7:10 PM EST : NY Yankees ( -109 ) at Tampa Bay ( 101 ) —- T: 7.5
    7:40 PM EST : Colorado ( 102 ) at Milwaukee ( -110 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:05 PM EST : Cleveland ( -149 ) at Texas ( 137 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:10 PM EST : Seattle ( 150 ) at Houston ( -163 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:15 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( -134 ) at St. Louis ( 124 ) —- T: 7.5
    9:40 PM EST : SF Giants ( -144 ) at Arizona ( 133 ) —- T: 9
    10:05 PM EST : LA Angels ( -109 ) at Oakland ( 101 ) —- T: 7.5
    10:10 PM EST : San Diego ( 213 ) at LA Dodgers ( -233 ) —- T: 7.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• monarch

@Conbon32 said...

Anybody back on Gary Sanchez?

Yes, I like him and Bird if they are in the top three of the batting order again today. I think Odorizzi is reverse splits if memory serves me correct so Sanchez could crush.

• jokah03

Assuming Maeda is the mega chalk on FD tonight (way to cheap there) I’m gonna make a padres stack for sure. He’s nothing special of a pitcher imo. For cash I think you almost have to go maeda there though.

• deerosa

If you have Tmobile, download the tmobile tuesdays app. There click on this weeks loot and you should be able to click on the free Mlb.com tv link. Just downloaded it to my phone but I can also watch on all my devices.
    Just wanted to let those who have the service to take advantage of this.
    thank me later!

• spectoris

@firepimp said...

Boom or Bust play from me starting my research this morning on just 1 pitcher I was looking at so far. Comment how you feel on it.

Cueto is 9200 today on fanduel. He also shows pretty much all the batters he faces today will get minimal points if any. Projections show everyone he faces today besides 2 batters will be in the red and the 2 not in the red show minimal positive points against him which looks great.

Scouting report though shows. Right-handed starters with average groundball rates had an ERA of 4.31 against the Diamondbacks since last year.

Then we look at last seasons fantasy points scored against the diamond backs.
    He had 2 good games against them, 1 okay game and 2 implodes against them. Tacking up 3 to 10 strike outs per game.

Each game he pitched a minimum of 7 innings. Except one where he was pulled halfway through the 4th.

I like the projections and possible strikeouts he has today. But I believe I will be fading him as his opening month statistics shows he throws for minimal strikes each game for the past few years the month of April.

If I’m fading him then that means he will go off lol.

I’ll be looking at other trends and see what I can find and post back as the day goes forth if it helps anyone awesome, if not I’m sorry. I’m in a number crunching mood today and trying to find something I feel comfortable with.

Thanks for the post. I was looking at Cueto as a possible play but you gave me some reason why a fade may be good.

I have a question. Where do you these statistics or scouting reports? I love crunching numbers as well but can find a resource that has all the numbers needed (for fantasy purposes) in one place. I am new to Daily fantasy baseball.

• Roma315

Sunday sucked but Yestersay had profit on the main, late slate on FD and the DK main. Was 4.6 points away from winning the 60k late slate…damn Pujols with only 3 points

• reids20

so the point of this was just to get us off Cueto or just read your 2016 analysis of him…haha just playing man

• reids20

@firepimp said...

Boom or Bust play from me starting my research this morning on just 1 pitcher I was looking at so far. Comment how you feel on it.

Cueto is 9200 today on fanduel. He also shows pretty much all the batters he faces today will get minimal points if any. Projections show everyone he faces today besides 2 batters will be in the red and the 2 not in the red show minimal positive points against him which looks great.

Scouting report though shows. Right-handed starters with average groundball rates had an ERA of 4.31 against the Diamondbacks since last year.

Then we look at last seasons fantasy points scored against the diamond backs.
    He had 2 good games against them, 1 okay game and 2 implodes against them. Tacking up 3 to 10 strike outs per game.

Each game he pitched a minimum of 7 innings. Except one where he was pulled halfway through the 4th.

I like the projections and possible strikeouts he has today. But I believe I will be fading him as his opening month statistics shows he throws for minimal strikes each game for the past few years the month of April.

If I’m fading him then that means he will go off lol.

