8:10 PM EST : Cleveland ( 124 ) at Houston ( -134 ) —- T: 8
    8:10 PM EST : Detroit ( 118 ) at Chi Sox ( -128 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:15 PM EST : LA Angels ( -122 ) at Kansas City ( 113 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:15 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 132 ) at St. Louis ( -143 ) —- T: 8.5
    9:40 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( -100 ) at Arizona ( -108 ) —- T: 9
    10:10 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 158 ) at LA Dodgers ( -172 ) —- T: 7.5
    10:10 PM EST : Texas ( 152 ) at Seattle ( -165 ) —- T: 8.5
    10:15 PM EST : NY Yankees ( -124 ) at SF Giants ( 115 ) —- T: 6.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• jjpk

Sure wish this monster slate was broken up by afternoon and evening. I don’t recall — is it normal for MLB to not schedule afternoon games on Fridays?

Anyway, weather looks like it will be a major factor tonight with this storm system camped over the mid-Atlantic. Not sure I want to mess with pitchers in PHI, WASH and NY.

• RatedDAL

The Cubs when they’re at home are usually the only Friday afternoon game.

• feekdogg

@jjpk said...

Sure wish this monster slate was broken up by afternoon and evening. I don’t recall — is it normal for MLB to not schedule afternoon games on Fridays?

Anyway, weather looks like it will be a major factor tonight with this storm system camped over the mid-Atlantic. Not sure I want to mess with pitchers in PHI, WASH and NY.

With the exception of the Cubs, nobody plays afternoon games on Fridays. Series typically start on Monday/Tuesday and Friday. Starts of series are almost always night games, the day games are normally “getaway days” on the final team of the series to give one (or both) teams a chance to get out of town early.

• RatedDAL

One of the positives of a massive slate is even popular stacks shouldn’t be too highly owned and even if a different stack goes off it doesn’t sink you.

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

@RatedDAL said...

One of the positives of a massive slate is even popular stacks shouldn’t be too highly owned and even if a different stack goes off it doesn’t sink you.

Well the Twins beg to differ today IMO

• RatedDAL

@hautalak said...

Well the Twins beg to differ today IMO

Well with the weather issues the slate might not be as big as it appears.

• feekdogg

If you’re on the Twins, play Austidillo. It’s “La Tortuga” night at Target Field.

• lwilly

Wilkerson still dirt cheap on DK at 2.2k and gets a decent matchup against Perez tonight. Might have to just plug him in for the salary savings and work from there.

• Jeddy3

It possible to run Paxton and Max together comfortably. The question is: should you?

• awilson45

@Jeddy3 said...

It possible to run Paxton and Max together comfortably. The question is: should you?

I was debating it, but there’s a lot of value with the cheaper pitchers.

Tough to say, surely Scherzer and Paxton will be highly owned, but having both could sink you if you don’t hit on cheaper bats.

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

@feekdogg said...

If you’re on the Twins, play Austidillo. It’s “La Tortuga” night at Target Field.

Also love the “narrative” games. This sounds like Polish heritage night for Gortat ;)

• lwilly

How much Vlad Jr. is too much Vlad Jr. tonight?

• EricQ23

Seattle scoring 20 runs tonight?

• gunthie176

can anyone explain this “home run record” stuff to me, i haven’t been able to find any details on mobile whatsoever

• frugal

@gunthie176 said...

home run record

Are you asking about Yellich?

• Ndepompei

@feekdogg said...

Don’t play Astudillo anymore he’s not in lineup

• gunthie176

@frugal said...

Are you asking about Yellich?

haha no the game style, the two large GPPs on DK for tonight say “home run challenge” in the title

• mbunner23

@gunthie176 said...

haha no the game style, the two large GPPs on DK for tonight say “home run challenge” in the title

No clue, I had a 5 day streak. The title on DK said if you have a 5 game streak then you shared $20,000 in prizes. Once you got to 5 game streak you were entered into some kind of home run contest?? Idk it confused the hell out of me…

• killz4thrillz

Hello to anyone who may be reading this. In an effort to make myself a better DFS player, I have decided that I needed a way to hold myself accountable for the decisions I make as it pertains to DFS. I think the best way for me to accomplish this is to put my thoughts out there for people to see and discuss. The hope is that with my thoughts being out there for the world to see, this will incentivize me to work harder in my research. and hopefully become a winning player. I had initially wanted to write up the 6 game turbo slate but it looks like 3 of the 6 games could get postponed so I’ll write up the 4 game late slate for anyone interested.

Welp, here goes:

Cubs at Diamondbacks:

Robbie Ray-Ray has been tough on lefties this year. In 22 plate appearances LHB’s have a .100 ISO and are striking out at a 32% clip. RHB’s hit him a bit better but still not great. .149 ISO and 24% K rate. The cubs will probably have 8 Righties in the lineup tonight so that isn’t ideal. Ray throws a 92 mph fastball over 50 % of the time. His ISO against this year is .026. Unless this pitch has some wacky movement, this doesn’t make much sense to me. To put this in perspective, last year Ray threw this pitch at 93 mph with a .177 ISO against. If any team can hit this pitch hard, it’s the Cubs. I think you can fade Ray tonight. If I build 1 lineup, he won’t be on it.

