7:10 PM EST : NY Yankees ( -109 ) at Tampa Bay ( 101 ) —- T: 7.5
    7:40 PM EST : Colorado ( 102 ) at Milwaukee ( -110 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:05 PM EST : Cleveland ( -149 ) at Texas ( 137 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:10 PM EST : Seattle ( 150 ) at Houston ( -163 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:15 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( -134 ) at St. Louis ( 124 ) —- T: 7.5
    9:40 PM EST : SF Giants ( -144 ) at Arizona ( 133 ) —- T: 9
    10:05 PM EST : LA Angels ( -109 ) at Oakland ( 101 ) —- T: 7.5
    10:10 PM EST : San Diego ( 213 ) at LA Dodgers ( -233 ) —- T: 7.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• ChaosM83

RG Overall Ranking

@jokah03 said...

Assuming Maeda is the mega chalk on FD tonight (way to cheap there) I’m gonna make a padres stack for sure. He’s nothing special of a pitcher imo. For cash I think you almost have to go maeda there though.

I don’t know if this Padres team can trip and fall into 6+ runs, which is what you are hoping for with a stack. You want lots of production. This team is currently being talked about with terms like “historically bad”, they could have a shot at the most losses in a season. So why in the world would you ever throw your money away and stack them?

So many better options tonight… lets not get crazy.

• ChaosM83

RG Overall Ranking

After reading through all the comments, I gotta say I’m tossing in a Yankee’s stack. I see everybody thinking that CC is going to get crushed, no mention that Ordorizzi gives up a ton of long balls. I really like the Yankee power bats. Mark it down, saw it here first.

• darrenqnguyen

Give me all the Trout. He destroyed Oakland and Manaea last year.

• firepimp

@OSU_Bucknut said...

Souza or Reddick on Fanduel?

On one of my 5 dollar lineups I had the same issue also earlier. I started Souza, we all can feel CC is going to get lit up tonight and it might be Souza tonight since he has worked so hard on his batting and only scored 3 pts on opening day. Thats how I talked myself into Souza on that lineup lol

• firepimp

@ChaosM83 said...

After reading through all the comments, I gotta say I’m tossing in a Yankee’s stack. I see everybody thinking that CC is going to get crushed, no mention that Ordorizzi gives up a ton of long balls. I really like the Yankee power bats. Mark it down, saw it here first.

Yepp with all the anti CC talk which I believe also. I threw in some yankees also to go against myself as well.

• Manyak

so in mlb, if u want to differentiate from others, you go the no-stack route? just hope all ur players hit solo Hrs? lol

• hypegotti

so in NBA you wanna shoot for 300 points and 5X your salary in general. Is there a set number to be aiming for in baseball on return to dollar as well? or is it just too much variance day to day to really matter?

• firepimp

Pence and Beltran, 2 outfielders I feel that will be overlooked tonight that I’m plugging into lineups here and there.

• Gheag2014

@hypegotti said...

so in NBA you wanna shoot for 300 points and 5X your salary in general. Is there a set number to be aiming for in baseball on return to dollar as well? or is it just too much variance day to day to really matter?

Probably 120ish usually for dk gpps

• jtkucheck

Holy cow the Rays 1-5 stack is ridiculously cheap

• Gheag2014

@Manyak said...

so in mlb, if u want to differentiate from others, you go the no-stack route? just hope all ur players hit solo Hrs? lol

I’ve never won not stacking, to differentiate play bottom of the order guys

• w3stcoastoff3ns3

@Manyak said...

From my BRIEF experience YES. I did this a few times last year and won waaay more money than I should have in MLB. I’m so baseball ignorant in terms of DFS it’s borderline sad. But I do like playing the game and watching it, so my game plan last year was to roster pitchers with upside to exceed value and guys who can hit homeruns.

• firepimp

@Manyak said...

Lol it depends everynight and if you’re trying to cash or GPP play.

If you have 3 guys on your team that can knock each other around the bases, they show good averages lately/ or they’re hot and facing a weaker pitcher or someone they typically destroy.

Yes stack them. But yeah you’re pretty much hoping for dongers or someone on a hot streak going 4 for 4 or better yet 5 for 5 and maybe a chance at the cycle.

Say you have a guy that’s been hitting singles alot. And someone after him 1, 2 or 3 spots has been hitting well also. But noone else doing much around them sure start your single machine guy especially if he can steal. Possible to get accumulated points off his steals, and runs scored a d his 1st base points.

So many damn scenarios in baseball and ways you can base your lineup.

Alot of studying mixed with alot of luck.

• thedkexperience

@Manyak said...

In a short slate, getting away from the chalk is always good. BUT … in a slate with 5 to 15 games don’t even bother about being contrarian. Just pick the 9 best guys you can find even if they are the chalkiest chalk that ever done chalk. Here is why …

- in cash you’re supposed to pick high floor players, AKA chalk. I played over 30 H2Hs yesterday and never played against the same LU. My chalk LUs put up 174 and 212 in the early and late. Both of which easily cashed in GPPs as well.

- in GPPs you want to be contrarian but in baseball you can do that with a really chalk LU and the days 2nd or 3rd best pitcher. You don’t need to go dumpster diving.

- As for stacking or doing one offs … just pick 2 or 3 core hitters who have fantastic matchups. If 2 of them happen to hit 2nd and 4th in their LU then add in the 3 hole hitter to yours as well for a neat 2-3-4 stack. If the 1 or 5 has a pulse make it a 4 man stack. Don’t try to force it one way or another, but if you do it enough the stacking opportunities will look pretty obvious. It’s a bad idea to say, “I like SF, let me do a stack!” It’s a good idea to say, “I like Pence and Posey. Can I make this into a stack?”

- Last thing … if you have 1 or 2 spots left over don’t jam a low cost guy. Jam your low cost guys in to complete stacks. Use your last spot on an expensive one off. Would you rather hold your breath hoping that Jose Iglesias lucks into a triple by himself, or hope that Mike Trout Mike Trouts? Get that 2100 guy from the same place that you got your core. Use the rest on someone going to Cooperstown.

• thedkexperience

@hypegotti said...

Aim for 120. 40 from your SP and 10 each from your hitters. You will cash in 5050s and win H2Hs most days with a 120. Usually 140ish will cash in a GPP with the winner around 200+.

Don’t use a 4x or 5x type of approach or you’ll lose your mind.

• SzymonK

Is Forsythe a good play tonite? I just noticed I have lot of him?

• Manyak

thanks for all the advice guys! really appreciate it! gl to all tn!

• firepimp

@hypegotti said...

They tweaked the points system again.

But you’re normally aiming for 120 in cash games.

140 to 200 for GPP play.

Butttttt I’ve seen tournaments won with 114 points lol.

Baseball is a different monster and so many ways to attempt it.

One of those amazing DFS things of you almost want to have 10 different lineups for the night.

1 lineup – what the projections say

2. One lineup with a value pitcher

3. One with the chalky pitcher

4 chalky batters lineup

5 a gut lineup

6 a weather based lineup

7 a lineup that makes you want to puke

8 a stacked lineup with 3 to 4 players from a team

9 a lineup based on what some guy said off the boards and he sounds knowledgeable

10. A lineup that shows you belong nowhere near DFS sports

11. And a lineup that mixes all 10 of them up

Enjoy

• Supersharpie

@firepimp said...

Pence and Beltran, 2 outfielders I feel that will be overlooked tonight that I’m plugging into lineups here and there.

Pence is going to be chalk. Beltran will fly under the radar since many (myself included) will be stacking the ‘Stros 1-4.

I am throwing in three LUs and stacking HOU, SF, NYY, Cubs.

• Kmac014

Anywhere you can see projected ownership %? Appreciate if someone links a site

• thedkexperience

@firepimp said...

They tweaked the points system again.

But you’re normally aiming for 120 in cash games.

140 to 200 for GPP play.

Butttttt I’ve seen tournaments won with 114 points lol.

Baseball is a different monster and so many ways to attempt it.

One of those amazing DFS things of you almost want to have 10 different lineups for the night.

1 lineup – what the projections say

2. One lineup with a value pitcher

3. One with the chalky pitcher

4 chalky batters lineup

5 a gut lineup

6 a weather based lineup

7 a lineup that makes you want to puke

8 a stacked lineup with 3 to 4 players from a team

9 a lineup based on what some guy said off the boards and he sounds knowledgeable

10. A lineup that shows you belong nowhere near DFS sports

11. And a lineup that mixes all 10 of them up

Enjoy

Even for a joke … this is pretty solid advice. I do 3 lineups.

- Chalk for cash and GPP – Chalk with a different SP GPP – Weather dependent chalk for GPP

I maid $109 profit yesterday playing mostly $1 H2Hs and $5 or below GPPs

• firepimp

@SzymonK said...

Is Forsythe a good play tonite? I just noticed I have lot of him?

Forsythe is a consistent guy, always has amazed me how cheap he normally stays. I believe his price did jump up last year since he was the only Rays player who could do anything for a while along with guyer while Longoria, Lomo, and miller went through a slump fest along with KK and Souza trying to figure out how to hit again.

Forsythe will be in 50% of my lineups tonight, just a consistent guy with a good matchup and cheap.

• gaelicgirl

@hypegotti said...

Noto had a good article on the differences between MLB and other DFS sports yesterday where he addressed this question.
    “In my opinion, the biggest adjustment is trying to get out of the “value” mindset that we often have with other sports…The concept of needing a certain amount of production from a player doesn’t really apply to baseball because since players have such a limited sample size each night, their production is going to differ drastically each night…Since we are more concerned with matchups, baseball is not as price-sensitive of a sport as basketball or football.”

https://rotogrinders.com/articles/rotoacademy-preview-key-differences-between-mlb-and-other-sports-1747496

• Luctyl99

Seems as if Carrasco will be very low owned tonight, going to throw him into gpps on DraftKings with either maeda or McCullers

• thedkexperience

@gaelicgirl said...

Noto had a good article on the differences between MLB and other DFS sports yesterday where he addressed this question.
    “In my opinion, the biggest adjustment is trying to get out of the “value” mindset that we often have with other sports…The concept of needing a certain amount of production from a player doesn’t really apply to baseball because since players have such a limited sample size each night, their production is going to differ drastically each night…Since we are more concerned with matchups, baseball is not as price-sensitive of a sport as basketball or football.”

https://rotogrinders.com/articles/rotoacademy-preview-key-differences-between-mlb-and-other-sports-1747496

Truth

Also unlike NBA where you are trying to get 40+ from every spot to take down a GPP, in baseball your 120 will probably look like this …

36-2-22-0-14-26-3-3-14

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).