7:05 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( -121 ) at Baltimore ( 112 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:40 PM EST : Cincinnati ( -107 ) at Milwaukee ( -101 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:05 PM EST : Minnesota ( 122 ) at Texas ( -132 ) —- T: 9.5
    8:10 PM EST : Kansas City ( -106 ) at Chi Sox ( -102 ) —- T: 7.5
    8:40 PM EST : Washington ( -114 ) at Colorado ( 105 ) —- T: 11
    9:40 PM EST : San Diego ( 160 ) at Arizona ( -174 ) —- T: 9
    10:07 PM EST : Toronto ( 114 ) at LA Angels ( -123 ) —- T: 8
    10:15 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( -148 ) at SF Giants ( 136 ) —- T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• jhaulotte

@Barnold89 said...

Scooters revenge anyone?

As a life long brewers fan, I can say with confidence that there will be no revenge. 1 for 4 with 3 k’s

• deactivated51600

@Barnold89 said...

Ouch fire pimp bringing the heat. Btw do you have anything of value to contribute? Now that your rant is over?

Wasn’t going to touch this but you mis categorized craft beer. That garbage isn’t craft beer.

Actually IMO firepimp contributes a lot. Especially when it comes to info about his team the Tampa Bay Rays that I otherwise wouldn’t have picked up on.

• firepimp

@bigsmoot2 said...

What kind of ownership we thinking with Harper tonight, I know he’s very expensive at Coors and facing a lefty, I think he might be less owned than normal? Thoughts?

It seems that Harper is going to get the walk treatment tonight in coors in my opinion. I might play him for craps and giggles in a dollar lineup but my big money stuff I’m fading. Try and play some guys that are actually going to get pitches thrown their way.

• hcassidy

@firepimp said...

For some reason I thought wiley was on the mound tonight, that’s tomorrow I believe as I was trying to find pitchers to add and drop for tomorrow in my yahoo league my bad. Hoping for a weather update as this game is in orange and since it’s a division game they’ll have no problem calling this game early or canceling. Looks like I’m fading it for now until more weather research.

If they had maintained the original rotation then I think it would of been Miley tonight. But I recall last week when they were in Cincinnati they flipped Jimenez and Miley’s days for some reason.

• firepimp

Time to pour a cocktail and start some research. See what I can find. I really wanted some contrarian Baltimore hitters tonight and then of course do a Rays stack as well. But this weather there looks like total shit.

Someone mentioned Cincy and they jump out as a plus in my eyes also right off the bat.

I think for tournament play tonight I’m going completely Contrarian making some insane picks. Feel like it’s going to be one of those nights where a 6000 dollar pitcher gets you 40 and some lower knowns go off. Just need to find the trend of the secret slumper facing a favorite park or had a favorite meal of his lol.

• murphstahoe

@firepimp said...

It seems that Harper is going to get the walk treatment tonight in coors in my opinion. I might play him for craps and giggles in a dollar lineup but my big money stuff I’m fading. Try and play some guys that are actually going to get pitches thrown their way.

They are going to walk him in front of Daniel Murphy? The Nats aren’t just Harper – they are loaded, and it’s going to be a damage control game where you just try to get outs.

$6100 is insane, but if he goes 1-4 with one HR it’s worth it probably, especially since the pitching is cheap tonight.

• firepimp

@murphstahoe said...

They are going to walk him in front of Daniel Murphy? The Nats aren’t just Harper – they are loaded, and it’s going to be a damage control game where you just try to get outs.

$6100 is insane, but if he goes 1-4 with one HR it’s worth it probably, especially since the pitching is cheap tonight.

Why not, lefty vs. Lefty. Murphy isn’t doing well vs. The lefties so far this year (last year he did awesome) but this year .200 average and even worse split when it’s a LvsL on the road. But coors is a home game to everyone lol. Murphy doesn’t scare me yet but he might finally be heating up.

Many teams just say Eff it and give harper the walk and try and go for the guys behind him. Especially if no runners on base and possibly an out or two.

Just my opinion, but that huge of a price tag and harper is scaring teams to walk him again non stop. Wasn’t it last year when harper went red hot for a week or two and he was getting 3 to 5 walks a game for a while to screw with him.

• murphstahoe

Wait – I was going to go contrarian and go with Jacob Turner but DK doesn’t have him listed

• Jacobkaiser1325

You guys like Odor or Miller? Gpp

• njsum

@thebimonster said...

People religiously throw out the term “trap” all the time, just to throw shade on someone who is in a great spot (or someone who has been crushing it lately). There seems to be no data to back these claims up, and yes, they MAY be right once in a while, but I just never buy into the “trap” theory for DFS. My theory is, play guys who are hot and in great spots. If I get burned, at least I made the right call. The “fade because he is a trap” theory is never the right call (or very rarely is).

EDIT: You can fade because of the ownership percentage theory, but I would love someone to explain the trap theory to me and why it works. These are two very different philosophies.

