3:05 PM EST : Toronto ( 119 ) at Baltimore ( -129 ) —- T: 8.5
    4:10 PM EST : Kansas City ( 101 ) at Minnesota ( -109 ) —- T: 8
    4:10 PM EST : San Diego ( 328 ) at LA Dodgers ( -367 ) —- T: 6
    4:10 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 106 ) at Cincinnati ( -115 ) —- T: 8.5
    4:10 PM EST : Detroit ( -119 ) at Chi Sox ( 110 ) —- T: 7.5
    7:05 PM EST : Cleveland ( -101 ) at Texas ( -107 ) —- T: 8
    8:10 PM EST : Seattle ( 136 ) at Houston ( -148 ) —- T: 8
    10:05 PM EST : LA Angels ( -110 ) at Oakland ( 102 ) —- T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• AtomicCity42

@jon2anderson said...

Have a rotogrinders blog where I’ll be posting some insights, but I’m waiting for it to be published.. so for now I’ll link to my other blog:

http://www.knuckleslurve.com/opening-day-hitter-targets/

There should be stuff on there all season long and I’m begging for other writers to help me out with it if anybody is interested.

To the RG mods I’m sorry for the external link and will be linking to my RG blog from here on out, I just wanted to get it out there since it might not be published by your team for a little while.

Good stuff

• 2021Labs

@SnowBird said...

possibly dumb question here, but can anyone explain to me what the check mark and number next to guys name in the lineup builder on FD is?

Thanks!

the number is where theyre hitting in the batting order, the check mark means its been confirmed. if it just has a number with no check mark, it means thats where theyre expected to hit.

• NYGfan1983

@SnowBird said...

possibly dumb question here, but can anyone explain to me what the check mark and number next to guys name in the lineup builder on FD is?

Thanks!

taken a guess check means confirmed in and number is batting order ?

• Jaws1002

@SnowBird said...

Thanks!

I do not play fan duel , but I believe the check mark is that they are playing and the number is where they are hitting.

• HungryHungryHip

Think most people in the PHI/CIN game will stack CIN but I like the other side with Kendrick/Saunders/Joseph/etc.

• jessedio

Just because i’m muli entering and everyone is going to be stacking the Mets I’m going to roll out a few Kershaw/Julio lines in low dollar gpps. Every once in a while he can put together a good game, and the mets can go cold.

• SnowBird

Thanks guys!

• 2021Labs

@HungryHungryHip said...

Think most people in the PHI/CIN game will stack CIN but I like the other side with Kendrick/Saunders/Joseph/etc.

pretty much any lefty with power is a solid play. its a pretty short porch in right field out here at GABP

• Supersharpie

@scott1489 said...

Harper always goes yard on opening day. He’s a must start guys. Kersh harp. Also, braves always smash Thor

Lol at your last line. Thor has faced the Braves a grand total of three times and dominated them in one of those starts. My guess is that you started him against ATL last September and are still salty about it.

• finsup613

lineup order and if its been confirmed

• finsup613

the braves ARE one of those pesky teams

• Jpitten

Is Justin turner a must?

• 2021Labs

@Jpitten said...

Is Justin turner a must?

no hitter is ever a must in DFS. thats one major lesson ive learned.
    hes not in my lineup, but hes a decent play.

• Bentbake

No love for Julio Teheran?

• dyavid

I like Sean Smith batting lead off for the orioles as a value play.

• Ryazan

• x3

2015 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• x2

2015 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

word of advice from someone who had a great MLB DFS year in 2015, and a horrible one in 2016 – hitting is absolutely not predictable.

When you turn your brain off and stop thinking about stats and matchups, that’s when you win (assuming multi entry)

even yesterday was a sneak peak of what I just said – stacking against the lowest priced pitcher (Martinez) failed, and stacking against the best one (Bum) worked.

• 2021Labs

@Bentbake said...

not a lot of upside with facing 5 hitters from the left side of the plate

• thedkexperience

I’m remembering why I only play 705 games most days. It’s impossible to get any work done while the lineups are coming out.

• 2021Labs

@Ryazan said...

word of advice from someone who had a great MLB DFS year in 2015, and a horrible one in 2016 – hitting is absolutely not predictable.

When you turn your brain off and stop thinking about stats and matchups, that’s when you win (assuming multi entry)

i think its more predictable than youre admitting. game to game variance obviously is high, but large sample size numbers dont lie.

• querb

@NYGfan1983 said...

really like LAD also

hold up, you like a team that is -380 to win the game?

• Whynot138

@thedkexperience said...

I’m remembering why I only play 705 games most days. It’s impossible to get any work done while the lineups are coming out.

so very true. wish work would just let me be until 1pm

• KindGuy

WHY did DK have to leave off the late games for the main slate? Ugh.

• KindGuy

@querb said...

hold up, you like a team that is -380 to win the game?

Bold

• scott1489

@finsup613 said...

any1 hav ideas on how 2 fit kershaw and harper in FD Cash?

Insert phillies. They’re going to be sneaky today. Especially Herrera and Joseph

• scott1489

@Bentbake said...

Shhh ;) mets like to k

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.