MLB FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

1:05 PM EST : St. Louis ( -110 ) at Pittsburgh ( 102 ) —- T: 6.5
    4:05 PM EST : Toronto ( -111 ) at Tampa Bay ( 103 ) —- T: 7
    8:37 PM EST : NY Mets ( -115 ) at Kansas City ( 106 ) —- T: 7

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• MikeSos760

So Archer pitched 6 games against Toronto last year. 2 Games with 0 ER, 2 with 1 ER, 1 with 2 ER, and one with 9 ER. Hmmm.
    Last two times they played was one of the 1 ER and the 9 ER. He didn’t win either of those games, and only striked out three Blue Jay each time. Very small sample size and the Blue Jays were flying into the playoffs. He had an eh spring training.

So much to consider.

• KevKev198622

@tmarohl said...

No negative points makes it easier to just stack guys that have the potential to hit home runs without regard to striking out.

Just like DK. Im personally glad its gone.

No more seeing the dreaded -1.25

• MickFucci

@tmcogdill said...

Any reason why FD basically tripled their entire scoring system? And no negative scoring for outs recorded for batters?

Probably to take out the decimals…I didn’t even notice until you posted. I’m going miss my 45.33 scores lol. I’m okay with no negative for outs. It did make it crazy if you were ahead by .25 with one guy left. As for strategy I’m a Pirates fan and Liriano hasn’t looked great. But can throw a gem at anytime. You’ll know by the first inning if he’s gonna pitch well. He’s either got control of his fastball which makes his slider very hard to hit or he will walk a few guys and have to grind it out.

• MickFucci

It was outs not just strikeouts thst were minus .25. I never put much weight into with HR hitters. if a HR guy hits a solo shot with three outs it was still five points.

• MickFucci

As for weather there’s o snow on the field and it’s cold but sunny. Pirates on twitter just posted a picture but Idk how to share it here.

• Brian_msbc

I def think Matt Harvey is the top pitcher tonight but would’ve loved to have seen a good outing after the blood clot before starting him vs the royals. Anyone know if he is 100%?

• yanks237

@Brian_msbc said...

I def think Matt Harvey is the top pitcher tonight but would’ve loved to have seen a good outing after the blood clot before starting him vs the royals. Anyone know if he is 100%?

Number one rule of DFS, don’t target pitchers against Kansas City.

• precator

Does anyone know of a Twitter account that has confirmed MLB lineups?

• Brian_msbc

@yanks237 said...

Number one rule of DFS, don’t target pitchers against Kansas City.

3 game slate… I think it’s more of a guide than a rule.

• TommyWantWingy33

I was a fish (maybe still am lol) last season anyone know how fishy the first month of baseball is expected to be?

• AWoo

@precator said...

RG will have a twitter one and the RG lineups page will be solid as well during the weekdays at least.

• Wrightime

@Brian_msbc said...

Dont think harvey goes more than 5 tonight . And i def think you can pick your spots to target kc hitters .. Tuesday with thor going is one of them . He has looked untouchable

• Tanner131

Harvey is definitley not the #1 pitcher on today’s slate….. I agree never target pitchers against KC:

• einars

mlb starting lineup page all jacked up in case anyone was wondering. showing the TB game and a cubs game that isnt happening

• jimmyrad

@precator said...

I use RG, twitter, and a few other sources but really I mostly just rely on RG’s page. They do a great job with it.

Einars- Weird glitch on the FD page as the DK section is fine

• fantasyfan21

Thoughts on Larinao??

• deejones49

FD lineup page is messed up RG knocking it out of the park on opening day.

Fixed now thanks

• jprem24

Dailybaseballdata.com is a good source to use to check weather/wind direction of how a ballpark is setup

• jimmysmithjr113

maybe I’m just lost because the site has been changed so much since last baseball season but where is the batter vs pitch type tool ? i know theres the basic one in batter hub but there was a more advanced one that broke down every player on every team for that day and how he faired against every pitch in the SP he was facing arsenal

• SouthernShield

Does anyone have a link to the RG MLB beat writer twitter feed

• jonsousa46

I’m comfortable leaving a lot of salary on the table today on FD. I’m rolling with Archer, so I don’t really like any Blue Jays bats, and a lot of the higher priced guys are in theoretical bad spots. I have the salary for Cutch, but that weather is a little scary so I’m not forcing it. Is anyone else in the same boat?

• thedkexperience

After reading these comments I think I’m going Ricky Bobby style today. If I’m not first, I’ll probably be last! Let’s go Stroman!

• Storm

Need help deciding between Conforto, Piscotty and Pham on Yahoo

• qatman

Stroman and Liriano for me with TOR and NYM bats. I think Volquez is the weakest of today’s pitchers and TOR is TOR, can always go off no matter the opponent.

• tarheelsrule44

My first year playing MLB. Besides RG, what other sources do you guys read for information?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler