8:10 PM EST : Cleveland ( 124 ) at Houston ( -134 ) —- T: 8
    8:10 PM EST : Detroit ( 118 ) at Chi Sox ( -128 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:15 PM EST : LA Angels ( -122 ) at Kansas City ( 113 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:15 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 132 ) at St. Louis ( -143 ) —- T: 8.5
    9:40 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( -100 ) at Arizona ( -108 ) —- T: 9
    10:10 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 158 ) at LA Dodgers ( -172 ) —- T: 7.5
    10:10 PM EST : Texas ( 152 ) at Seattle ( -165 ) —- T: 8.5
    10:15 PM EST : NY Yankees ( -124 ) at SF Giants ( 115 ) —- T: 6.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• NYGfan1983

@RatedDAL said...

I keep landing on Baez and Seager but I’m not all that excited about it. Might sprinkle in some Dansby Swanson.

Swanson i think is playing off the bench tonight

Camargo is in

• madmanjayWV

Not a single clue where to go today on this supposed 15-game slate that probably is going to end up being a dozen or baker’s dozen slate at best.

I did throw JUSTUS SHEFFIElD in on DK for $4K – he could get negative or could in theory get 10-15 ish points..which would work. Definitely allows one some bat options.

I currently paired him with STROMAN, but I figure Vlad Jr will suck and MIKE FIERS will have a rebound and my Stroman pick will suck.

Looks like my dummy FD LU with David Price leading the way is null and void as he’s going Saturday with Sale on Sunday.

Now, the BoSOX are starting Josh Smith, oh boy…..

• frugal

DK my lineup came together pretty quick, as most days. Yahoo…past week pricing has felt tough and I’ve been whiffing on at least 1 pitcher all week. Having a really hard time tonight building a lineup I like.

• TBforPrez

PHI looking more like a delay I think. Anybody in the area? I love Nick Williams for min on FD in cash.

• RatedDAL

@TBforPrez said...

PHI looking more like a delay I think. Anybody in the area? I love Nick Williams for min on FD in cash.

I’m about 90 minutes outside of Philly. Been light raining the entire day. A delay seems likely. I think they can get it in though.

• HeroFnStatus

Noob here in MLB, I had a quick question for you guys though……In NBA I’m always trying to hit 5X min salary for any player, what is the ____X you’re trying to get out of each players salary? Thanks for the help!

• frugal

@DaddyDukes said...

Noob here in MLB, I had a quick question for you guys though……In NBA I’m always trying to hit 5X min salary for any player, what is the ____X you’re trying to get out of each players salary? Thanks for the help!

IMHO, and I’m no MLB expert, but the variance in baseball requires a completely different POV than NBA. Personally, I don’t even try to assign a specific multiplier to batters at all but simply look at O/U, batting order, recent performance, park factors (mainly just home games for TEX and COL) and pitcher reputation. In MLB, it’s pretty common to cash with a 0 from a hitter (not that you want/expect that, but it happens).

• mr_papageorgio

@frugal said...

IMHO, and I’m no MLB expert, but the variance in baseball requires a completely different POV than NBA. Personally, I don’t even try to assign a specific multiplier to batters at all but simply look at O/U, batting order, recent performance, park factors (mainly just home games for TEX and COL) and pitcher reputation. In MLB, it’s pretty common to cash with a 0 from a hitter (not that you want/expect that, but it happens).

Pretty much this. Overall you need somewhere around 130 on average to cash on DK so you want around 2.5x overall.

• hcassidy

@madmanjayWV said...

Not a single clue where to go today on this supposed 15-game slate that probably is going to end up being a dozen or baker’s dozen slate at best.

I did throw JUSTUS SHEFFIElD in on DK for $4K – he could get negative or could in theory get 10-15 ish points..which would work. Definitely allows one some bat options.

I currently paired him with STROMAN, but I figure Vlad Jr will suck and MIKE FIERS will have a rebound and my Stroman pick will suck.

Looks like my dummy FD LU with David Price leading the way is null and void as he’s going Saturday with Sale on Sunday.

Now, the BoSOX are starting Josh Smith, oh boy…..

I looked at Sheffield for all of about 1 minute and decided against him. I followed him since he was in the Indians organization, sure he could get 10-15ish but I’ve seen he may go maybe 3 innings and seems walks have been a huge issue for him this year.

• kcroyalty29

With 8 righties in the lineup tonight – assuming it plays – talk me off of Jerod Eickhoff? Because I like him. (though I also liked Homer Bailey the other night!!!)

• frugal

@kcroyalty29 said...

With 8 righties in the lineup tonight – assuming it plays – talk me off of Jerod Eickhoff? Because I like him. (though I also liked Homer Bailey the other night!!!)

MIA @ PHITORNADO WATCH in effect through 9 PM. The rain and heavy storms will be moving through by opening pitch. I anticipate a start delay with postponement not off the table. Not ready to go full RED just yet because if the weather can improve enough a full game could get in. Expect a gusty westerly wind to blow out to right.

• captainwacky

Man, I have so many miami stacks (this is not a joke). I would hate to normalize my day and have to switch them all!

• txdave41

@EricQ23 said...

Seattle scoring 20 runs tonight?

Surely not since I stacked the heck out of em.

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@captainwacky said...

Man, I have so many miami stacks (this is not a joke). I would hate to normalize my day and have to switch them all!

May as well stack the Marlins. 80% of this slate is completely indifferent. 10% is rain threatened. The other 10% is chalk. I think the Reds are probably my Marlins.

• captainwacky

@Pandamonious said...

May as well stack the Marlins. 80% of this slate is completely indifferent. 10% is rain threatened. The other 10% is chalk. I think the Reds are probably my Marlins.

I have a lot of reds as well. In order, I think my highest stacks are Royals, twins, marlins, angels, reds.

• lookbehindu

@captainwacky said...

I have a lot of reds as well. In order, I think my highest stacks are Royals, twins, marlins, angels, reds.

Well i’m in St. Louis and the weather is beautiful here so you’re good with Reds. I wish I could get a handle on this Philly situation. Faded the other two rain threats, but don’t want to have to adjust my stacks from that Philly game.

• homers1226

i have mikalos in lu ,

but after seeing votto for 3800 batiing 1st

hes going to break out sooner or later

any pitchers around 7400 chalk ?

• awilson45

Ryu, McHugh, Stroman, Robson, Fried… I cant decide for SP2

• hcassidy

Well their went my Josh Smith PPD

• homers1226

@awilson45 said...

Ryu, McHugh, Stroman, Robson, Fried… I cant decide for SP2

i went max fried

• murphstahoe

Rays/Sox MIA

• hcassidy

And Robbie Ray was just X’d out for me as the roof is supposed to be open. 95 degrees. Might have to do a Cubs/D-backs stack

• kcroyalty29

I’m thinking its Paxton/Rodon in DK Cash. Will that be the chalkiest duo or will people do Paxton/Scherzer with Wilkerson in OF?

• hithisisnom

Went Max-Pax and stacked a couple of under the radar teams. It wasn’t nearly as painful as it should have been, which worries me somewhat but I trust my lineup will find a way to fail. I’m thinking my lineup goes off and somehow my pitchers get shelled.

• pn3

went atl stack and skipping putting vlad in with pax and rodon

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).