1:15 PM EST : Philadelphia ( -117 ) at St Louis ( 108 ) — T: 7
    2:10 PM EST : Seattle ( ) at Houston ( ) — T:
    5:10 PM EST : Detroit ( 143 ) at Chi Sox ( -155 ) — T: 8.5
    7:20 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( ) at Atlanta ( ) — T:
    7:40 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( -153 ) at Milwaukee ( 141 ) — T: 7.5
    8:05 PM EST : Boston ( -127 ) at Texas ( 118 ) — T: 8.5
    8:10 PM EST : Detroit ( 143 ) at Chi Sox ( -155 ) — T: 8.5
    9:40 PM EST : Colorado ( 135 ) at Arizona ( -147 ) —T: 9

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• ifthethunder

I got no hitting yesterday except for Trea Turner. And the Det – CWS postponement cost me a Carlos Rodón start in 2 of 3. Chagrin.

So for today, here’s Roth on the same game: “ I think they play it, but there’s some risk here.”

P.S. I see DK excluded it from the main slate. It’s a 4-gamer. With a Bauer – Lauer duel! I think I know whom I’m taking in that one.
    ~

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

@ifthethunder said...

I got no hitting yesterday except for Trea Turner. And the Det – CWS postponement cost me a Carlos Rodón start in 2 of 3. Chagrin.

So for today, here’s Roth on the same game: “ I think they play it, but there’s some risk here.”

P.S. I see DK excluded it from the main slate. It’s a 4-gamer. With a Bauer – Lauer duel! I think I know whom I’m taking in that one.
    ~

Late slate seems too straightforward, but sometimes it is and is best to keep it simple…. SP2 and one-offs/secondary stacks will determine the night

• Colin408

Very interested in McClanahan’s start against the A’s today. Can rack up the K’s and the A’s obviously don’t have experience against him. Great cheap option and around 25% ownership on a 4 game slate, not terrible.

• biga0787

I guess here is where the Yankees explode

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@Unico10 said...

Late slate seems too straightforward, but sometimes it is and is best to keep it simple…. SP2 and one-offs/secondary stacks will determine the night

Yeah. Bauer – Dodgers/Braves/Cubs seems safe. Kind of surprised Cubs only have a 4.5 implied total. Seems like it should be higher?

Gibson, Perez, Weaver, Senzatela really seem like they could go either way. Then Boston is the only team to really have an OK bullpen, really kind of amplifying the uncertainty there. My inclination is Gibson is the best option.

• ecallarman

nasty looking evening slate as far as games go.

• Pandamonious

Stacking against Senzatela usually seems to not go well. He just doesn’t walk too many guys, and the ground balls are high enough, he usually just doesn’t give up a ton of damage, then he doesn’t really really strike out anyone either, so there’s no upside, unless he does like his last start against Zona where he just cruises through 8 innings with no damage.

Texas always delivers K upside, but Perez is just so, not good.

• Pandamonious

I don’t know…I know I’m kind of talking to myself here. Might be underrating Alzolay. Maybe the K upside he’s flashed is worth it.

Senzatela has also been worse this year than I thought, but geez looking at just this season Diamondbacks aren’t hitting RHP at all.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

@Pandamonious said...

Yeah. Bauer – Dodgers/Braves/Cubs seems safe. Kind of surprised Cubs only have a 4.5 implied total. Seems like it should be higher?

Gibson, Perez, Weaver, Senzatela really seem like they could go either way. Then Boston is the only team to really have an OK bullpen, really kind of amplifying the uncertainty there. My inclination is Gibson is the best option.

I will probably go with Bauer in 5/5 and than Weaver in 3-4 with maybe Gibson in 1-2 or even Wilson hoping for 4 clean innings… looking at the SP2 not getting blown out more than anything

• MSUspartan25000

SP2 on DK is a wasteland. Gibson has been pretty good this year but historically (if I remover correctly) he gives up a ton of HRs. Cub bats have seemed to come alive in the last week or so making the Atl pitcher situation not very appealing. May just have to roll with weaver and hope the Rockies on the road continue relative futility.

• ifthethunder

@Pandamonious said...

I don’t know…I know I’m kind of talking to myself here.

Sorry, once PGA starts my brain tends to turn to mush.
    ~

• Pandamonious

@ifthethunder said...

Sorry, once PGA starts my brain tends to turn to mush.
    ~

It’s OK. Mine is all the time. I get it.

• yisman

I heard people were complaining that DK allowed people to edit CHW/DET players out so this must be the first season they’re doing it (they wanted their “edge” over all the people who didn’t get the edit in for the 5 friggin’ minute window).

I’m fairly certain it’s the first time I’ve ever edited players out after the game was scheduled to begin.

• zovyn

@yisman said...

I heard people were complaining that DK allowed people to edit CHW/DET players out so this must be the first season they’re doing it (they wanted their “edge” over all the people who didn’t get the edit in for the 5 friggin’ minute window).

I’m fairly certain it’s the first time I’ve ever edited players out after the game was scheduled to begin.

FD has taken games that were PPD in advance in NHL and MLB slates (due to weather or Covid or otherwise) and moved their start time to the end of the slate so people can edit up until the last game-time start. Not every time, but I’ve seen them do it enough times over the last year to note, anyway. DK must be starting to follow suit?

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

Dbacks and Dodgers let me down tonight…. great slate tomorrow
    Why is Heaney 6800 on dk pitching in SEA?
    Do they know something we don’t?
    Is it a trap?
    🙃

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).