3:05 PM EST : Toronto ( 119 ) at Baltimore ( -129 ) —- T: 8.5
    4:10 PM EST : Kansas City ( 101 ) at Minnesota ( -109 ) —- T: 8
    4:10 PM EST : San Diego ( 328 ) at LA Dodgers ( -367 ) —- T: 6
    4:10 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 106 ) at Cincinnati ( -115 ) —- T: 8.5
    4:10 PM EST : Detroit ( -119 ) at Chi Sox ( 110 ) —- T: 7.5
    7:05 PM EST : Cleveland ( -101 ) at Texas ( -107 ) —- T: 8
    8:10 PM EST : Seattle ( 136 ) at Houston ( -148 ) —- T: 8
    10:05 PM EST : LA Angels ( -110 ) at Oakland ( 102 ) —- T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• NYGfan1983

@querb said...

hold up, you like a team that is -380 to win the game?

just cuz they are -380 means vegas has them heavy favorites .

i dont know if its sarcasm or not.. nothing is for sure.

did you see AZ beat the Giants last night ?

• Skipper2016

Hello DFS gurus,
    I won a $4 in a DK MLB $2 Double-Up yesterday with about 150 points, and I am wondering (masochistically) where that would have placed me in the big GPP tournaments. Does anyone know a way to find the DK results for tournaments that I did not enter? I tried DFSGold but their MLB recap still says October 19, 2016, so it seems they haven’t started posting 2017 results yet. Thanks for any help!

• monarch

@scott1489 said...

Insert phillies. They’re going to be sneaky today. Especially Herrera and Joseph

Joseph will be chalky at 2100 for those stuffing in Kershaw and Nats.

• finsup613

i think id stay away from philly. i liked saunders b4 as a power lefty but since saw there will be 20mph winds blowing IN from left field, reducing hr chances significantly

• MPDR1983

@Skipper2016 said...

Hello DFS gurus,
    I won a $4 in a DK MLB $2 Double-Up yesterday with about 150 points, and I am wondering (masochistically) where that would have placed me in the big GPP tournaments. Does anyone know a way to find the DK results for tournaments that I did not enter? I tried DFSGold but their MLB recap still says October 19, 2016, so it seems they haven’t started posting 2017 results yet. Thanks for any help!

25 bucks

• Ryazan

• x3

2015 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• x2

2015 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

time and time again, RH heavy teams do well against LH pitchers, even the aces – even in a 6-4 loss lets say, the 4 runs are usually through HR’s, i don’t even need stats to tell me this, i remember last year Tigers crushed Kuechel all at 1%-5% owned, and I started to take notice of things like this…..how’d bumgarner do yesterday? more importantly, how did the Diamondbacks bats do? (not too bad for going against an ace).

Don’t rule out some SD Righties doing things to Kershaw tonight.

• NYGfan1983

only thing i dont like Joseph is batting 6… kind of deep . but i do like that philly stack

• Jaws1002

Braves/Mets is tough. It could go either way.

• finsup613

andrew toles will be best value today. expected to bat leadoff 4 dodgers and 2k on fd 2.9 on DK

• IrishCarBomb9

MLB DFS noob here, what is a typical score to aim for to cash in tournaments on DK? I know it varies depending on slate but just to get an idea. (ex: 300+ for NBA) Thanks!

• KindGuy

@Skipper2016 said...

Hello DFS gurus,

$25 on a $4 investment

$250 on a $33 investment

$3000 on a $333 investment

$10,000 on a $1,500 investment.

• moped_jones

@yountingly said...

Royals

I really wanted to play more Royals, but with the wind blowing in as much as it is I backed off. I think I only have Hosmer in one of my lineup. I did pick Duffy in 1 FD lineup. This is my 2nd season of DFS baseball, but last year I did little to no research at all and it showed. Hoping this year will be different (learned how to dig deeper while doing NBA this year, hopefully it carries over into my baseball research, lol)

(nice to see an NBA face in here. I was beginning to feel like it was my first day at a new school)

• DirkDigglerz

There’s so much overlay on Yahoo nice 30 minutes to go

• KindGuy

@DirkDigglerz said...

