8:05 PM EST : NY Yankees ( -126 ) at Texas ( 116 ) —- T: 9
    8:10 PM EST : Cleveland ( 106 ) at Minnesota ( -115 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:40 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( -128 ) at Colorado ( 118 ) —- T: 10.5
    9:40 PM EST : St. Louis ( -142 ) at Arizona ( 131 ) —- T: 8.5
    10:05 PM EST : Kansas City ( -122 ) at LA Angels ( 113 ) —- T: 7.5
    10:10 PM EST : Houston ( -127 ) at Seattle ( 117 ) —- T: 7.5
    10:10 PM EST : Miami ( 272 ) at LA Dodgers ( -301 ) —- T: 6.5
    10:15 PM EST : San Diego ( 167 ) at SF Giants ( -182 ) —- T: 7

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• xdan3220

@jaf373 said...

I’m not advocating Cole, but he’s got as good a repertoire as you could ask for in a game at Coors.

He suppresses home runs (2015: 0.48 HR/9, 2014: 0.72 HR/9) induces well above-average soft contact (20.0% in 2015), and doesn’t rely on breaking balls (67.0% fastball %, 8th highest in MLB). I bring up the fastball thing because most (though not all) “Coors science” suggests that breaking balls don’t break nearly as well in altitude.

Just food for thought. I’ll still likely be staying away.

Nice post, 7.2 for Cole on DK is enticing. Cole has never pitched there before which is a little worrisome but in a very small sample size has good numbers against Rockies. The wind should be blowing IN at Coors tonight as well. Great shot at a win v. De La Rosa as well.

• BigBri594

Looks like FanDuel changed a lot of the player names in their file. A lot of the names like Rodriguez and Ramirez now have accents in them causing things to not match up in my spreadsheet. Got everything working now, but if you use Excel, you’re gonna want to give yourself some extra time to fix all this.

• ItzJamesFTW

@Jaredmlevitt said...

Starting a pitcher in Coors is a very bold strategy.

Maeda just proved a good pitcher can overcome the stigma that runs automatically have to be scored in Coors.

Cole for 7.2k is far too cheap to not consider him.

A’s stack isn’t glamorous, but Vogt/Reddick/Coghlan will be a nice core in some lineups.

Cardinals stack will win someone money tonight. Shelby Miller batted ball distance is the most in the MLB and is visibly struggling.

• vuduchyl

Playing Hill tonight. He’s been on fire.

• slayeratcp

Thoughts on FD ownership percentages (GPP) of:
    Price
    Scherzer
    Hendricks

• TheNatural

• TheNatural

@BigBri594 said...

Looks like FanDuel changed a lot of the player names in their file. A lot of the names like Rodriguez and Ramirez now have accents in them causing things to not match up in my spreadsheet. Got everything working now, but if you use Excel, you’re gonna want to give yourself some extra time to fix all this

I hate this so much

• fantasybender

@BigBri594 said...

Looks like FanDuel changed a lot of the player names in their file. A lot of the names like Rodriguez and Ramirez now have accents in them causing things to not match up in my spreadsheet. Got everything working now, but if you use Excel, you’re gonna want to give yourself some extra time to fix all this.

This broke my spreadsheet on DK as well. @trueblue1975 helped me fix this. I used the following macro to replace all the characters so that it’s easy going forward:

Sub Accents()

‘ Accents Macro

‘ Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+r

Cells.Replace What:=“á”, Replacement:=“a”, LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder _
    :=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False, ReplaceFormat:=False
    Cells.Replace What:=“é”, Replacement:=“e”, LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder _
    Cells.Replace What:=“í”, Replacement:=“i”, LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder _
    Cells.Replace What:=“ó”, Replacement:=“o”, LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder _
    Cells.Replace What:=“ú”, Replacement:=“u”, LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder _
    End Sub

• tjchip28

@slayeratcp said...

Price
    Scherzer
    Hendricks

23, 16, 3

• feekdogg

@lastcallcasualty said...

So who are our valued pitchers today? I like Rich Hill, A.J (Peter) Griffin, Hendricks, and Volquez. What does everyone else think?

I’m rolling the dice on Nolasco.

• firepimp

@slayeratcp said...

Price
    Scherzer
    Hendricks

Price is pitching to the Braves. I love him as a pick tonight and I was easily able to fit him and a heavy lineup tonight.

Hendricks has a 17mph wind blowing in to help him out tonight, some weather junkies and his 3 out of 4 good starts may bump him up alot in ownership I know I have him in a lineup as well.