Cubs Offense- As I mentioned above, Ray throws a 92 mph fastball 50% of the time. The meat of the Cubs lineup crushes this pitch. Bryant 42 BBE against this pitch type= .480 ISO, 34% hard hit rate, and exit velocity of 92 mph. RIzzo 33 BBE= .615 ISO, 45% hard hit rate, 92 mph exit velocity. Baez 25 BBE= .750 ISO, 45% hard hit rate, and 91 mph exit velocity. I know Ray has been solid so far, but man I like this spot for the Cubs. Minimum 3 player stack but I may full stack it. I doubt they will be super chalky.

Kyle Hendricks- Hendricks has a 30% K rate vs lefties this year. SInce he’s a righty, we should see quite a few lefties for Arizona tonight. Also, RHB’s only have a .073 ISO against him this year. In his last game he struck out 11 diamondbacks and only gave up 3 hits. Do I need to say more? Now I doubt we get 11 k’s tonight but there is no doubt he is in a great spot. I love Hendricks tonight.

Arizona Offense-Hendricks is a sinkerballer. These guys can’t hit the sinker. I won’t have any part of this offense.

Pirates at Dodger:

Chris Archer-With the exception of his last game, Archer has looked really good. He K’s LHB’s at a 33% clip. He could face 5 or more lefties tonight, but the downside is that the Dodgers make a ton of contact. Dodger LHB’s only strike out 17% of the time. Not good when you want K’s from your pitcher. Also concerning in that he has a 57% flyball rate against lefties. Dodger lefties have power and make contact. I don’t like this spot for Archer.

Dodger Offense-These guys rake against 92 mph fastballs and they also hit the slider pretty well. I like the LHB’s here as well as a full stack. I get that it’s scary stacking against Archer, but I’ll take my chances tonight. Verdugo is interesting tonight. He will be in my lineup as a low owned dong candidate.

Ryu-Ryu has a 27% K rate this year. He faces a team that strike out a ton. I like this combo. Ryu will probably face 8 righties today. His numbers aren’t as good against RHB’s as they are against LHB’s, but they are still pretty good. He has a 35% flyball and ground ball rate to righties which is solid. In 3 games at home, Ryu has a .77 WHIP and 2.08 ERA. I think Ryu is in a nice spot. Depending on salary constraints, I may wind up playing him tonight.

Pirates Offense-Not much to see here. I like Ryu more than I like this offense. You could make a case for playing Cabrera as a one off, but I wouldn’t get that cute. It’s a hard pass on the Pirates for me today.

Rangers at Mariners:

Kikuchi- Tough on lefties. Righties hit him for more power. 16% K rate (YUCK). No K upside. No reason to play this guy tonight.

Rangers Offense-The only guy worth mentioning is Gallo. He always has HR potential. This game has an 8.5 total. I’d bet the under. No interest in Rangers other than possibly Gallo.

Miller- I’ll keep this short. Don’t play him. No K upside. Gets crushed from both sides. Huge hard hit %. Nope, nope, nope.

Mariners Offense-These guys get to tee off against Miller tonight. Miller throws a 94 mph fastball almost 60% of the time. Vogelback, Santana, and Encarnacion all have ISO’s over .260 against this pitch and all have about a 50% hard hit rate. The Mariners crushed last night and I look for them to crush again tonight. Stack em’ up.

Yankees at Giants:

Paxton-Paxton has looked amazing in his last 2 starts. He has stuck out 24 guys in his last 14 innings pitched. He has a K rate of 33%, which is elite. My only concern, and it is a small one is that the giants
    don’t strike out a lot as a team. He throws a 95 mph fastball 65% of the time. I think he blows away the giants tonight. Great spot for Paxton.

Giants Offense- No thanks.

Bumgarner- Good pitcher with a crappy K rate. His rate spike to 26% against lefties, but he may only see 1 LHB tonight if that. I have no interest tonight.

Yankees Offense- RIght off the bat, no interest in LHB’s for me, if any even make it in the lineup tonight. I like Torres and Sanchez as a mini stack. They both crush the sinker and cutter. They will see a lot of those tonight. This game has a 6.5 total and I tend to agree that it will stay low scoring. A full fade of this game is justifiable.. .

Thanks for reading!

• Jonas137

Mariners pulling the opener gig, and Sheffield called up to be long relief tonight for $4k. left against a heavy lefty squad in a pitchers park. Wonder how the ownership goes on him as the day progresses

• feekdogg

@Ndepompei said...

Don’t play Astudillo anymore he’s not in lineup

What an effing joke. The Twins sold thousands of tickets offering a La Tortuga t-shirt as part of the promotion and they can’t bother to nudge the manager to put him in the lineup.

• TBforPrez

Am I the only one struggling with SS on Fanduel today? I usually like to pay down but it seems like the only acceptable options are high 3K or 4K+.

• RatedDAL

@TBforPrez said...

Am I the only one struggling with SS on Fanduel today? I usually like to pay down but it seems like the only acceptable options are high 3K or 4K+.

I keep landing on Baez and Seager but I’m not all that excited about it. Might sprinkle in some Dansby Swanson.

• TBforPrez

@RatedDAL said...

I keep landing on Baez and Seager but I’m not all that excited about it. Might sprinkle in some Dansby Swanson.

Ugh, I keep landing on Nick Ahmed. That’s tough. I feel like if I have to pay up, I’m going Polanco or Beckham.

• Messiah717

Marlins/Phillies, Rays/Red Sox and Brewers/Mets look like a wash out.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).