7:10 PM EST : NY Yankees ( -122 ) at Tampa Bay ( 113 ) —- T: 7.5
    7:10 PM EST : Atlanta ( 179 ) at NY Mets ( -195 ) —- T: 7
    8:05 PM EST : Cleveland ( -104 ) at Texas ( -104 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:10 PM EST : Seattle ( 106 ) at Houston ( -115 ) —- T: 9
    8:10 PM EST : Colorado ( -105 ) at Milwaukee ( -103 ) —- T: 9
    9:40 PM EST : SF Giants ( -109 ) at Arizona ( 101 ) —- T: 9.5
    10:05 PM EST : LA Angels ( -113 ) at Oakland ( 104 ) —- T: 7.5
    10:10 PM EST : San Diego ( 228 ) at LA Dodgers ( -250 ) —- T: 7

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic โ€“ MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• DcSports89

Hey guys just wondering if itโ€™s a better strategy to stack two teams playing each other or two different teams that are hot together. Ex: Rockies/Giants stack or Rockies/brewers?

• pick6er

I personally don’t do a double stack in the same game. Unless you took the mound for the Rockies and I was serving up dingers for the Brewers, I would skip that strategy.

Guess I didn’t hit quote… smh

• Olhausen

@pick6er said...

I personally don’t do a double stack in the same game. Unless you took the mound for the Rockies and I was serving up dingers for the Brewers, I would skip that strategy.

This is not true at all. I’ve seen many people take down Gpp’s with a game stack. I had my best day last season with a Milwaukee San Diego game stack that won me 650$.

• smokeyca14

Anything’s possible!!!!

• crazydaisy2013

@Semaj89 said...

You think people will go back to the Dodgers tonight?

I don’t necessarily think any stack will be overly popular on a 12 game slate but I do think Colorado will own a majority of the % owned.

• pick6er

@Olhausen said...

This is not true at all. I’ve seen many people take down Gpp’s with a game stack. I had my best day last season with a Milwaukee San Diego game stack that won me 650$.

Well… that’s why I said me personally. You are entitled to differ aswell!

• crazydaisy2013

I like Toronto middle three because the mash righties, Bundy gives up a ton of hard contact to righties, and they’re overpriced with a relatively low run total.

• KindGuy

12 game slate….. key to win a GPP is finding that player or players who hit multiple bombs….

• pick6er

@elementasrat said...

12 game slate….. key to win a GPP is finding that player or players who hit multiple bombs….

Pablo Sandoval. He’s going to eat! (See what I did there) ๐Ÿ˜‚

• secretjade

Anyone have thoughts on Cotton vs LAA?

He had a good start against them last year. Might have some upside if you are looking for cap relief.

• Touchole

@smokeyca14 said...

Anything’s possible!!!!

• Roma315

@smokeyca14 said...

Anything’s possible!!!!

• iron_tactics

@iron_tactics said...

Still a bit new to MLB DFS and the stats used here. But some of these I don’t think I fully understand, like HC%. Is a high HC% suppose to correlate to opposing batters having a higher chance of hitting a HR? So you want ideally a pitcher with a high FB% HC% and low strikeout % v a batter of opposite hands with a high ISO and .wOBA?

Nevermind, found a few good articles explaining it

• CHAWX76

General question: New to MLB this year. How much is too much to leave on the table in MLB salary? I hate feeling like I have to spend it all to bank any $$. (EX: I’ve got $1500 left on a LU today). Pre-Thanks all !

• vandymark

@secretjade said...

Anyone have thoughts on Cotton vs LAA?

He had a good start against them last year. Might have some upside if you are looking for cap relief.

I was literally about to bring up Cotton. I have him in my lineup right now. The guy has big time potential and showed flashes of that last year. I watched him multiple times last year when he was with Oaklands AAA affiliate (Nashville Sounds) and he is very impressive. I’ll be rolling the dice

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #87

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@vandymark said...

I was literally about to bring up Cotton. I have him in my lineup right now. The guy has big time potential and showed flashes of that last year. I watched him multiple times last year when he was with Oaklands AAA affiliate (Nashville Sounds) and he is very impressive. I’ll be rolling the dice

On DK or FD? I like him, but 7,800 seems steep right out the gate. Think I’d rather roll the dice on Richards for 700 less or go with Paxton for even cheaper as an SP2.

• secretjade

@Pandamonious said...

On DK or FD? I like him, but 7,800 seems steep right out the gate. Think I’d rather roll the dice on Richards for 700 less or go with Paxton for even cheaper as an SP2.

Considering Richards injury history and the fact that he was eased back in spring training makes me want to stay away from him.

• vandymark

@Pandamonious said...

I’m playing him on FD. $6700

• deactivated51600

@DcSports89 said...

Hey guys just wondering if itโ€™s a better strategy to stack two teams playing each other or two different teams that are hot together. Ex: Rockies/Giants stack or Rockies/brewers?

There is no right answer to this. Both are equally reasonable strategies.

• deactivated51600

@CHAWX76 said...

General question: New to MLB this year. How much is too much to leave on the table in MLB salary? I hate feeling like I have to spend it all to bank any $$. (EX: I’ve got $1500 left on a LU today). Pre-Thanks all !

Don’t worry to much about salary left on table in MLB (assuming you are referring to GPP) … more left over salary means you are going to be more differentiated from the field. Personally, some of my best MLB line ups ever had 5-6k left over.

• deactivated51600

@Olhausen said...

Agree with Olhausen. STLcards took down 7th place and $5,000 in the Super Fastball last night using a SF/ARI full game stack. It’s definitely a reasonable strategy.

• georger2

RG Overall Ranking

G

• thedkexperience

@CHAWX76 said...

You can leave thousands on the table and be fine. Sure … maybe you want to move up from (fill in the blank outfielder) to Mike Trout, but unlike in the NBA where moving up from Gerald Henderson to James Harden is a no brainer, (fill in the blank outfielder) could easily go 3 for 5 while Trout takes a collar.

Long story short … focus on good plays TODAY. Don’t worry about the salary if you like your plays.

• Olhausen

@whoisjohngalt said...

Don’t worry to much about salary left on table in MLB (assuming you are referring to GPP) … more left over salary means you are going to be more differentiated from the field. Personally, some of my best MLB line ups ever had 5-6k left over.

I seem to do way better when I have to spend down on hitting because of expensive pitchers. Every time I have tons of money left over it seems it doesn’t work out. Probably due to having a chalk lineup but whenever I have to get value bats I seem to have better nights.

• winnerchickendinner

Are we going to see regression from brandon finnegan? looking at his game logs he had a strong end to last year.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.