7:10 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( -115 ) at Detroit ( 106 ) —- T: 9
    7:10 PM EST : Philadelphia ( -135 ) at Miami ( 125 ) —- T: 7.5
    7:10 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -108 ) at Cincinnati ( -100 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:10 PM EST : Kansas City ( 205 ) at Boston ( -224 ) —- T: 9
    8:10 PM EST : NY Yankees ( 136 ) at Houston ( -147 ) —- T: 9
    8:10 PM EST : Toronto ( 111 ) at Minnesota ( -120 ) —- T: 9
    9:40 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( 101 ) at Arizona ( -109 ) —- T: 8.5
    10:15 PM EST : San Diego ( 138 ) at SF Giants ( -150 ) —- T: 7.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• tonedefrob

@eatmyturf23 said...

This is what I referred to. The wind impact is anecdotal and not based on any measurements.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/ct-spt-cubs-windy-wrigley-field-sullivan-20180428-story.html

I would expect the scoreboards not change much, the direction and push behind the ball should carry right up toward the scoreboard, a few feet from which the impact might die off. Think about other wind tunnel studies you may have seen. There would be high pressure in the push any edge as the wind sheers off at the screen-face. In specific spots, you might see increased pressure to carry the ball sideways (or down), but again this would be within a few feet of the screen I expect. I’m surmising here, obviously.

• dandub9

@7klub06 said...

Yankee bats or Astros bats?

Both

No MILW? Bomb Finnegan!

• Semaj89

My boy Seager out for the year.

Blessing in disguise, now we can trade for Machado with no qualms.

• hcassidy

Its a DiDi and Braun night!

• jhpog

$2, 20 max entry, good top prize of $5k, and 2x min cash? Thats perfect. Well done dk. I’d prefer a bit of a redoing of top 10 so it was like 3500 to first and more to 2-10th, but thats fine

• TheDataDetective

• Blogger of the Month

Updated with final starting lineups: https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/mlb-data-detective-best-hitter-stack-values-apr-30-2511759

• eatmyturf23

@keephustlincuz said...

• eatmyturf23

@tonedefrob said...

Let’s take this to Wrigley and test it out! :D

• eatmyturf23

FD UTIL spot…
    CJ Cron or Nick Castellanos?

I’m going Cron, but curious if anyone disagrees :)

edit:
    Cron vs Zimmermann who sucks ass, and so does his pen. But Cron prefers the other side of the platoon.
    Castellanos vs Faria who allows huge HC% and low GB% vs RHBs, and also with a below avg pen, yet Nick is lower in the order.

• keephustlincuz

@eatmyturf23 said...

FD UTIL spot…

I have cron in a until spot. Cast is a good play as well.

Edit… I feel like tb1 puts up runs tonight and nobody will be there. Love the cron span mini stack.

• awilson45

$2 2x min cash isn’t gonna fill which is a head scratcher. Needs to be promoted more

• biga0787

It is way too easy to get arrieta/Morton and a Rockies stack

• hcassidy

@eatmyturf23 said...

FD UTIL spot…

Cron, think I have him locked in as well, just my hiccup he is batting 2nd

• eatmyturf23

Great, I’m with the herd then. Maybe I should switch to NC. :P (nah, I’m sticking with Cron)

• Joeyrockland1

Good luck all

• Kuchhhh86

I guess targeting against the Dodgers is still a good idea. Still don’t know what is happening to them.

• marker0357

gonna be a long night for Lester if he can’t find the damn plate

• eatmyturf23

Unsurprising to see Baez and Bryant 35-40% owned in an FD Small Bunt gpp.

Ryan Braun 46% lol.

I am surprised to see $2.0k Matt Adams at only 8%, he’s a min-priced punt with power (Taillon is a groundballer but still).

Also, CJ Cron 6% (yay).

• eatmyturf23

Ha, Cain just stole second on left-handed pitcher Finnegan. That’s pretty bad, he has full view of Cain as a lefty.

This was a tie-breaker for me to remove Cain, oh well. (!@#$)

• KindGuy

Okay, I know I said this before but after today, I am DONE with Yelich. Dude is the most overrated player in the league. Ugh!!!!!

• roach62

Rodriguez…not good start so far my man…lol

This FN Rodriguez folds already. Bases Load vs anemic KC team. Annoyed.

• feezyg

lefty lefty matchup, you cant exactly expect the world…

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).