There’s so much overlay on Yahoo nice 30 minutes to go

90 minutes actually lol. Don’t get too excited.

• KindGuy

I’m very excited. 2016 was a learning year for me in all sports. It was the first year I really took DFS seriously. Learned a lot in baseball, soccer, football and basketball.

I think I’m ready to abandon NBA and commit to MLB for now. I was “tanking” if you will. Now I’m ready to win some MLB Championships!!!!

• BUFUu2

@HungryHungryHip said...

Think most people in the PHI/CIN game will stack CIN but I like the other side with Kendrick/Saunders/Joseph/etc.

i really like saunders today as well, bats left and could have a very good day

• winnerchickendinner

@finsup613 said...

andrew toles will be best value today. expected to bat leadoff 4 dodgers and 2k on fd 2.9 on DK

Ditto

• Bentbake

@scott1489 said...

Shhh ;) mets like to k

I love it. I’ll get him low owned just like Carlos Martinez. But but but you can’t start a pitcher against the Cubs lol

• moped_jones

@IrishCarBomb9 said...

MLB DFS noob here, what is a typical score to aim for to cash in tournaments on DK? I know it varies depending on slate but just to get an idea. (ex: 300+ for NBA) Thanks!

I also would like to know this since I am curious. But I mainly just play GPP’s since baseball is such a crapshoot.

Last year I played a cash game and got a 202 lineup. Would have won thousands if I had played a GPP that day. Instead I placed first (by a wide margin) on a $2 double up (which is the main reason I rarely play cash games anymore). So sad.

• thedkexperience

@IrishCarBomb9 said...

My personal goal each day is 120 points, but, as you said, it varies wildly depending on the day’s slate.

Usually I look for 40 from my SP, and 10 each from every batter. I also generally do better with a stacking approach where I’m really trying to get 40 from a 4 man stack even if it’s 3-28-0-9.

Anyway, 120 is usually a pretty safe number to get you some cash each day.

• moped_jones

@thedkexperience said...

My personal goal each day is 120 points, but, as you said, it varies wildly depending on the day’s slate.

Usually I look for 40 from my SP, and 10 each from every batter. I also generally do better with a stacking approach where I’m really trying to get 40 from a 4 man stack even if it’s 3-28-0-9.

Anyway, 120 is usually a pretty safe number to get you some cash each day.

Thank you for answering. Now what do you typically need to hit the money line on GPP’s? Just curious about how much of a difference there tends to be.

Thank you in advance.

*EDIT: I assume you’re referring to FD since you said 1 SP, am I correct to assume this?

• Skipper2016

@elementasrat said...

$25 on a $4 investment

$250 on a $33 investment

$3000 on a $333 investment

$10,000 on a $1,500 investment.

Ouch. Thanks. :-)

• scott1489

@Bentbake said...

I love it. I’ll get him low owned just like Carlos Martinez. But but but you can’t start a pitcher against the Cubs lol

Hahah heard that.

• thedkexperience

@moped_jones said...

Thank you for answering. Now what do you typically need to hit the money line on GPP’s? Just curious about how much of a difference there tends to be.

Thank you in advance.

Money line in a GPP will usually be 100 to 140 depending on the chalkiness of the best SP. If Kershaw gets 40 it’ll be around 120. If he gets blown up or throws a no hitter it will be much lower or higher.

Just understand that looking for 120 should safely keep you playing into tomorrow but that 120 projected LU could be 80 or 160 on any given day. 200 will win most GPPs.

• Orty1370

April and May weather is so damn finicky…I think I will not risk the PHI/CIN or DET/CWS games. Yes the Reds batters are in play but there are other options.

BTW no more weather rants from me…banned for a year…learned my lesson…enjoy the games.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.