MLB FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

1:05 PM EST : St. Louis ( -110 ) at Pittsburgh ( 102 ) —- T: 6.5
    4:05 PM EST : Toronto ( -111 ) at Tampa Bay ( 103 ) —- T: 7
    8:37 PM EST : NY Mets ( -115 ) at Kansas City ( 106 ) —- T: 7

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• einars

@qatman said...

Stroman and Liriano for me with TOR and NYM bats. I think Volquez is the weakest of today’s pitchers and TOR is TOR, can always go off no matter the opponent.

archer has pretty much owned the jays (except EE) and its in TB

• 08Gary08

Which means EVERYONE will have the same lineups almost.
    The winner today will have like $5000+ left in cap space on DK. Watch

• MichaelHendricks16

Anyone know where to find todays umpires?

• FantasyAces

After much debate we have made the following scoring adjustment to a batter Strike Out for the 2016 MLB season… SO = 0.00 (Previous -0.50)
    Good luck today on FA Grinders!

• fildo22

Anyone know why Donaldson is listed as not in the starting lineup on DK? Assuming it’s just an error.

• DatDerFranny

I like not penalizing all outs, but Ive always felt in seasonal and daily fantasy that Strikeouts and GIDPs should be negative points. Strikeouts can definitely be researched so it brings an extra element of skill to the game, and GIDPs should be penalized mostly because they piss me off, haha. Sites should also add sacrifices to scoring as well.

• qatman

@einars said...

archer has pretty much owned the jays (except EE) and its in TB

So they should be low owned! Seriously though, given that I’m playing Stroman and Liriano; STL/PIT is in sub-40 degree weather; and I don’t really want to load up against Harvey, I would rather take a chance on the Jays today.

I am pretty sure that Donaldson is playing today, so hopefully the indication otherwise on DK will dissuade people and he will dong.

Thank Cthulu baseball is back. I would rather lose at baseball than win at hockey.

• dopeismarcus

https://twitter.com/Bros2BrosAdvice/status/716662292910354432

Bros2Bros DFS Advice ‏@Bros2BrosAdvice 1m1 minute ago
    Josh Donaldson is batting 2nd today according to the BlueJays so don't freak out over DraftKings ⚠️ status.

• bostonfever

I’m not sure if anyone else has posted this but i HATE the new MLB Lineup/Projection page. I use to use to for R/L splits and BvP for specific teams. Now it shows commutative points, and no batting averages? Hopefully they fix this.

• nta87

This is my first time ever playing MLB dfs. I’m a huge fan of NFL and NBA dfs and play them daily when in season. Is this going to be as easy to pick up as those sports? Or possibly a little more difficult

• Olhausen

So are all the MLB lineup’s messed up? Because rottowire is not showing Josh Donaldson in the Jays lineup either.

• MichaelHendricks16

@bostonfever said...

I’m not sure if anyone else has posted this but i HATE the new MLB Lineup/Projection page. I use to use to for R/L splits and BvP for specific teams. Now it shows commutative points, and no batting averages? Hopefully they fix this.

agreed. plus it’s pop-up window is all stupid. you have to scroll down then over..

• dopeismarcus

@nta87 said...

This is my first time ever playing MLB dfs. I’m a huge fan of NFL and NBA dfs and play them daily when in season. Is this going to be as easy to pick up as those sports? Or possibly a little more difficult

more difficult. star mlb players have more bad games than star nba players. nba players are more consistent.

• Bellyball

First time playing MLB. I have done pretty decent in NBA but pretty nervous about adjusting to MLB. I’m going to play very small today.

Is there a general consensus on how long it takes to get up to speed?

Also how long to keep my plays really small?

I’m using RG, Numberfire, Fantasy labs, Baseball reference and Fangraphs. Are there any other statistics sites I need to use?

• cjs5555

@Bellyball said...

First time playing MLB. I have done pretty decent in NBA but pretty nervous about adjusting to MLB. I’m going to play very small today.

In my experience, first half of season is way easier than second half. I also personally believe that while smaller money games are harder to win (more variability with more lineups playing them), they are generally easier to cash with a higher percentage of “smart money” playing higher stakes games. I have found success in supplementing my tourney plays with 50/50 games. Good luck to you!

• TommyWantWingy33

Randomly checking out LU’S for percentages on FD. Clicked on a guy who picked Garrett cole as his SP. Lol hope there are more of these out there.

• MikeSos760

@Bellyball said...

I’m using RG, Numberfire, Fantasy labs, Baseball reference and Fangraphs. Are there any other statistics sites I need to use?

This isn’t an answer to your questions but be mentally prepared for losing streaks. You can do all the research in the world and still have a multi day losing research. Baseball has high variance day to day but over time, if you have a good strategy, you should get a positive roi..

When I first started mlb, I went on tilt and lost everything because of bad bankroll management and not being prepared for the ups and downs of the mlb season .

I think keep it small for at least ten days and see how you like the ups and down. It’s beautiful when the ace you pick gets blown up and your two top hitters in very favorable positions go 0 for 4.

• themikestrick

Quite a bit of overlay in the Moonshot on DK. Only 45,872 entries out of the supposed 57.4K.

• TommyWantWingy33

Ready for liriano to get destroyed and his owners to freak =)

• TommyWantWingy33

Or he will throw a gem and wreck my opening day lol probably more likely.

• TeamTwerk

I think we’re going to see a lot of teams construct their batting order like the Pirates are doing this season. Speedsters at bottom of batting order to allow for aggressive base running without hurting power hitters and maximize power hitters at bats

• tommykarate

@qatman said...

They tripled the scores to make everything integer values now that hitter negative values are gone.

interesting – but pricing remains the same so now hitting value is obviously much higher.

• ScoLuns

• Blogger of the Month

@DatDerFranny said...

I like not penalizing all outs, but Ive always felt in seasonal and daily fantasy that Strikeouts and GIDPs should be negative points. Strikeouts can definitely be researched so it brings an extra element of skill to the game, and GIDPs should be penalized mostly because they piss me off, haha. Sites should also add sacrifices to scoring as well.

Agree.

It levels the field against big hitters that hit a lot of home runs because most also strikeout more than contact hitters. Think of it like a turnover in basketball or fumble in football. It would make people weigh the HR vs strikeout of each player

• w3junky

Did Fanduel change their scoring from last year? Things seem much higher this year. Single is now 3 pts, etc b

• qatman

@tommykarate said...

interesting – but pricing remains the same so now hitting value is obviously much higher.

Correct that hitters are now worth relatively more than pitchers. I am not playing on FD right now as the main reason I played there was -0.25 for outs which is now gone. That makes strategy much more interesting because guys lower in the order come into play much more. Oh well, plenty of sites in the sea.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler