MLB FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

1:05 PM EST : St. Louis ( -110 ) at Pittsburgh ( 102 ) —- T: 6.5
    4:05 PM EST : Toronto ( -111 ) at Tampa Bay ( 103 ) —- T: 7
    8:37 PM EST : NY Mets ( -115 ) at Kansas City ( 106 ) —- T: 7

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• crazypaul

BASEBALL IS BACK!!!

On a side note, I really like Francisco Liriano at home for this slate.

• bucherpsu08

Tinkering around on DK and realized they changed their hitter limit from 6 per team to 5 this year.

• kmart35

What is the most comprehensive stats site online? Last year I had spreadsheet with all kinds of equations that would help me find hidden value but I’ll hold off on that for the first month or so. The main thing I want to see for now is career (or last season):
    absolute value(wOBA vs L – wOBA vs R)

• crazypaul

Fangraphs by far.

• kmart35

@crazypaul said...

Fangraphs by far.

Can you query the data?

• Brian_msbc

@kmart35 said...

Can you query the data?

web queries don’t work on fangraphs. Unless you are way more savvy than I am.

• cjs5555

i really like Archer for Sunday contests, but I’m thinking Harvey might be the smarter play on FD based on W odds. I’m a little concerned Mets might err toward caution on Harvey and limit his outing, and think Archer has more K upside based on opponent. Any opinions?

• tmcduffie

Anyone else think Draftkings pricing is way too low and sometimes a bit strange? Fanduel looks about right IMO

• tmarohl

Why did fanduel change their scoring system?

• ScoLuns

• Blogger of the Month

Opening day and the first couple weeks will essentially be throwing $h1t against the wall and seeing what sticks.

I’ll be going light on LU’s until a few weeks in

• stevietpfl

Morning Grind co-host, Lead NASCAR Analyst

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #57

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2015 FanDuel MLB Playboy Mansion Finalist

• 2015 FAWBC Finalist

@tmcduffie said...

Anyone else think Draftkings pricing is way too low and sometimes a bit strange? Fanduel looks about right IMO

I think it’s the other way around.

• tmcduffie

On DK I can pair any pitcher with volquez and have the top priced position player at every spot. I mean volquez is really cheap so it kinda makes sense. If do top two pitchers I can almost have anyone I want. I haven’t played fanduel for baseball so I’m not accustomed to it. It could be worse than DK

• tmcduffie

Could be the result of a tiny slate though

• tmcogdill

Any reason why FD basically tripled their entire scoring system? And no negative scoring for outs recorded for batters?

• TeamTwerk

@tmcduffie said...

On DK I can pair any pitcher with volquez and have the top priced position player at every spot. I mean volquez is really cheap so it kinda makes sense. If do top two pitchers I can almost have anyone I want. I haven’t played fanduel for baseball so I’m not accustomed to it. It could be worse than DK

Yeah I kept ending up with quite a bit of extra $ . I think this is one of those slates that if you try to spend all your $ you’re going to end up with about the same lineup as 1000 other guys.

• glennantz

Just wondering if there will be any research tools available for MLB on Sunday april 03

• Olhausen

@bucherpsu08 said...

Tinkering around on DK and realized they changed their hitter limit from 6 per team to 5 this year.

They announced those changes a month ago. Fan duel changed their scoring format also. And thank god baseball is starting tomorrow. It is easily the best Dfs sport ever imo.

• Olhausen

@tmcduffie said...

The pricing was very low to start last season as well. It’s like this at the beginning of every season of every sport. It helps keep the fish around but it is also the time to find the diamond in the rough befor the masses figure out a player is good and before their prices rise.

• MikeSos760

Oh. Nothing like spending a good hour back on fangraphs and other sites looking up last years stats along with this years spring training stats. Baseball is back!

• Scott121422

Knows the College Sportz

• Blogger of the Month

FYI it’s going to be very cold in Pittsburgh, it’s snowing right now! Doubt the game is postponed because of TV, but it’s suppose to be back in the 50s on Monday.

• MikeSos760

@Scott121422 said...

FYI it’s going to be very cold in Pittsburgh, it’s snowing right now! Doubt the game is postponed because of TV, but it’s suppose to be back in the 50s on Monday.

Looks like it isn’t going to rain during the day, but says somewhere in the 40s or 50s hmm. Westward winds 15 to 25 mph. Don’t know the direction the ballpark is setup, but that could cause issues.

And so it begins!

• chiwork

@Scott121422 said...

Good point but these are also not big slugging teams, weather is overstated here outside of a PPD concern.

• chiwork

@tmcogdill said...

Any reason why FD basically tripled their entire scoring system? And no negative scoring for outs recorded for batters?

Low scores are not appealing to casual players. When it takes 54 outs to complete a game, there’s no fun in a sweat to most people with their old system

• tmarohl

@chiwork said...

Low scores are not appealing to casual players. When it takes 54 outs to complete a game, there’s no fun in a sweat to most people with their old system

No negative points makes it easier to just stack guys that have the potential to hit home runs without regard to striking out.

• qatman

They tripled the scores to make everything integer values now that hitter negative values are gone.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler