8:10 PM EST : St. Louis ( -112 ) at Milwaukee ( 104 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:10 PM EST : Detroit ( -134 ) at Minnesota ( 124 ) —- T: 7.5
    8:10 PM EST : Cleveland ( -157 ) at Chi Sox ( 145 ) —- T: 7.5
    8:40 PM EST : SF Giants ( -121 ) at Colorado ( 112 ) —- T: 10.5
    9:40 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( -132 ) at Arizona ( 122 ) —- T: 9.5
    10:05 PM EST : Seattle ( 118 ) at Oakland ( -128 ) —- T: 7.5
    10:07 PM EST : Toronto ( 127 ) at LA Angels ( -138 ) —- T: 9
    10:10 PM EST : Miami ( -118 ) at San Diego ( 109 ) —- T: 7.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• hcassidy

Parra is the safe play, hasnt done dick in weeks he is due.

• Cdmjlt369

Stayed away from coors. Used 4 teams I liked and cross stacked them switching 3 different pitchers out with them making 9 lineups. Hopefully something hits. Good luck all!

• BigPod

I bet the under on the Rockies game tonight which pretty much guarantees at least 10 runs scored tonight!

• SweeneyPhoto

For DK I actually like Cueto tonight in Coors, it’s cold and shitty and he actually has good numbers there. He’s way underpriced as well.

I also like the Yankees again tonight, I keep stacking them and they keep making me $$ Hopefully that continues.

• Roma315

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #71

RG Tiered Ranking

@Lathum said...

I don’t think you could be more wrong.

The large tournaments are filling because there are plenty of pros and high dollar players left, that isn’t and has never been the concern.

I had an argument in an NBA thread a while back with someone who couldn’t or wouldn’t get the concept that there is only a finite number of players. Once that number dries up so does the industry.

For most people DFS is entertainment dollars. Average guy decides to give it a try, deposits $100 and gives it a whirl. He then bumps uglies with all the sharks, and even experienced players like me ( I hover around the top 10% on RG rankings) and loses his money in a week without ever really having even a good sweat. Most of the time that guy is going to realize the game can’t be beat and he won’t win that 50K that was promised on TV, and he won’t redeposit. Instead he will go to the movies, but the new FIFA game, hookers and blow, etc…

Contrast that with some way for that guy to stretch his bankroll out, cash a few tournaments, and have some good sweats. Even when his money eventually dries up, which it undoubtedly will, he will be a lot more likely to redeposit because there is the perception he can win, and he got some bang for his buck.I realize FD has made a weak effort at beginners tournaments, but the problem is a lot bigger than those can solve.

Tracking the big tournaments is a dreadful way of determining the health of the industry. The smaller tournaments are what are telling, because that is where the fish, the bottom of the foodchain, hang out.

You want an accurate account of health of the industry show me how many people REDEPOSIT after losing their initial deposit, that will be the most telling number. I bet a ton of people sign up and make their first deposit with dreams of riches and rubbing elbows with Tommy G and Kevin Roth at a live finale, but how many of those people come back after getting their head caved in? Thats the key.

Did you not play DFS NFL this year? The amount of players and tournaments was insane. Their large tournaments were where they lost money there. I’m not saying you are wrong but don’t see it dying within the next few years

• Cdmjlt369

@SweeneyPhoto said...

For DK I actually like Cueto tonight in Coors, it’s cold and shitty and he actually has good numbers there. He’s way underpriced as well.

I also like the Yankees again tonight, I keep stacking them and they keep making me $$ Hopefully that continues.

I took cueto and the Yankees in mixed stacks with mil and chc. Hopefully my luck this week doesn’t jinx you.

• fanturds

couldn’t quite pull the trigger on chasing overlay on the 333 dollar contest that only ended up with 94/116.

• KindGuy

My lineup is super contrarian tonight. The bad weather all across the country really messed things up.

• deactivated51600

@Lathum said...

Right. Tons of 18 year old kids are rushing to play DFS. These companies likely cover people 25-40. Most 18 year olds don’t have disposable income, and if they do are using it to chase girls.

OK then. Same point applies if you want to shift up to how many adults go from 24 to 25 each year. I didn’t say all 18 years olds were rushing to play DFS. My point is the player pool isn’t as finite as you make it out to be. Ironic, and sorta funny, you were referring to someone else not being able to get their head around a concept.

You didn’t answer my question so I guess the answer is yes. You were just making up stuff from thin air because it sounded good to support another point you were trying to make. To each their own I guess.

• Dirt_Lavert

Holy hell I love late swap for MLB. Just makes shit so much less anxiety attack worthy.

Trying to figure out Kinsler/Braun or Gyorko/Trout. Got about an hour to decide that. Kinsler has been worse than usual for him. I have 3 Brewers in that stack so I figure Braun makes sense in there. He’s hit 33 dkp this year once and Trout ceiling so far has been 21 dkp (clearly he can go higher than this, just saying for this year). Gyorko ceiling at 28 dkp this year and Kinsler’s is 25 dkp (coincidentally, Trout and Kinsler both hit that season ceiling on opening day lol).

Any advice here? Note Kinsler has been balls on the road but the matchup is there with a flyball pitcher and high ISO for righties (for whatever reason the Indians don’t seem to be hitting great in general), and Braun hasn’t been great at home.

Trout has been very good at home, and Gyorko has been great on the road. Is that enough evidence to make that change? Appreciate the thoughts too gents, definitely helpful.

• murphstahoe

Well, I have done a 2-2 job of picking batters plunked in the first (Schwarber and Difo)

• Cdmjlt369

I think people like me , small fish, that want too do well get frustrated with competing against pros launching 250 lineups plus a night and using algorithms get aggravated over time and many just quit.

• Dirt_Lavert

ahh gawd if Springer goes HAM tonight I’m going to be so buthurt. HR the other night or 10 dkp would’ve made me an extra 110$. Would’ve been my biggest win too.

Also, taco Bellsbury 8 dkp already. Good play and that’s only 1 ab and he’s still on base! Were off to the races already here!

• Dirt_Lavert

ughhh Mookie pointless steal. He’s less owned than I thought but I don’t have any. Danggg

• murphstahoe

@murphstahoe said...

Pomeranz/Cueto/Lester/Kluber/Verlander/Meyers

Cubs/Yanks/Brewers/Tigers/Dodgers

Kiermaeir/Harper/Trout/Posey/Hamilton

Let’s roll

QFTBRYCE

• JENSGT

Harper is insane,

• Dirt_Lavert

FUCKK BRYCE DONG ALREADY ARE YOU FOR SERIOUS

If Bryce breaks the slate again I’m done with this shit, FFS. His numbers were straight up trash vs Harvey. I thought twice but not enough. Thankfully he’s 14% owned but GD. He’s on his way to multidongs and killing me again. On to the late slate I guess

• firepimp

Hahaha harper donggggg against harvey.

• murphstahoe

@Dirt_Lavert said...

FUCKK BRYCE DONG ALREADY ARE YOU FOR SERIOUS

If Bryce breaks the slate again I’m done with this shit, FFS. His numbers were straight up trash vs Harvey. I thought twice but not enough. Thankfully he’s 14% owned but GD. He’s on his way to multidongs and killing me again. On to the late slate I guess

Historical data be damned, Harvey is getting older and Bryce is peaking

• Olhausen

@Cdmjlt369 said...

I think people like me , small fish, that want too do well get frustrated with competing against pros launching 250 lineups plus a night and using algorithms get aggravated over time and many just quit.

150 is the limit and usually it’s less in most contests now. I’m not defending the pros but 250 lineup’s hasn’t happened in almost two years now.

• Dirt_Lavert

And a Dickerson HR. I took Kiermaier in 3 lineups and Souza in one. Gotta be joking. Already near heart attack mode not even half an hour in. No Dickerson.

• fanturds

@murphstahoe said...

Historical data be damned, Harvey is getting older and Bryce is peaking

https://streamable.com/zduj4

looks like the pitch had good movement on it, trouble is it ended up right down the middle.

• murphstahoe

@firepimp said...

Made my main lineups. But we all know I’m a Rays fan/whore. Making a throw all my money away lineup in a 5 dollar game and pairing KK and Dickerson together. Something is screaming in my ear KK has a big night and dickerson keeps delivering almost everyday.

Good start on that one, I pulled in some rays but not Dickerson

• Peader24

Not sure why I went so heavy on sabathia tonight.

• firepimp

Damn I have Dickerson in all my tinkering lineups. But I have none of him in my 25 dollar head to heads but have KK, maybe KK will dial it in also.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).