7:40 PM EST: Miami ( 146 ) at Milwaukee ( -159 ) — T: 7.5
    7:45 PM EST : Philadelphia ( -104 ) at St Louis ( -104 ) — T: 8.5
    8:05 PM EST : LA Angels ( ) at Texas ( ) — T:
    8:10 PM EST : Detroit ( 201 ) at Chi Sox ( -222 ) — T: 8
    8:10 PM EST : Seattle ( 160 ) at Houston ( -175 ) — T: 9
    9:40 PM EST : San Diego ( -157 ) at Arizona ( 144 ) — T: 9
    9:45 PM EST : Colorado ( 148 ) at San Francisco ( -161 ) — T: 8
    10:10 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 204 ) at LA Dodgers ( -226 ) — T: 7.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

Yankee bats finally go crazy? + S F Bombs Gonzo!

• jv21

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

anyone play the mlb showdown slate on dk? strategies? I am going play some for a week to try to win some FBWC $13 Qualifier Tickets

• PookieMan69

To spend the $6,300 on Trout tonight. Decisions decisions…

• ifthethunder

Spring is sprung! The grass is riz! No MLB cancellation biz!
    ~

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

@jv21 said...

anyone play the mlb showdown slate on dk? strategies? I am going play some for a week to try to win some FBWC $13 Qualifier Tickets

I really don’t, haven’t quite figured it out and don’t feel like taking my lumps trying to figure it out. I prefer FD for single game.

Are you playing cash or mme?

I think for cash you take both pitchers and hope you pick better scrubs than the other guy(s). You can try and get cute by putting in a reliever for salary relief and fading one of the SPs hoping he gets bombed on, or obviously just play only one or zero pitchers. Pretty sure this post is no help…Good Luck! lol

• wmudude24

If you want to win a big GPP in DK MLB SD, you need to get real creative… either take both pitchers and a reliever to differentiate like Sleazy said, or take neither pitcher and hope for a 10-9 game.

Taking a stand on either team (SP+4 bats+1 opp scrub bat) is pretty much guaranteed to get duped multiple times.

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

@jv21 said...

It all depends on the game.

I prefer the “short” slates as pricing is never an issue there and you have a “set” roster.

Who’s the HR call for the day? I think I’m rolling Tatis for my FD promo. Hosmer isn’t quite far behind. Is there anybody else I’m missing or you guys like? I guess this applies to the DK contest too after I whiffed last night besides Freeman.

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

@hautalak said...

It all depends on the game.

I prefer the “short” slates as pricing is never an issue there and you have a “set” roster.

Who’s the HR call for the day? I think I’m rolling Tatis for my FD promo. Hosmer isn’t quite far behind. Is there anybody else I’m missing or you guys like? I guess this applies to the DK contest too after I whiffed last night besides Freeman.

Not sure what the FD promo is but if you can pick anyone to hit a homerun I’d probably start with Judge or JDM

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

@Sleazygreazy said...

I’d probably start with Judge or JDM

It’s basically an “insurance” promo. You bet $25 on anybody to get a HR and you get $5 FD credit for each HR in the game (up to 5 to cover entry). Only applies to your first bet.

Yanks have pissed me off too much for Judge lol I know you can’t be like that but damn.

• ifthethunder

@hautalak said...

Just now checking that promo out. (I missed yesterday of course.)

It seems to win the contest you want to spend up on sluggers. But in order to cash, I usually come out better spending on the pitching.
    ~

Tatis-Mania again. S D Bombs Kelly!! Yankee bats get going vs Zimm. ⚾️

• jv21

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

Thanks for the input everyone. I am just playing the penny contests for showdown (10c, 25c), so small field gpp contests. I didn’t consider relief pitchers (shows how much I know about mlb). Looking at the 3 of the showdown contest yesterday, every winning lineup had 2 pitchers. Since mlb games can be low scoring and taking a 0 is not the worse, it looks like I have a chance. I’ll play showdown for the next few days and post my results when I am done.

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

Any Yankee fans here? I keep playing DJ and he keeps sucking. Is the guy hurt or just off to a slow start? He’s really mastered the rally killing GIDP

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@Sleazygreazy said...

Any Yankee fans here? I keep playing DJ and he keeps sucking. Is the guy hurt or just off to a slow start? He’s really mastered the rally killing GIDP

Not a Yanks fan, BUT…..He definitely is slumping some. Sat on Sunday I think. His barrel , GB, HC% and all that junk so far this year are in line with his numbers from last year, when he did hit well.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

@Sleazygreazy said...

Not an Yankee fan, but I think the way to approach them at this moment is to play a full stack and make sure not to use them as one offs or as secondary stack… a lot to dig on today…. need roof news from TEX and ARI and the lineup position of some key value bats

Secondary stacks I like… DBacks LHs and SFG LHs

Yanks! Gotta keep goin D J.

• JIB7

@Unico10 said...

Not an Yankee fan, but I think the way to approach them at this moment is to play a full stack and make sure not to use them as one offs or as secondary stack… a lot to dig on today…. need roof news from TEX and ARI and the lineup position of some key value bats

Secondary stacks I like… DBacks LHs and SFG LHs

Chase roof is open. TEX is always harder to find. Rain earlier in the day there and looks like maybe the potential for a pop up storm so I’m going to guess closed.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

Value alert
    Kiermaier leading off at 2200 (Meadows cleanup at 3600 not bad also)

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

Best pitcher matchup in MLB this year has to be the Rockies on the road and nobody else seems to be even close

Looking at cheaper SP2 for a couple of lineups and Sanchez seems safer than Quintana

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

@Unico10 said...

but I think the way to approach them at this moment is to play a full stack and make sure not to use them as one offs or as secondary stack

Curious of your reasoning/thought process on that?

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

@Sleazygreazy said...

Curious of your reasoning/thought process on that?

They look like a team in a funk…. the way I see it they could have a big day at any time and today they are in a hitter ballpark vs a beatable pitcher in nearly perfect conditions…. however teams in a funk sometimes stay in a funk longer than one could imagine, that’s why I played Harvey in one lineup yesterday and it almost worked out for a gpp W if not for Buster Posey HR

So I wouldn’t want them to pollute all my lineups
    I am playing 5 tonight so I will have a Yankees 5-x than, maybe, but probably not, one with a Yankees secondary and the other 3 most certainly Yankees free

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

Too much value 🙂

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

@Unico10 said...

They look like a team in a funk…. the way I see it they could have a big day at any time and today they are in a hitter ballpark vs a beatable pitcher in nearly perfect conditions…. however teams in a funk sometimes stay in a funk longer than one could imagine, that’s why I played Harvey in one lineup yesterday and it almost worked out for a gpp W if not for Buster Posey HR

So I wouldn’t want them to pollute all my lineups
    I am playing 5 tonight so I will have a Yankees 5-x than, maybe, but probably not, one with a Yankees secondary and the other 3 most certainly Yankees free

Yeah I’m thinking they’re in a funk as well and was thinking that would be more conducive for a one-off as to not pollute an entire lineup and just hope that you pick the right one. I mean someone on the yanks is probably gonna double dong tonight

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

@Sleazygreazy said...

Yeah I’m thinking they’re in a funk as well and was thinking that would be more conducive for a one-off as to not pollute an entire lineup and just hope that you pick the right one. I mean someone on the yanks is probably gonna double dong tonight

It’s also a valid strategy… depends on how much one spends at pitcher, how many lineups one plays and how expensive the stacks are…

There are so many cheap one-offs in good spots both as matchups and as place in lineup that I will probably not go there.

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

As a Tigers guy, seeing Castellanos as a 6.1K player is some wild stuff.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).