4:10 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 143 ) at Cincinnati ( -155 ) —- T: 8
    4:10 PM EST : Washington ( -180 ) at Atlanta ( 165 ) —- T: 6.5
    4:10 PM EST : Boston ( -105 ) at Cleveland ( -103 ) —- T: 6.5
    7:05 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( -180 ) at San Diego ( 165 ) —- T: 5.5
    7:10 PM EST : Toronto ( 104 ) at Tampa Bay ( -113 ) —- T: 7.5
    9:40 PM EST : Colorado ( 192 ) at Arizona ( -210 ) —- T: 7.5
    10:05 PM EST : Chi Sox ( -113 ) at Oakland ( 104 ) —- T: 6.5
    10:05 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( -137 ) at LA Angels ( 126 ) —- T: 6.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• MikeSos760

For pitchers you Can search their name and then look at their advanced stats and see their fip and k/9 and all that jazz from last year.

I like that you can select a whole team and change it to look at each player on that teams advanced stats. You can do a whole lot of stuff with it.

I suggest just playing around with it and clicking different tabs up top. It isn’t hard once you get used to it.

• Powellbr

to me, fangraphs just has so much info. What info do you actually use there?

• ajhahn

I’m looking at $1.80 :)

I’ve never played MLB dfs before, so I only tossed an entry into a $1 50/50.

I’ve been reading up on it for the last week or two, and I’m going to try to play some more this season.

• MikeSos760

@Powellbr said...

Will respond in a bit to this. Need to take dog for a walk

• TheWeeIceMan

Screw you, Greinke.

• Mrm2010

@MikeSos760 said...

Use fangraphs to do your own research

Thank you sir, will check it out.

• dakimbell

CARGO! What can BVP do for you? Predict homers of course!!!! Love it!

• mannmicj

@dakimbell said...

Don’t tell the “experts.”

Many “experts” don’t believe in it, even though MLB players have actually said there is something to a batter having a pitcher’s number and vice versa.

• polarns

Playing contrarian batters and pitchers in 2-game slates has to be the easiest money in DFS

• fanturds

wow, the contests tomorrow…….is this normal? RIP

• tarheelsrule44

It’s real early but my Diamondback stack is not looking good at all. What’s up with Greinke??

• Olhausen

@fanturds said...

wow, the contests tomorrow…….is this normal? RIP

Can you say this in English so we know what you are talking about?

• PDFOUR

@dakimbell said...

Rotoball the best BvP tool or do you use another source?

• TommyWantWingy33

@TheWeeIceMan said...

Screw you, Greinke.

This….200 million dollar contract D backs better hope he just needs to get into form. Should went Sale or Arrietta in the late. Gulp is it NBA season yet? Oh wait….. sucking at that too.

• tmat

Punk ass Greinke!!!

• smutpeddlers

Unless you play some serious high dollar or high volume I think too much research is counter intuitive. Platoon Splits/ Players/ what are hitters parks/pitcher parks (in general ) and know who is hitting well and who is not. Spending hours reading just conviludes the situation and reading the experts suggestions before making lineups take you off people who you were going to play, but that’s just me as a recreational player…… I think watching baseball and tons of it just like any sport helps a better read on things.

• polarns

How to make money playing DK MLB DFS:

1) Find 2-game slates
    2) Start the 2 pitchers projected to lose
    3) Stack batters from the team projected to lose.
    4) 43% of the time, they will outperform the 89% owned pitchers and batters at 15% ownership.
    5) Enjoy your 500% ROI.

• mabrla

It seems like removing the negative points for outs has raised the amount of ties on FD.

There’s less variance between scores and lineups now as a player with a single and two outs gets the same score as the player with a single and 5 outs.

I’m tied with so many people right now, and we all don’t have the same exact lineup. I miss decimals and wider ranges of scores.

• wildfirexxii

Anybody got a link to the Fanduel $25 Grand Slam?

• jsw3ent

@mabrla said...

It seems like removing the negative points for outs has raised the amount of ties on FD.

There’s less variance between scores and lineups now as a player with a single and two outs gets the same score as the player with a single and 5 outs.

I’m tied with so many people right now, and we all don’t have the same exact lineup. I miss decimals and wider ranges of scores.

^^^^THIS^^^^====new scoring sucks===it’s the everyone gets a trophy world.

• smutpeddlers

I would suggest emailing FD….. The no negatives for outs sucks……. probably won’t change anything but…..

• awilson45

well Chris Sale was having a good game…

• makeitra1n

@nta87 said...

Anyone here win any big money today???????

No but I’m sure if you change one of those words we could all relate lmao

• MikeSos760

@Powellbr said...

Well a lot of the stuff I use is used in the Grind Down, but that isn’t usually posted until after my research process. I like to do it the night before. The grind down doesn’t allow me to go into depth with stuff either.

For pitching I look at wOBA vs each hand, k/9, SIERRA, Fip, xFIP, the opponents K rate and the pitchers last few starts. So I’ve been looking at spring training stats recently. I mainly look at pitching though to find my hitters because I pay up for pitching usually. Fangraphs also allows me to quickly look at the stats for each team’s bullpen.

For hitting I look at the teams players that are facing weak pitchers. I can look at the whole team at once and sort them based on their specific woBA handedness, iso, wRC, and such. I do look at batter vs pitcher stats on a different website, and I use this information too.

I keep in mind hitters streaks. I also like taking a guy who underperformed in their last start when they were supposed to be chalk.

• fildo22

Already enjoying baseball more than basketball DFS. Sitting in 9th out of 1700 with 2 donuts from my Jays players.

https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/22710090?uc=375643418

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).