1:45 PM EST : Toronto ( 168 ) at St. Louis ( -183 ) —- T: 8
    3:10 PM EST : Washington ( -120 ) at Colorado ( 111 ) —- T: 10.5
    3:45 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( -136 ) at SF Giants ( 126 ) —- T: 7.5
    6:10 PM EST : Houston ( 156 ) at Cleveland ( -170 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:10 PM EST : NY Yankees ( 159 ) at Boston ( -173 ) —- T: 7.5
    7:15 PM EST : Toronto ( 148 ) at St. Louis ( -161 ) —- T: 8.5
    9:40 PM EST : San Diego ( 150 ) at Arizona ( -163 ) —- T: 10.5
    10:07 PM EST : Oakland ( 111 ) at LA Angels ( -120 ) —- T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• draped

@Jacobkaiser1325 said...

Do you like Harvey more than Urias?

they are very very close IMO and I think both are good plays. Urias has more strikeout upside, but he never goes late into games. Urias has the much better park too. And whenever a pitcher gets a surprise start, like Harvey is, im a little hesitant about them because pitchers are creatures of habit and not knowing that you were going to pitch can affect them negatively sometimes.

• TimmerRC

Does anyone have any clue about how pitchers do, historically, when thrust into an unexpected start? I wonder, with less prep, if that affects them or not… (roughly translated… am I good to start Harvey, lol?)

• WidumBoise

@walkoff9 said...

Fading Noah whenever he does pitch again. Tired arm in April? No thanks

Yeah, not real optimistic on his outlook for the rest of the season going forward.

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

@draped said...

And whenever a pitcher gets a surprise start, like Harvey is, im a little hesitant about them because pitchers are creatures of habit and not knowing that you were going to pitch can affect them negatively sometimes.

Just ask Dock Ellis about that one. 8 BBs and 6 Ks with a no hitter. Gotta love LSD! It was only a surprise to him as he thought it was still Thursday.

• draped

@TimmerRC said...

Does anyone have any clue about how pitchers do, historically, when thrust into an unexpected start? I wonder, with less prep, if that affects them or not… (roughly translated… am I good to start Harvey, lol?)

I think its one of those things where historical data doesn’t mean all that much. Its kinda like BvP with me, where I know that it exists but its hard to distinguish between whats real and whats variance/randomness/luck.

Some pitcher perform better because they aren’t thinking about pitching and then just go out and do their thing. others do very poorly because they have a very rigid process that can sometimes even involve doing things the night prior.

Personally I am not going to let it affect my decision today, but it certainly is something to think about and it could be a tiebreaker.

• PujolsJunkie

Soooo is Detroit going to post a lineup or what?

• draped

@WidumBoise said...

Yeah, not real optimistic on his outlook for the rest of the season going forward.

honestly as a mets fan im not real worried. the mets have been extremely safe with all of their starters. also im pretty sure they want to do this anyway to setup degrom/noah vs Washington.

• Jaws1002

@TimmerRC said...

Harvey just did it two starts ago fro Degrom. He pitched ok.

• TBforPrez

Ummm…Detroit…starting lineup?

• wideopen23

@TBforPrez said...

Ummm…Detroit…starting lineup?

The game will be delayed so who knows if we will see a lineup before lineups lock. Not sure I love any of their guys enough to keep them active without a lineup and weather issues…

• bleacherbum099

Prefer Urias or Harvey for SP2?

• hcassidy

@PujolsJunkie said...

Soooo is Detroit going to post a lineup or what?

I am wondering the same thing, I have already seen it’s going to start in a delay. But come one Detroit get it together.

• draped

@hcassidy said...

I am wondering the same thing, I have already seen it’s going to start in a delay. But come one Detroit get it together.

ya its strange for them to not post it even with the delay. makes me kinda worried…..

• TBforPrez

@wideopen23 said...

The game will be delayed so who knows if we will see a lineup before lineups lock. Not sure I love any of their guys enough to keep them active without a lineup and weather issues…

Kinsler, Castellanos, and even Collin provide a decent pivot and/or $$ savings

• yisman

pretty weird for the Tigers not to release a lineup

even when there’s an expected delay, teams get it out there a lot earlier than 30 minutes before the original scheduled start

• Jameson12

Chet Lemon is leading off for Detroit

• kyleb728

Cecil Fielder batting cleanup.

• feekdogg

@Jameson12 said...

Chet Lemon is leading off for Detroit

I can see the 84 Topps with the small profile pic in the corner.

• hcassidy

@TBforPrez said...

Kinsler, Castellanos, and even Collin provide a decent pivot and/or $$ savings

Edit: Yahoo sports app was wrong. FantasyLabs just posted confirmed L/U.

• sholden

Was LU?

• wideopen23

and…. it’s up

• wideopen23

@hcassidy said...

If the one floating around on twitter is correct(from Yahoo Sports app), Collins is not in the lineup today. Its in 1-9 order Kinsler, Mahtook, Castellanos, Martinez, Upton, Hicks, McCann, Machado.

Collins starting batting second

• scsa1998

kinsler / collins / castellanos / vmart/ upton / avila / adduci / mccann / iglesias per twitter

• draped

@hcassidy said...

If the one floating around on twitter is correct(from Yahoo Sports app), Collins is not in the lineup today. Its in 1-9 order Kinsler, Mahtook, Castellanos, Martinez, Upton, Hicks, McCann, Machado.

first mistake, trusting yahoo with regards to sports.

• Chip403

@draped said...

I play DK only. and u pretty much have to play cmart. hes just too cheap and now with no noah either, theres no reason not to play cmart + 1. I think even as a contrarian play it doesn’t make all that much sense on DK.

I play DK 95% of the time. I got some money I won pretty heavy over weekend on FD PGA (again another sport I play DK primarily on), and I been hitting big some how on FD PGA, add to it, have gotten lucky while fiddling around with MLB over there, just putting in lineups for the hell of it (having late swap does help though), but yeah..like today, I had literally racked up nearly $50 worth in total of FD points due in part to me cashing in on their bonus offer to super multiply your rewards for playing PGA contests in consecutive weeks (4 for me)..so I’ve been using the FD points and just entering early only slates on there and when 7 pm comes, time for main slate, my full attention turns totally back over to DK, which is what I’m accustomed to. Last night suffered 3 heart breaking losses (3 lineups out of 4 entered, missed cash line by literally 0.15, 0.25, and 0.55 points..was so pissed. But yep, I’ll be back on DK tonight. But here goes for the fun of it, FD early only main slate..as I enjoy this off day from work.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).