7:05 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( -121 ) at Baltimore ( 112 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:40 PM EST : Cincinnati ( -107 ) at Milwaukee ( -101 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:05 PM EST : Minnesota ( 122 ) at Texas ( -132 ) —- T: 9.5
    8:10 PM EST : Kansas City ( -106 ) at Chi Sox ( -102 ) —- T: 7.5
    8:40 PM EST : Washington ( -114 ) at Colorado ( 105 ) —- T: 11
    9:40 PM EST : San Diego ( 160 ) at Arizona ( -174 ) —- T: 9
    10:07 PM EST : Toronto ( 114 ) at LA Angels ( -123 ) —- T: 8
    10:15 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( -148 ) at SF Giants ( 136 ) —- T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• murphstahoe

@jtkucheck said...

Curious if anyone has tried this on a terrible pitching slate before…

So we can all agree the pitching has some terrible options, some better ones that may or may not be a “trap”, and some guys at the top that don’t justify their price tag.

There’s no rule that says you have to roster two SPs on DK, just two pitchers. What about taking a high K middle relief type that could generate 3 or 4 Ks (as a Giants homer, I’ll throw out George Kontos at $4,100) and allow you to pair your Coors stack with whatever your 2nd favorite stack is since you’ve got so much more $$ than everyone else. If there is no pitcher with 35+ DK pt upside on the slate (I truly don’t think there is), the extra $ you spend on bats might put you over the top.

Just a thought, feel free to tell me this is stupid.

People were doing this in the playoffs last year, in situations where it was clear the pitcher would be on a short leash.

• jtkucheck

@Semaj89 said...

Would any SF fans like to play a $0 or $1 H2H tonight? I’m a Dodger fan and would like more reason to root against SF lol.

A few special rules – we have to play the SP – we have to play at least two bats from our team.

Couldn’t you just bet the Dodgers run line or a Moneyline/Over parlay?

I mean, I’m a Giants fan, and will likely be doing both of these things.

• Mvallanc21

That’s definitely contrarian

• Barnold89

@firepimp said...

Lmao the conversations and comments today so far. Fucking might as well argue about that DFS in total is a trap. Sounds like a bunch of wine snobs arguing over what year Chablis is the best and worst while the craft beer morons insult each other over what apple mango tango jalapeño beer they want to drink after circle jerk ing each other off.

It’s DFS guys. Some nobody is going to go 60 and some all star is going 0. Talk about it and try and help each other out for fucks sake.

Ouch fire pimp bringing the heat. Btw do you have anything of value to contribute? Now that your rant is over?

Wasn’t going to touch this but you mis categorized craft beer. That garbage isn’t craft beer.

• jtkucheck

@murphstahoe said...

People were doing this in the playoffs last year, in situations where it was clear the pitcher would be on a short leash.

I’m at a 5 man Rockie stack AND Paul Goldschmidt… I don’t think too many others will have that set up.

• achubs

Somewhat new to baseball here. Curious as to how common or wise to roll out a LHB vs LHP in a scenario where you can see pitcher getting scorched early giving your batter an advantage against a RHP heavy bullpen?

• firepimp

@Barnold89 said...

Ouch fire pimp bringing the heat. Btw do you have anything of value to contribute? Now that your rant is over?

Wasn’t going to touch this but you mis categorized craft beer. That garbage isn’t craft beer.

Not yet, it’s the girlfriends birthday and she’s sick(caught my funk I had) so I’ve been running around getting her meds and the last of her gifts. Havn’t done any research yet. The Vargas trap stuff though, the guy is hot and doing well. He’s going against the white sox. The odds are there for him to do well. But every DFS site and even fanduels facebook posts are talking about him. So plan on him being highly owned on chalk. His price point also allows you to fit some Coors bats as well or other higher priced guys. I’d say go with Vargas and rely on your bats to win.

The weather in Baltimore I havn’t researched yet but we all know I’m a Rays whore and the Rays have been hot for value. But wily has pitched well, something tells me Archer goes down tonight with a loss. Baltimore has so much power and if they can connect with archer if his control is off balls will be flying out of the park. Just my inner opinion and feeling. Archer could pitch a gem old reliable so far but something inside me says no, no true reasoning behind it but gut feeling.

• Olhausen

@Ronboogie6 said...

Anybody know anything abut Chacin? Had a really nice game last outing against the D-backs.

Look at his home/road splits for his career. Add that to the fact he pitched in SD vs the d backs last time in one of the best pitchers parks in baseball. And now he’ll be on the road vs one of the best offensive teams in one of the worst pitchers parks in baseball.
    Anything can happen in baseball but the most likely outcome is you’ll be throwing your money down the toilet tonight if you start him.

• yanksfan1

Will Jesse Chavez end up being popular today to fit in elite bats?

• ehylton

@tdubjenkins said...

I need a low price SS for around $2500 who yall suggest????

Jody Mercer on FD

• deactivated51600

@Barnold89 said...

Scooters revenge anyone?

Is that the name of the new Muppet movie??

• deactivated51600

@thebimonster said...

Sounds like you’re fading them. Any insight why, aside from the high ownership percentages?

Because on many nights that it seems obvious they’ll go off (sim to yesterday everybody just assuming Arroyo would get smashed by Cubbies), they won’t go off.

If you have faded them and are on a team or two that does just reasonably well you will skyrocket up the leaderboards.

• hcassidy

@firepimp said...

Lmao the conversations and comments today so far. Fucking might as well argue about that DFS in total is a trap. Sounds like a bunch of wine snobs arguing over what year Chablis is the best and worst while the craft beer morons insult each other over what apple mango tango jalapeño beer they want to drink after circle jerk ing each other off.