I’ll be looking at other trends and see what I can find and post back as the day goes forth if it helps anyone awesome, if not I’m sorry. I’m in a number crunching mood today and trying to find something I feel comfortable with.

so the point of this was just to get us off Cueto or just read your 2016 analysis of him…haha just playing man

• Roma315

@jokah03 said...

Assuming Maeda is the mega chalk on FD tonight (way to cheap there) I’m gonna make a padres stack for sure. He’s nothing special of a pitcher imo. For cash I think you almost have to go maeda there though.

He made me quite a bit on money last year. His inning weren’t great though they usually took him out early.

• fenway92

@jokah03 said...

The thing is though, who’s going to go off from San Diego though? They’re a Double A/Triple A squad that is disguised as a Major League team

• Barnold89

@Green_Ranger_91 said...

There’s a lot of good hitting spots today. Don’t sleep on the Cubs. Not the most appealing hitting environment, but in a nice spot against Wainwright (if the weather holds up).

Adam “when he’s off his game he has reverse splits, but not the most likely scenario on opening day against a bitter rival” wainwright.

• winnerchickendinner

@fenway92 said...

The thing is though, who’s going to go off from San Diego though? They’re a Double A/Triple A squad that is disguised as a Major League team

I could see the Padres winning someone a lot of money. Not necessarily tO’Day but they got some power in their lineup.

• Vanco

@fenway92 said...

Schimpf. Rostered him last night and will continue to do so.

• odeethedon

I know absolutely nothing about baseball and cashed easily on both DK and FD yesterday baseball seems kinda of easy as long as u do just a little research let’s hope I keep it going today

• steelcitydozer

@Conbon32 said...

Anybody back on Gary Sanchez?

Im throwing him im my gpps

• steelcitydozer

@odeethedon said...

I know absolutely nothing about baseball and cashed easily on both DK and FD yesterday baseball seems kinda of easy as long as u do just a little research let’s hope I keep it going today

MLB is a cake walk easy money …said no one ever

• Orty1370

FanDuel just went down…

• KindGuy

IM BACK. Bankroll boosted thanks to a march madness contest.

I was taking it easy on you guys the first two days but now it’s back to business!!!

I’m on DK, btw. Holy crap, DK isn’t messing around; $100K top prize on just the 3rd day of the season? It’s lit!!!

• djcory27

I hope people just look at the box scores and stack LAD tonight, that lineup typically gets toasted by lefties. Giants stack with the maker of shoes FTW.

• Luctyl99

Rickie weeks for 2300 on DraftKings? Crushes lefties, should be in the lineup against CC tonight

• odeethedon

@steelcitydozer said...

MLB is a cake walk easy money …said no one ever

To me it seems like everything comes down to pitching and the ball park. I just targeted people going against weak pitching and teams with the highest vegas totals and it worked I’m going with the same strategy today. Today is only my second day playing MLB so I’m open to all suggestions

• Wrx_guy

Im horrible at MLB. Not even sure where to begin my research. Im off today so I have some time to work on it lol

• moped_jones

@odeethedon said...

I bet you’ll feel differently in a week. Baseball is a crap shoot. I’m doing well so far this season, but I remember how frustrating (and long) the baseball season was last year. One day I scored 202 and the next 78. Baseball is so random and inconsistent.

• steelcitydozer

@odeethedon said...

To me it seems like everything comes down to pitching and the ball park. I just targeted people going against weak pitching and teams with the highest vegas totals and it worked I’m going with the same strategy today. Today is only my second day playing MLB so I’m open to all suggestions

Not trying to hate on you .just saying when your winning it seems easy . Good luck to you this season hope to see you at the top .

• CJtheGrump

@odeethedon said...

That’s basically it. Until you roll out a 4-man stack from a team that manages 8 runs, but you managed to pick everyone who goes 0-5.

• Dirt_Lavert

@firepimp said...

And always be advised I’m a huge Rays fan so if I get Biased on a certain player just ignore me lmao.

As a Red Sox fan I like how the rays hit. Had good luck stacking them many times as well as AZ last year with Segura (what an awful trade, can’t even start).

Looking at Sabathia’s numbers vs Longoria, Kiermeir, and Souza and I’m starting to like a Rays stack lol

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/yankees-vs-rays/2017/04/04/490116#game_tab=preview,game_state=preview,game=490116

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.