Scherzer isn’t even on my radar tonight since I feel this will be a pitchers duel

• Capone1233

Seems like Hill and Hendricks are in good spots tonight.

• bucherpsu08

@firepimp said...

Price is pitching to the Braves. I love him as a pick tonight and I was easily able to fit him and a heavy lineup tonight.

Hendricks has a 17mph wind blowing in to help him out tonight, some weather junkies and his 3 out of 4 good starts may bump him up alot in ownership I know I have him in a lineup as well.

Scherzer isn’t even on my radar tonight since I feel this will be a pitchers duel

Price’s velocity is down. He’s in a good spot for sure vs the Braves but right now he is priced as an upper tier ace. Until he can prove that he can be consistently effective with a fastball in the 92 range instead of 95-96, I’m not touching him at his high price tag.

• xdan3220

@firepimp said...

Agreed think Hendricks will actually have sneaky high ownership tonight based on having some good outings the wind blowing in and Milwaukee offense. Lucroy, Gennett, Braun and Santana all (in small sample sizes) have struggled against him as well.

• Ryazan

• x3

2015 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• x2

2015 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

So Locke just shut down the Rockies to 0 runs with 8k’s with the wind blowing out 20 mph, and people are afraid to use Cole against them the very next day with the wind blowing in? nice logic

• TimmerRC

I managed a FD lineup with Sale, LAA/CWS batters, V Mart, and a punt.

Tough day to get right, so I’m only running three total LUs for a whopping $6, I don’t like spending too much on these huge slates, but I do feel good feelings for that Sale lineup… I like stacking against Dickey because when his knuckler isn’t working he goes down hard, and the TOR bullpen is pretty bad right now. LAA has been off, but Volquez is another pitcher due for an implosion and Trout is on fire atm.

• scudboner

Frazier/Upton or Coghlan/Reddick on FD?

• B_Heals152

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #7

RG Tiered Ranking

Incredible value today with all the pitching options, but I love an OAK stack. Oak bats have been super cheap all year, and I have been waiting for the right time to play them. Hendricks may be fairly popular among sharp players, but ownership should be spread out today with all the options. I played Hammel the other day when he threw 6 shutout innings against Cincy and he was less than 5% owned in cash that day, which was shocking to me. FanDuel gives 12 points for a win so that should play a huge factor when selecting your one pitcher on the site.

• B_Heals152

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #7

RG Tiered Ranking

@scudboner said...

Frazier/Upton or Coghlan/Reddick on FD?

I would go Coghlan and Reddick. You have correlation by playing them both with a projected run total of about 4.8, which is only behind Pitts today.

• blake024

Please tell me if I am crazy but for pitchers tonight, I am leery of Kershaw and Scherzer. I am sure one of the two will probably end up with decent numbers tonight, but I think MIA has a good chance of lighting up the scoreboard against any pitcher on any given night. I just think that there are other pitchers tonight that will do better, like Sale, Cueto, Kuechel and Hendricks.

• lastcallcasualty

So did fanduel change their scoring because now scores are showing decimal points. Ex. 21.7 points

• xdan3220

@blake024 said...

Please tell me if I am crazy but for pitchers tonight, I am leery of Kershaw and Scherzer. I am sure one of the two will probably end up with decent numbers tonight, but I think MIA has a good chance of lighting up the scoreboard against any pitcher on any given night. I just think that there are other pitchers tonight that will do better, like Sale, Cueto, Kuechel and Hendricks.

I’d disagree that MIA has a good chance of lighting up the scoreboard, they are a mediocre offense against Lefthanded pitching, the argument against Kershaw is that he is just too darn expensive tonight 13,800 is a ton when there are other good options available. Same thing with Scherzer, he is a little more interesting since the Phillies offense is worse than Miami’s but he also has a tougher shot at a win going against VV.

• finn4

@Ryazan said...

So Locke just shut down the Rockies to 0 runs with 8k’s with the wind blowing out 20 mph, and people are afraid to use Cole against them the very next day with the wind blowing in? nice logic

Its called a fluke

• B_Heals152

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #7

RG Tiered Ranking

@lastcallcasualty said...

So did fanduel change their scoring because now scores are showing decimal points. Ex. 21.7 points

Starting tomorrow FanDuel is changing their scoring system to adjust for ties. I believe runs and RBI are weighted with decimals now.

• TheRealJosh5

@B_Heals152 said...

Starting tomorrow FanDuel is changing their scoring system to adjust for ties. I believe runs and RBI are weighted with decimals now.

what he’s saying is if you look at the box scores of players from last nights games it shows the new scoring.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).