7:05 PM EST : Detroit ( 120 ) at Baltimore ( -130 ) —- T: 9
    7:05 PM EST : St. Louis ( -119 ) at Pittsburgh ( 110 ) —- T: 8
    7:10 PM EST : Colorado ( -114 ) at Miami ( 105 ) —- T: 8
    7:10 PM EST : Oakland ( 185 ) at Houston ( -202 ) —- T: 9
    8:15 PM EST : Chi White Sox ( 0 ) at Kansas City ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:40 PM EST : NY Mets ( 120 ) at San Diego ( -130 ) —- T: 8
    9:07 PM EST : NY Yankees ( -107 ) at LA Angels ( -101 ) —- T: 8
    10:05 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( -124 ) at SF Giants ( 115 ) —- T: 7

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• tamparoor

So I need some help I can’t even min cash no matter what I do

Last night I had

Snell- did amazing
    Severino-did good
    Gregorius-did amazing
    Longoria-homerun
    Canha-homerun

Rest of my players scored between 0-9 points

So having 5 out of 10 players do good is not enough to even min cash. What do you need 7 out of 10 players to kill it just to min cash?

• foxymongrel

maybe play different contests. throwing one lineup in the biggest gpp every night is tough to expect a lot out of. guys like degrom kluber and votto all put up 30+ at high ownership. I have that problem all the time and I get blinded by the prize pool

• foxymongrel

@tamparoor said...

Last night I had

Snell- did amazing
    Severino-did good
    Gregorius-did amazing
    Longoria-homerun
    Canha-homerun

So having 5 out of 10 players do good is not enough to even min cash. What do you need 7 out of 10 players to kill it just to min cash?

maybe play different contests. throwing one lineup in the biggest gpp every night is tough to expect a lot out of. guys like degrom kluber and votto all put up 30+ at high ownership. I have that problem all the time and I get blinded by the prize pool

• joemorris100

I had four players with less than 10 points last night and cashed
    Candelario 3
    Mancini. 0
    Winker. 9.5
    Sanchez. 6.2

• squidkill

@tamparoor said...

Last night I had

Snell- did amazing
    Severino-did good
    Gregorius-did amazing
    Longoria-homerun
    Canha-homerun

What contests do you play? What site? contest sizes? price point? need a little help

• tamparoor

I play dk mostly just 3 entry max contest usually under 10$. And I always come 3-5 points under cash line. I get both pitchers right every night and half my hitters just is never enough

• Semaj89

Bad night in DFS, good night in betting at least. Right after Castillo gave up that HR to Lo Mo I turned the game off and looked to see what open bets I had. CIN straight up was staring right at me and I laughed. Didnt think I’d hit that one lol. Also had the STL/PIT under 8.5 which was spoiled by Holland but oh well. Hit on SD/NYM under 7 and Texan straight up.

I’d rather have success in DFS though lol.

These slates look fun. What do you guys think?

• bucherpsu08

@tamparoor said...

I play dk mostly just 3 entry max contest usually under 10$. And I always come 3-5 points under cash line. I get both pitchers right every night and half my hitters just is never enough

Start stacking and never look back, especially if you are running multiple lineups. It’s the best way to finish high in GPPs. My reds stack finished at 190.15 on DK last night.

• tamparoor

Well I only run a single lineup daily but I’ll still try it I’m not cashing now so it can’t hurt

• Semaj89

Reds could be in for another big day today. Votto, Duvall, Suarez, Gennet all look promising. Odorizzi getting hit hard from both sides of the play this year, has over a 200 ISO allowed to righties and lefties.

• Semaj89

Heres an article on Oak, the projected KC starter for today.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/mlb/kansas-city-royals/article193239819.html

Ground ball guy who is projected to be a mid to back end of the roation arm. Throws a change up and slider as well

Abreu, Moncada, Davidson, Anderson, Castillo, Thompson and Engel all have over a 200 ISO against the sinker. Could be a long day for the new guy

• jayzee666

So many hitters for me to shutdown today and pitchers for me to blow up today. Where do I start? I can’t be stopped! I will definitely have a lineup stack with players against the pitchers I pick today.

• Semaj89

Rizzo as the 7th most expensive 1B doesnt seem right. 229 babip this year, gotta start the turn around at some point right?

• rickkain29

@tamparoor said...

Well I only run a single lineup daily but I’ll still try it I’m not cashing now so it can’t hurt

Play single entry contests.

• rickkain29

So on occasion I run the line-up HQ on here. Someone else please go lock in Buehler and Stratton as their pitchers and run it and tell me what you see…I am seeing a projected total of over 180 points. Doesn’t seem right to me.

• rickkain29

@rickkain29 said...

So on occasion I run the line-up HQ on here. Someone else please go lock in Buehler and Stratton as their pitchers and run it and tell me what you see…I am seeing a projected total of over 180 points. Doesn’t seem right to me.

DraftKings early slate

• bucherpsu08

@rickkain29 said...

Stratton’s projection is screwed up. They have him projected at 32 pts lol.

• bucherpsu08

Actually it looks like they have something wrong with Buehler and Fulmer as well.

• rickkain29

@bucherpsu08 said...

Stratton’s projection is screwed up. They have him projected at 32 pts lol.

Yeah…I have never seen a projected total over 120 that’s when I knew something wasn’t right. And pretty much the entire Sox & Royals lineup are all projected over 10 points each

• cheezpizza

@Semaj89 said...

Rizzo as the 7th most expensive 1B doesnt seem right. 229 babip this year, gotta start the turn around at some point right?

I think he does soon, but the wind is blowing in pretty stiff and Guerra has been really good to start the season.
    I think Votto, while being chalk, is the top 1B on the early slate.

• KindGuy

Guys, just keep it simple. Stack against the Twins and don’t look back. That team is the epitome of garbage. Aside from Berrios, their pitching is AAA level.

• cheezpizza

@elementasrat said...

Guys, just keep it simple. Stack against the Twins and don’t look back. That team is the epitome of garbage. Aside from Berrios, their pitching is AAA level.

• srcripps

• x5

Blogger of the Month

@cheezpizza said...

I think he does soon, but the wind is blowing in pretty stiff and Guerra has been really good to start the season.
    I think Votto, while being chalk, is the top 1B on the early slate.

Totally agree with you on Votto, he’s starting to turn it around. I can see that CIN-MINN game being pretty high scoring so maybe stack that game and pick any of the other pitchers (Buehler, Quintana, Guerra) and call it a day (early slate only of course)

• BUFUu2

@rickkain29 said...

early slate pitching is very hard for me today i think in my 27 dollar lineup i am running price/quintana and in the ten dollar ill run buehler/guerra and go heavy in batting in that one what could go wrong lol

• cheezpizza

@srcripps said...

Totally agree with you on Votto, he’s starting to turn it around. I can see that CIN-MINN game being pretty high scoring so maybe stack that game and pick any of the other pitchers (Buehler, Quintana, Guerra) and call it a day (early slate only of course)

Exactly. I picked up Odorizzi after his first start but quickly dropped him after his 3rd start because I could see the regression coming soon.
    He has brutal reverse splits, but Votto is on a tear right now.
    A Cincy/Arizona stack seems fail-proof.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).