It’s DFS guys. Some nobody is going to go 60 and some all star is going 0. Talk about it and try and help each other out for fucks sake.

I think Fire just threw more strikes than any starting pitcher on the slate will tonight. +1 for the laugh, especially for throwing out Chablis which is god awful.

As far as pitchers, we all have to go somewhere and I keep circling back to Brett Anderson. Yes I know Pirates have had the Cubs number over the past few years but I think that is 1 of 2 I will use tonight on DK. Just don’t like any other options. Plus it doesn’t hurt that Kuhl gets crushed by the Cubs so if I get 5 innings out of him should be a W.

• hcassidy

@firepimp said...

Not yet, it’s the girlfriends birthday and she’s sick(caught my funk I had) so I’ve been running around getting her meds and the last of her gifts. Havn’t done any research yet. The Vargas trap stuff though, the guy is hot and doing well. He’s going against the white sox. The odds are there for him to do well. But every DFS site and even fanduels facebook posts are talking about him. So plan on him being highly owned on chalk. His price point also allows you to fit some Coors bats as well or other higher priced guys. I’d say go with Vargas and rely on your bats to win.

The weather in Baltimore I havn’t researched yet but we all know I’m a Rays whore and the Rays have been hot for value. But wily has pitched well, something tells me Archer goes down tonight with a loss. Baltimore has so much power and if they can connect with archer if his control is off balls will be flying out of the park. Just my inner opinion and feeling. Archer could pitch a gem old reliable so far but something inside me says no, no true reasoning behind it but gut feeling.

Looks like Jimenez is going to be on the hill for the Orioles tonight. Kinda like Archer tonight as well, as he is good for at least 7k’s but as you said he could get knocked around.

• bigsmoot2

What kind of ownership we thinking with Harper tonight, I know he’s very expensive at Coors and facing a lefty, I think he might be less owned than normal? Thoughts?

• intolerablelucker

Sorry for a dumb question, but I’m new to baseball DFS and to the game of baseball at all
    Can a confirmed lineup (the order in particular) change after the game has started?

• hcassidy

@intolerablelucker said...

Sorry for a dumb question, but I’m new to baseball DFS and to the game of baseball at all
    Can a confirmed lineup (the order in particular) change after the game has started?

Simple answer is no, once a game has started the only way a lineup can be changed is if the manager Pinch-hits for a player.

• deactivated51600

@Philito12 said...

Rookie question: Do you guys prefer stacks to just guys from different teams. I usually stack and mostly just double up or get my entry fee back. But Friday I had all diff teams and finished 361st outta 51k. Just a fluke or is putting all ur eggs in one teams basket on the lower % of working out. thanks.

Depends on your risk aversion preference. Personally, I want a chance at cashing 50 of 50 line ups so I will put all my eggs in one basket 50 different ways and have had success doing that over the past few years. Spreading things out you will have a more even distribution of your line ups from the bottom to top of the standings and get into the cash more frequently, but cash a fewer % of your line ups at once, in general. Both methods you mention are totally acceptable and could win you first place on any given night. I am just a Quarter Arcade player though so not sure how good my info is, i could be completely out to lunch as far as i know.

• Barnold89

I haven’t seen the weather about Baltimore since this morning but it wasn’t looking good. Otherwise I would be all over some rays.
    Vargas just purely on ownership I’m off of him I’ve gotten burnt by some highly owned pitchers the past couple days cost me some serious money.
    I’m not a Coors guy but today feels to good not to have some exposure
    Also plan on looking into Dbacks further against chacin when I get more time. Is the thread about the changes at chase field still up?

• tdubjenkins

That’s who i got. Thanks

• Barnold89

Scooter gennett? Going back to Milwaukee?

• firepimp

@hcassidy said...

Looks like Jimenez is going to be on the hill for the Orioles tonight. Kinda like Archer tonight as well, as he is good for at least 7k’s but as you said he could get knocked around.

For some reason I thought wiley was on the mound tonight, that’s tomorrow I believe as I was trying to find pitchers to add and drop for tomorrow in my yahoo league my bad. Hoping for a weather update as this game is in orange and since it’s a division game they’ll have no problem calling this game early or canceling. Looks like I’m fading it for now until more weather research.

• murphstahoe

@firepimp said...

Chablis?

WTF. Who the fuck drinks French wine anymore

• firepimp

@murphstahoe said...

Chablis?

WTF. Who the fuck drinks French wine anymore

The people that want to argue “traps” and insult each other on here lol.

• deactivated51600

@jtkucheck said...

Curious if anyone has tried this on a terrible pitching slate before…

So we can all agree the pitching has some terrible options, some better ones that may or may not be a “trap”, and some guys at the top that don’t justify their price tag.

There’s no rule that says you have to roster two SPs on DK, just two pitchers. What about taking a high K middle relief type that could generate 3 or 4 Ks (as a Giants homer, I’ll throw out George Kontos at $4,100) and allow you to pair your Coors stack with whatever your 2nd favorite stack is since you’ve got so much more $$ than everyone else. If there is no pitcher with 35+ DK pt upside on the slate (I truly don’t think there is), the extra $ you spend on bats might put you over the top.

Just a thought, feel free to tell me this is stupid.

Not a good idea on a full slate. Maaayyyybbeeee on a 2 game slate to be extra contrarian. Sounds good in theory but you are seriously stunting your upside by doing this. You are better off just throwing darts at the SP list and picking one randomly.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler