7:10 PM EST : NY Yankees ( -109 ) at Tampa Bay ( 101 ) —- T: 7.5
    7:40 PM EST : Colorado ( 102 ) at Milwaukee ( -110 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:05 PM EST : Cleveland ( -149 ) at Texas ( 137 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:10 PM EST : Seattle ( 150 ) at Houston ( -163 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:15 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( -134 ) at St. Louis ( 124 ) —- T: 7.5
    9:40 PM EST : SF Giants ( -144 ) at Arizona ( 133 ) —- T: 9
    10:05 PM EST : LA Angels ( -109 ) at Oakland ( 101 ) —- T: 7.5
    10:10 PM EST : San Diego ( 213 ) at LA Dodgers ( -233 ) —- T: 7.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• PhoFever

Back to the well w LAD stack? Also liking Mariner lefties vs. McCullers.

• IrishCarBomb9

First day of MLB season and I basically had a better day than I had in all the days combined in NBA lol. Definitely gonna go back to the well on some LAD guys^ also Longoria vs CC. $700,000 tourney on DK today wow!!! I think I’ll throw one bullet in there $$$$$$

• teachmehowtocutty

Way better stacks than Seattle

• Ndepompei

I like stacking yandy diaz Austin Jackson and the top of the Indians lineup

• monarch

I initially like a Brewers stack, some of those guys club lefties and yesterday was a bullpen game for both teams. I will hedge with some Tyler Anderson just in case.

• Stangs13

I wish the daily pitchers hub at least had last years stats in it.

• TheRyanFlaherty

Wow, there’s some crappy pitchers today for it being the second game of the year for these teams…

• FidelCashflow

I don’t believe in the Dodgers Bats. Faded that offense yesterday, will fade again today. If I lose, you’re welcome for the donations. :)

• SzymonK

@Seahawktom said...

Back to the well w LAD stack? Also liking Mariner lefties vs. McCullers.

Im new to MLB, I was going to ask? Lets say yesterday the Dodgers stack worked and today they play the same team. Is it safe to say that a similiar stack will do good?

• Bentbake

Pitching sucks today. Early I like a Rockies stack in a Top 5 hitters park against a RHP. Blackmon, Cargo, Arenado, and Story crush righties.

• tdubjenkins

Who’s the hot pitcher for today?

• firepimp

Boom or Bust play from me starting my research this morning on just 1 pitcher I was looking at so far. Comment how you feel on it.

Cueto is 9200 today on fanduel. He also shows pretty much all the batters he faces today will get minimal points if any. Projections show everyone he faces today besides 2 batters will be in the red and the 2 not in the red show minimal positive points against him which looks great.

Scouting report though shows. Right-handed starters with average groundball rates had an ERA of 4.31 against the Diamondbacks since last year.

Then we look at last seasons fantasy points scored against the diamond backs.
    He had 2 good games against them, 1 okay game and 2 implodes against them. Tacking up 3 to 10 strike outs per game.

Each game he pitched a minimum of 7 innings. Except one where he was pulled halfway through the 4th.

I like the projections and possible strikeouts he has today. But I believe I will be fading him as his opening month statistics shows he throws for minimal strikes each game for the past few years the month of April.

If I’m fading him then that means he will go off lol.

I’ll be looking at other trends and see what I can find and post back as the day goes forth if it helps anyone awesome, if not I’m sorry. I’m in a number crunching mood today and trying to find something I feel comfortable with.

• IrishCarBomb9

@SzymonK said...

Im new to MLB, I was going to ask? Lets say yesterday the Dodgers stack worked and today they play the same team. Is it safe to say that a similiar stack will do good?

Not exactly because of a few things imo:
    1. Baseball is very high variance day to day. A team could score 8 runs one night and get 2 hits the next.
    2. Yesterday the Dodgers faced a righty and today they face a lefty so lineup construction will be different.
    3. It was a popular and successful stack yesterday which could make it the chalk today so not necessarily something you might want to target in a tournament.