Players who are commonly referred to as traps, are generally mediocre players who have been overperforming their skillset. Seems like the chalk pitchers tonight…Vargas and Garrett are being called traps because they have been outperforming their ERA as evidenced by their peripheral stats and are facing two of the top 5 teams in the league versus left handed pitching. So while the good luck could certainly continue and they both have upside…they both could also get you negative points. So people are essentially saying the risk of a bad outing amongst the string of good ones seems to be higher tonight. Yet as I said, they could also both continue doing well.

• hcassidy

@njsum said...

Players who are commonly referred to as traps, are generally mediocre players who have been overperforming their skillset. Seems like the chalk pitchers tonight…Vargas and Garrett are being called traps because they have been outperforming their ERA as evidenced by their peripheral stats and are facing two of the top 5 teams in the league versus left handed pitching. So while the good luck could certainly continue and they both have upside…they both could also get you negative points. So people are essentially saying the risk of a bad outing amongst the string of good ones seems to be higher tonight. Yet as I said, they could also both continue doing well.

This is 100% accurate, and I will throw in 1 more state on MIL. As mentioned they are Top 5 vs LHP, they also strike out at a 30% clip against LHP putting then near the bottom of the League and that’s why many are pumping up Garrett tonight. I am not playing him as MIL is a great hitters park and if MIL figures him out early it makes for a long night.

• murphstahoe

@njsum said...

Garrett is $6700. If he gets 10 points you aren’t sunk, and you’ve opened up 3K compared to the other primary arms.

I can’t fade that.

• bigsmoot2

@firepimp said...

Why not, lefty vs. Lefty. Murphy isn’t doing well vs. The lefties so far this year (last year he did awesome) but this year .200 average and even worse split when it’s a LvsL on the road. But coors is a home game to everyone lol. Murphy doesn’t scare me yet but he might finally be heating up.

Many teams just say Eff it and give harper the walk and try and go for the guys behind him. Especially if no runners on base and possibly an out or two.

Just my opinion, but that huge of a price tag and harper is scaring teams to walk him again non stop. Wasn’t it last year when harper went red hot for a week or two and he was getting 3 to 5 walks a game for a while to screw with him.

I believe Zimmerman has been hitting behind him lately, and has been on fire.

• mstutts2799

Just too many hitting options I like

• njsum

@murphstahoe said...

Garrett is $6700. If he gets 10 points you aren’t sunk, and you’ve opened up 3K compared to the other primary arms.

I can’t fade that.

i’m not saying to play or fade, simply explaining why people were calling Garrett a trap.

• Barnold89

@jhaulotte said...

As a life long brewers fan, I can say with confidence that there will be no revenge. 1 for 4 with 3 k’s

Just another reason to roster him

• murphstahoe

Justin Smoak is $2900? I guess if you are afraid he won’t get the AB’s, but that opens a TON of salary.
    I guess the downside means you have to fade Goldschmidt, Rizzo, and Votto

• Yacht67

@murphstahoe said...

Justin Smoak is $2900? I guess if you are afraid he won’t get the AB’s, but that opens a TON of salary.
    I guess the downside means you have to fade Goldschmidt, Rizzo, and Votto

add Reynolds

• ItzJamesFTW

@njsum said...

i’m not saying to play or fade, simply explaining why people were calling Garrett a trap.

Brewers are playing bad baseball right now and striking out at an outrageous rate. The Brewers could tap Garrett for 3-4-5 runs, but he is going to strikeout 7-8 if he has his good stuff tonight with the upside to K more. The price + K upside almost cancels out the Brewers wOBA numbers.

• murphstahoe

@Yacht67 said...

add Reynolds

True – maybe all the more reason to play him as he’ll be contrarian and I can upgrade 2-3 bats with the extra 2k

• mbunner23

I think i may go with Jesse Chavez. Cheap and allows me to fit in big bats.

• Lathum

Love Scott Schebler tonight. Double dong potential.

• murphstahoe

@Yacht67 said...

add Reynolds

and Ryan Zimmerman. I’m starting to think I need to just fade all pitching, get the two cheapest options and hope I get 160 from my bats

• njsum

@ItzJamesFTW said...

Brewers are playing bad baseball right now and striking out at an outrageous rate. The Brewers could tap Garrett for 3-4-5 runs, but he is going to strikeout 7-8 if he has his good stuff tonight with the upside to K more. The price + K upside almost cancels out the Brewers wOBA numbers.

As I wrote earlier, I could definitely see Garrett doing well, and the brewers strikeout at a 30% clip versus lefties. Brewers have been bad the last couple, yet against righties I believe. They’re a top 3 offense versus lefties this year, so as someone who can see both sides of the argument, and also taking into account the discounted price for some really good K upside, if I make 2 lineups I’ll play him in 1 and fade him in the other. As of now, I dont like the pitching so I may only play one, and am having a hard time deciding what to do with Garrett.

• draped

@ItzJamesFTW said...

edit. nvm misread the scores…im an idiot

they have scored at least 4 runs in 9/11 games so I would say they are hitting pretty well….but yes there is strikeout upside, but definite risk.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler