’ll die inside haha.

• murphstahoe

Pomeranz/Cueto/Lester/Kluber/Verlander/Meyers

Cubs/Yanks/Brewers/Tigers/Dodgers

Kiermaeir/Harper/Trout/Posey/Hamilton

Let’s roll

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.