7:10 PM EST : NY Yankees ( -109 ) at Tampa Bay ( 101 ) —- T: 7.5
    7:40 PM EST : Colorado ( 102 ) at Milwaukee ( -110 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:05 PM EST : Cleveland ( -149 ) at Texas ( 137 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:10 PM EST : Seattle ( 150 ) at Houston ( -163 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:15 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( -134 ) at St. Louis ( 124 ) —- T: 7.5
    9:40 PM EST : SF Giants ( -144 ) at Arizona ( 133 ) —- T: 9
    10:05 PM EST : LA Angels ( -109 ) at Oakland ( 101 ) —- T: 7.5
    10:10 PM EST : San Diego ( 213 ) at LA Dodgers ( -233 ) —- T: 7.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

@CHAWX76 said...

Somebody talk me out of a Cano/Seager/ TBD? contrarian stack. Speed in front of them and hit McCullers in past, but lacked base runners.

Maybe leave it as a mini? I have only them 2 in a few places.

• txdave41

@odeethedon said...

I know absolutely nothing about baseball and cashed easily on both DK and FD yesterday baseball seems kinda of easy as long as u do just a little research let’s hope I keep it going today

Lol, I did research and had several huge batter performances like Joc and Odor. I didn’t cash a dime.

• achubs

Best pitcher today for cash games(50/50s)? I’m leaning towards Maeda as being safest? Thoughts?

• jon2anderson

• Blogger of the Month

@achubs said...

Best pitcher today for cash games(50/50s)? I’m leaning towards Maeda as being safest? Thoughts?

Arrieta, Shoemaker, Maeda are my favorites in that order

• MrPerfekt7

@Jaws1002 said...

No to both.

Okay who would be better options? What about Arrieta, Maeda

• MrPerfekt7

@jon2anderson said...

Just answered my question
    Thanks

• Conbon32

Anyone like Ryan Braun?

• aclederer1

@7klub06 said...

Cueto and CC good locks for pitchers today?

Yeah, don’t even play tonights slate unless you like giving away free one. If so donate to your local charity.

• jtkucheck

@jon2anderson said...

Maeda is a tough sell for me, especially on DK where the W isn’t as important. Yes, the Padres are awful, but they were also awful last year.

In 4 starts against them last year, Maeda went 6, 5, 7 and 4 innings. For the entire season, he only had double digit Ks once (albeit it was against the Padres) and never went past the 7th. If you’re paying for an ace, don’t you at least want a guy that sniffs the 8th/9th innings now and then? I see Maeda’s ceiling as 6 IP, 7 Ks, 4 H/BB, 1 ER and probably a W, although the Dodger bats are unlikely to repeat yesterday’s output (or anywhere close). If you can live with that for the price in cash… be my guest… but keep in mind that is BEST case.

My answer for cash would probably be Arrieta, Cueto, Shoe, Carrasco, weather dependent for Arrieta obviously.

• spursfan1

Is Verlander a good play at pitcher on DK for the All Day Slate?

• Roma315

RG Overall Ranking

@spursfan1 said...

Is Verlander a good play at pitcher on DK for the All Day Slate?

Yes but not safe wind is blowing out.

• bucherpsu08

@Roma315 said...

Yes but not safe wind is blowing out.

At an intense 6mph!

• ItsATL

@Conbon32 said...

Anyone like Ryan Braun?

Yes. Crushes lefties.

• River2009

@Conbon32 said...

Anyone like Ryan Braun?

Love him tonight, seems to be very over looked today

• AP_ALL_DAY_28

I have enough cash left over for any 1B who would you guys go with

• Luctyl99

Edwin

• Scottjmark

@AP_ALL_DAY_28 said...

I have enough cash left over for any 1B who would you guys go with

Pujols. Manaee stinks against righties. Gives up plenty of homers.

• NYGfan1983

@elementasrat said...

It pains me as a Yankees fan to say it, but CC is going to get lit tonight. Our rotation sucks.

he did have a decent spring. keep faith my friend. we are so young.

• jfendler

@CHAWX76 said...

Somebody talk me out of a Cano/Seager/ TBD? contrarian stack. Speed in front of them and hit McCullers in past, but lacked base runners.

How ‘bout Segura? Per FanGraphs, he finished 44th last year (among qualified hitters) against curveballs. No starting pitcher threw a higher percentage of curveballs last year than did McCullers (49.3%). He’s also an excellent fastball hitter (ranked 22nd last season).

Lone downside is he won’t get much of a chance to run against McCullers, who is exceptionally good at holding baserunners (only 3 SB’s allowed in his MLB career). However, assuming McCullers doesn’t pitch deep into the game, he’ll get his chances against the bullpen.

• Olhausen

Didn’t win a damn thing yesterday but wasn’t really expecting to as I never do on opening day. To the poster asking if yesterday’s lineup’s will win tonight, the answer is not likely. If it worked that way everyone would just stack the lineup’s from the night before.

• EadesScience

@River2009 said...

Love him tonight, seems to be very over looked today

Ryan Braun overlooked? How did you come that conclusion? He may be but I am curious to how you percieved that thought? From this forum?

Ricky

• Gheag2014

If you aren’t atleast 70% Mc Jr then I don’t know what to say

• MrPerfekt7

@aclederer1 said...

Yeah, don’t even play tonights slate unless you like giving away free one. If so donate to your local charity.

Well look like I will stick to the late night slate

• OSU_Bucknut

Souza or Reddick on Fanduel?

• deactivated51600

@scruffylookingme said...

Also, is it a decent strategy to make stacks from the bottom of the order from good teams?

Yes. This is how you find low owned gold in GPPs.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).