• eperson911

Did the DraftKings single entry GPPs below $50 already fill or did they not post any?

• monarch

I like Cueto and Davies…Davies could go 7 or 8 innings with decent K totals or get smoked.

• FidelCashflow

@SzymonK said...

When games are played in Coors field people stack those games the entire series and the majority of time they go off. Certain teams like BOS get hot and go off consecutive days. Last year Dozier got hot and hit a HR like everyday for a week. It just all depends.

• jokah03

I like Sean manaea a lot today tbh..super cheap too.

• firepimp

@monarch said...

I like Cueto and Davies…Davies could go 7 or 8 innings with decent K totals or get smoked.

Projections show Davies getting lit up today. He only faced Colorado once last year and did well with 8 strikeouts. It was a homegame against the Rockies in Milwaukee.

I will have a Colorado lineup today somehow someway even if it’s in a cheapo lineup. Just started sipping my coffee so we shall see what else I try and uncover.

Projections show Davies being lit up today and he shows only 1-4 strikeouts his previous years on his April and May history per game as well.

• firepimp

Arrieta and Maeda along with cubs players and Dodgers players will be Chalk today. So I’m trying to find a happy place to fade them with confidence especially in my $25 dollar lineups, I would like to place in the top 20 today and bankroll the season starting off again this year.

And always be advised I’m a huge Rays fan so if I get Biased on a certain player just ignore me lmao.

• Barnold89

@Bentbake said...

Pitching sucks today. Early I like a Rockies stack in a Top 5 hitters park against a RHP. Blackmon, Cargo, Arenado, and Story crush righties.

Seeing as how blackmon and cargo didn’t do much of anything yesterday, it’s not insane to think that one of them puts up good numbers today. Possibly both.

• Jaws1002

@firepimp said...

Boom or Bust play from me starting my research this morning on just 1 pitcher I was looking at so far. Comment how you feel on it.

Cueto is 9200 today on fanduel. He also shows pretty much all the batters he faces today will get minimal points if any. Projections show everyone he faces today besides 2 batters will be in the red and the 2 not in the red show minimal positive points against him which looks great.

Scouting report though shows. Right-handed starters with average groundball rates had an ERA of 4.31 against the Diamondbacks since last year.

Then we look at last seasons fantasy points scored against the diamond backs.
    He had 2 good games against them, 1 okay game and 2 implodes against them. Tacking up 3 to 10 strike outs per game.

Each game he pitched a minimum of 7 innings. Except one where he was pulled halfway through the 4th.

I like the projections and possible strikeouts he has today. But I believe I will be fading him as his opening month statistics shows he throws for minimal strikes each game for the past few years the month of April.

If I’m fading him then that means he will go off lol.

I’ll be looking at other trends and see what I can find and post back as the day goes forth if it helps anyone awesome, if not I’m sorry. I’m in a number crunching mood today and trying to find something I feel comfortable with.

I agree with the Cueto fade, too much money for a Boom or Bust play and with it being April in Chase field I will let others pay up for him.

• bucherpsu08

Dodgers won’t be chalk. That lineup is built to pound right handers. I like Forsythe there, but that’s about it.

• Conbon32

Anybody back on Gary Sanchez?

• Green_Ranger_91

There’s a lot of good hitting spots today. Don’t sleep on the Cubs. Not the most appealing hitting environment, but in a nice spot against Wainwright (if the weather holds up).

• Jaws1002

@IrishCarBomb9 said...

Not exactly because of a few things imo:
    1. Baseball is very high variance day to day. A team could score 8 runs one night and get 2 hits the next.
    2. Yesterday the Dodgers faced a righty and today they face a lefty so lineup construction will be different.
    3. It was a popular and successful stack yesterday which could make it the chalk today so not necessarily something you might want to target in a tournament.

I will take a wait and see approach to how the Dodgers fare against lefty starters this season. They were pretty awful against them last season.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.