4:10 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 143 ) at Cincinnati ( -155 ) —- T: 8
    4:10 PM EST : Washington ( -180 ) at Atlanta ( 165 ) —- T: 6.5
    4:10 PM EST : Boston ( -105 ) at Cleveland ( -103 ) —- T: 6.5
    7:05 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( -180 ) at San Diego ( 165 ) —- T: 5.5
    7:10 PM EST : Toronto ( 104 ) at Tampa Bay ( -113 ) —- T: 7.5
    9:40 PM EST : Colorado ( 192 ) at Arizona ( -210 ) —- T: 7.5
    10:05 PM EST : Chi Sox ( -113 ) at Oakland ( 104 ) —- T: 6.5
    10:05 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( -137 ) at LA Angels ( 126 ) —- T: 6.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• maxeernst

@kmart35 said...

“flu like symptoms” lol the guy pitched 3 games in the WS feeling a little under the weather won’t affect him he’s a horse

The beat writer wrote he was “really sick” and will be monitored.

• maxeernst

Henry SchulmanVerified account
    ‏@hankschulman
    Bumgarner was really sick with flu yesterday. Better today. But still feeling it. #sfgiants

• JSteele

It’s on the player news when you click his name on DK

• jaygee9

Bum only 6.5% owned in squeeze. I’ll take that all day

• cAUmberlandtiger8

@Tpcslj47 said...

They aren’t trying to make more of a profit. They are trying to not lose tens of thousands of dollars…or hundreds? lol

And the savings passed along to each entry is very small. The FD overlay for example, contest pays out 200k and they raised 180k in entries. While the 20k overlay is certainly nice, each entry now has a value of $2.22 instead of $2 at 200k entries (and $1.74 if the contest filled). So enjoy your extra 50c of value. I’m not kicking up any dust over DK costing me a few bucks of value by trying to save tens of thousands. More than anything I just want to have large GPPs available to play, and DK/FD are the only ones supplying this. And they have never been profitable.

If you guys need a cheeseburger that badly I can spot you the cash.

Just to add to this. They didnt lower the guaranteed payout, they just moved the lock time back, which more than likely we agreed to in the terms of service. Dont have a problem with what DK did at all.

• Capone1233

Baltimore forecast only calls for quarter to half inch of rain. Anyone chime in that lives in that area?

• FantasyFreakFFW

@Brian_msbc said...

link?

@Notorious mentions it in the Grind Down as well.

“The Reds said that he will throw around 90 pitches in the opener, which does limit his upside a little bit.”

• TJRhodes

30 mins for DK Moonshot to fill 50k spots.

• bucherpsu08

@Capone1233 said...

Baltimore forecast only calls for quarter to half inch of rain. Anyone chime in that lives in that area?

I’m in Bmore. Don’t worry about that game, it won’t be PPD. Maybe a delay but all rain will be moved out of here by 6pm. I can’t imagine you are targeting any pitchers in that game anyway so I wouldn’t be concerned. If they were going to postpone it, it would have happened already, People have been downtown since 6am. A postponement would be a huge logistical nightmare.

• awilson45

@Tpcslj47 said...

They aren’t trying to make more of a profit. They are trying to not lose tens of thousands of dollars…or hundreds? lol

And the savings passed along to each entry is very small. The FD overlay for example, contest pays out 200k and they raised 180k in entries. While the 20k overlay is certainly nice, each entry now has a value of $2.22 instead of $2 at 200k entries (and $1.74 if the contest filled). So enjoy your extra 50c of value. I’m not kicking up any dust over DK costing me a few bucks of value by trying to save tens of thousands. More than anything I just want to have large GPPs available to play, and DK/FD are the only ones supplying this. And they have never been profitable.

If you guys need a cheeseburger that badly I can spot you the cash.

Spot on man

• lastcallcasualty

@jaygee9 said...

Bum only 6.5% owned in squeeze. I’ll take that all day

Kluber only 3.3 % owned. I’ll take that even more.

• lloydjv1

@Capone1233 said...

On another DFS site they claimed the weather would clear out even if they had to start late.

• lastcallcasualty

You have to remember. 90 pitches against the Phillies could be 8 innings. They swing at everything….

• kmart35

This overlay a ploy by draftkings to keep new players thinking it’s always this easy to profit????

/sarcasm

• fanturds

I have noticed the Orioles have sometimes not started on time even though it hasn’t rained yet if they were expecting rain to pass through at say 7:15-7:20 on a 705 first pitch.

Some clouds that might have rain falling out of them have started appeared in the NW Sky ( I work east of the city)

• bigmike14

I found this in the terms of use in DK, for everyone wondering if its legal or not for them to push back the lock times.
    “DraftKings reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the contests (or any portion thereof) should virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, or other causes corrupt administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper operation of the contest (or any portion thereof) warrant doing so. Notification of such changes may be provided by DraftKings to its customers but will not be required.”
    This was the only part talking about contest lock times,

• ButBongoFiesta

@akarkennny said...

Do people think Chris Owings is going to start for Diamondbacks? Asking because he is so cheap on FantasyDraft.

I believe Owings is starting vs LHP so he should start tonight

• JSteele

@lastcallcasualty said...

You have to remember. 90 pitches against the Phillies could be 8 innings. They swing at everything….

If he took 3 pitches to strike out each batter that would 72 pitches in 8 innings. He could get flyouts and groundouts I guess but then he wouldn’t rack up the K’s he needs to pay off

• lloydjv1

I was just checking the locked games on FD that I am entered in and it appears a lot of players didn“t see the news on the early game. They are dropping zeroes pretty badly. I am merely guess that 1 out of 10 lineups are going to have at least 1 zero in it. Going to be interesting to hear feedback from folks that got locked out and didn’t know.

• bigmike14

@JSteele said...

If he took 3 pitches to strike out each batter that would 72 pitches in 8 innings. He could get flyouts and groundouts I guess but then he wouldn’t rack up the K’s he needs to pay off

I don’t think anyone is expecting him to strike out 24 batters in a row, but with the phillies tendency to swing at a lot of pitches, he could have a few low pitch innings.

• TheRyanFlaherty

My brain has fried out trying to decide between Iglesias or Hernandez as my second pitcher.
    I’d really like Price but I don’t feel like dropping Harper for Bradley or something comparable for the upgrade…

• TheRealJosh5

@lastcallcasualty said...

yeah I agree with that, only 1 bat in that LU really scares me.

• JSteele

I guess we’ll find out. I say 6 innings max which I guess is enough to do some damage.

Good luck everyone for those on DK!

• jprem24

@ButBongoFiesta said...

I believe Owings is starting vs LHP so he should start tonight

Also, he started in cf when pollock went down, so its possible he sees time there as well besides the rotating inf w/ him segura, and ahmed

• jonsousa46

@lloydjv1 said...

I was just checking the locked games on FD that I am entered in and it appears a lot of players didn“t see the news on the early game. They are dropping zeroes pretty badly. I am merely guess that 1 out of 10 lineups are going to have at least 1 zero in it. Going to be interesting to hear feedback from folks that got locked out and didn’t know.

Considering the fact that a notice was plastered on the site pretty much since the game was announced as PPD, those people that didn’t do anything about it probably deserve to take a couple zeros.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.