6:40 PM EST : Atlanta ( -121 ) at Cincinnati ( 112 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:05 PM EST : Chi Sox ( 109 ) at Baltimore ( -118 ) —- T: 10
    7:05 PM EST : Arizona ( 105 ) at Pittsburgh ( -114 ) —- T: 8
    7:10 PM EST : Detroit ( 192 ) at Boston ( -210 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:10 PM EST : Philadelphia ( -114 ) at NY Mets ( 105 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:05 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( -113 ) at Chi Cubs ( 104 ) —- T: —
    8:10 PM EST : Minnesota ( 0 ) at Houston ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:07 PM EST : NY Yankees ( 104 ) at LA Angels ( -113 ) —- T: 8.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• monarch

Dowdy at 4k as SP2 for the Rangers in the early slate?

• icemanyeee

• monarch

@icemanyeee said...

pass

Thanks for breaking that down…lol.

• captainwacky

@monarch said...

Are you sure he’s coming in after the opener? I haven’t seen the rangers use this much, so I dunno about the consistency; otherwise I’m kinda into it.

• iron_tactics

@monarch said...

I’ll do it in DFS Analyst Lingo.

I like it but I dont love it. I mean I see it, I’ll probably have some shares but if youre only playing like 5 or 6 lineups maybe taking a shot on him. I certainly wouldnt talk you off of him but I wont have a ton. Definetely GPP only that allows you to pay up for bats.

Alright im ready for my debut, PUT ME IN COACH!

• Ndepompei

@monarch said...

I might try it. Makes playing Snell with Rockies stack pretty easy

• captainwacky

@iron_tactics said...

I like it but I dont love it. I mean I see it, I’ll probably have some shares but if youre only playing like 5 or 6 lineups maybe taking a shot on him. I certainly wouldnt talk you off of him but I wont have a ton. Definetely GPP only that allows you to pay up for bats.

I don’t hate it.

• monarch

@iron_tactics said...

Haha…if I project him for 5+ innings at his price point I get him as an OK play…

• monarch

@captainwacky said...

Are you sure he’s coming in after the opener? I haven’t seen the rangers use this much, so I dunno about the consistency; otherwise I’m kinda into it.

He is the starter according to beat writer

• captainwacky

@monarch said...

He is the starter according to beat writer

ohhhhh interesting. I had them down as using an opener, but yeah I think I’d go him for sure if he’s starting.

• frugal

@captainwacky said...

ohhhhh interesting. I had them down as using an opener, but yeah I think I’d go him for sure if he’s starting.

I’ve been running lot’s of cheap pitchers this season and it paid off at first but things are starting to normalize, Bailey destroyed my otherwise good lineup last night. I’m a little gun shy and would feel better if he was just an opener as I have more confidence in him getting though 2 or 3 innings with a couple K’s without getting lit up vs 5 or 6 innings.

• Njsum1

@captainwacky said...

He’s worth a shot, yet he’s only likely to go 3 innings or so. And Oakland likes hitting righties, and his minor league track record isn’t fantastic. Yet if your just looking to pair someone with snell and stack big bats, I guess you could do worse.

Neither are locks yet I’ll take some chances on Rodriguez versus Mia, and Buckholz versus the Giants.

• Njsum1

@iron_tactics said...

🍻👍😁

• captainwacky

@frugal said...

I’ve been running lot’s of cheap pitchers this season and it paid off at first but things are starting to normalize, Bailey destroyed my otherwise good lineup last night. I’m a little gun shy and would feel better if he was just an opener as I have more confidence in him getting though 2 or 3 innings with a couple K’s without getting lit up vs 5 or 6 innings.

It’s all slate dependent— when you have one pitcher that is clearly the best yet super expensive, and also a lot of good expensive bats who may not be as chalky given the circumstances, i think it’s worth taking the risk. Add to the fact that he’s 4k and not $6500, and it seems very viable to me. Similarly, cheap pitchers are that for a reason— they contain a lot of volatility. We might have seen an above average run at the beginning, and then in that case paying more attention to them will help you see the short term normalization, but I don’t think you should shy away from them in the right context. Now…. I’m not 100 percent convinced this is it, but I’m definitely warming to it.

• Njsum1

@frugal said...

Bailey was a just a bad play yesterday…imo. He won’t always be. There’s no formula to it. Sometimes you pay for pitching, sometimes you don’t. It is really hard to play 2 expensive pitchers unless there’s some mispricing with the bats. Or you do a marlins stack, which works like twice a year.

• captainwacky

fwiw I think bailey was a fine play yesterday… we got the absolute bottom of it, but you weren’t playing him without the understanding that a blowup existed. Or if you were, then you should now understand lol

• Sleazygreazy

Rays beat writer says 75-80 pitches is top or even high for snell, think it is safe for a full fade at his price on FD early slate?

• monarch

@Njsum1 said...

He’s worth a shot, yet he’s only likely to go 3 innings or so. And Oakland likes hitting righties, and his minor league track record isn’t fantastic. Yet if your just looking to pair someone with snell and stack big bats, I guess you could do worse.

Neither are locks yet I’ll take some chances on Rodriguez versus Mia, and Buckholz versus the Giants.

Why do you have him likely at three innings?

• txdave41

Why can’t fanduel just do a full on early slate? I hate these 3 game slates. No matter who you pick, they will be 20% owned.

• monarch

@Sleazygreazy said...

Rays beat writer says 75-80 pitches is top or even high for snell, think it is safe for a full fade at his price on FD early slate?

I’m not seeing that. Who is the writer?

• Sleazygreazy

@monarch said...

I’m not seeing that. Who is the writer?

Marc topkin – replying to a question on Twitter

• monarch

@Sleazygreazy said...

Marc topkin – replying to a question on Twitter

I saw that…seemed speculative to me. I get that he is not going to get 100 but 80-85 probably gets the job done on this slate

• frugal

@Sleazygreazy said...

What, they’re going to limit his pitch count for his toe? Seems a bit overly cautious.

• monarch

@frugal said...

What, they’re going to limit his pitch count for his toe? Seems a bit overly cautious.

He hasn’t pitched in 11 days. That’s the concern…arm, young ace. They pull pitchers all the time. I’m playing him

• Njsum1

@monarch said...

Why do you have him likely at three innings?

Giving him 60 pitches tops. Until I see otherwise…so maybe 4 or 5 innings is possible. Yet he’s going to have to pitch well. It’s not a great matchup, yet I agree, he’s worth a shot to fit some bats. Got him in 1 of 3 on the early.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.