2:10 PM EST : Detroit ( -118 ) at Chi Sox ( 109 ) —- T: 9.5
    3:10 PM EST : San Diego ( 204 ) at LA Dodgers ( -223 ) —- T: 8
    3:35 PM EST : LA Angels ( -109 ) at Oakland ( 101 ) —- T: 8
    4:05 PM EST : Miami ( 149 ) at Washington ( -162 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:10 PM EST : Atlanta ( 142 ) at NY Mets ( -154 ) —- T: 7.5
    7:10 PM EST : Toronto ( -120 ) at Tampa Bay ( 111 ) —- T: 8
    8:10 PM EST : Seattle ( 150 ) at Houston ( -163 ) —- T: 8.5
    9:40 PM EST : SF Giants ( -103 ) at Arizona ( -105 ) —- T: 9.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• thedkexperience

@bigsmoot2 said...

I really only do DK, was just curious folks opinions on FD, I see they have a lot of single entry GPP (which is what I prefer), just curious what folks think about the two, thinking about trying out FD.

I play only on FD for all the reasons already mentioned. Also, esthetically I much prefer their layout to DK’s.

The only thing I prefer about DK are the awesome initials they stole from me 5 years after I made THEDKEXPERIENCE my online handle.

• TheWeeIceMan

I love knowing I can’t win a slate before my team even starts. wtf Nava,

• BUFUu2

@jasonresno said...

early slate only stacked cubs/rockies in one LU and tigers/sox in another. lessgo.

don’t sleep on the cards I like molina diaz fowler today with them…. Molina should do well against lackey he knows his throws

• firepimp

Hopefully the phil/Cin game gets canceled so Navas points don’t count.

• thedkexperience

Even as a Phillies fan … take it down a notch Daniel Nava. This is getting ridiculous.

• murphstahoe

When I saw the Bos/Pit game was postponed I decided to make as best a lineup I could and throw in some H2H and see if any of my opponents screwed up.

“papagates” – which is a name I have definitely seen, has a Pittsburgh player. It’s Gosselin who is only 3K, could it possibly be intentional in order to “fit” the rest of his lineup of more expensive players and just take a zero? Seems unlikely.

• TheWeeIceMan

Great start Hammel!

• draped

@firepimp said...

what? is this how it works on FD? definitely not how it works on DK. that doesn’t make any sense, why would they remove his points if the game gets PPD?

EDIT: I take that back. a postponement that results in a rescheduling does remove points on DK. never happened to me bc I avoid rain as a cash player, but I always assumed the points would count.

• gaelicgirl

@firepimp said...

Nava wasn’t even on the morning Grind Down radar, wonder what his ownership is.

• deactivated51600

@elementasrat said...

I just hate how DK designated the 1:05 slate as early and the 7:05 as the main. So many more games in the early slate… wish the prize pools were bigger.

Agreed… I play the quarter arcades and confused why they can’t just keep it consistent at 6k or higher on main slate (should be 7.5k-10k like NBA). Pretty sure it’d fill.

• MarcoPolo128

Didn’t realize Braun was gonna rest, damn. I don’t understand why they need to rest someone this early in the season, did i miss something? Didn’t bet much, just made a lineup for fun, probably should have checked to make sure everyone was playing.

• firepimp

@draped said...

what? is this how it works on FD? definitely not how it works on DK. that doesn’t make any sense, why would they remove his points if the game gets PPD?

EDIT: I take that back. a postponement that results in a rescheduling does remove points on DK. never happened to me bc I avoid rain as a cash player, but I always assumed the points would count.

Yeah I believe both sites changed their postponed and canceled game rules last year. So fingers crossed lol

• firepimp

@gaelicgirl said...

Nava wasn’t even on the morning Grind Down radar, wonder what his ownership is.

Nava in my tournaments is owned 2.3% but seems 50% of those people did full game stacks pretty much.

• thedkexperience

I’m seeing Nava at about 1.6%. Assume 80% of those people just recklessly stacked 8 players in the first game, and half of those left will screw up something else. All in all it will probably effect only about maybe 0.5% of final scores.

This is a much better situation than if someone who was 35% owned was doing it.

• KindGuy

Wtf these scorekeepers have been awful to start this season. Mondesi bobbled a clear double play ball and they credit the Twins with a hit and Hammel gets an earned run smh.

• KindGuy

And now the same shit happens to Lackey… fuck this

• draped

@elementasrat said...

Wtf these scorekeepers have been awful to start this season. Mondesi bobbled a clear double play ball and they credit the Twins with a hit and Hammel gets an earned run smh.

I didn’t watch it, but it seems like that’s the exact way it should be scored. you cannot assume a double play. its always been a rule. and from the play by play it looks like he got one out.

• iron_tactics

Wtf is wrong with Lackey

• firepimp

Lackey the chalk gives 3 up early wow.

• iron_tactics

@firepimp said...

Lackey the chalk gives 3 up early wow.

MF is Oprah out there

• uofm4ever

Can’t blame Lackey for that first inning. Inning was over when he served up an easy double play ball and Zobrist dropped it. Really he should be getting no earned runs as the inning should’ve been over right there.

• KindGuy

@uofm4ever said...

Can’t blame Lackey for that first inning. Inning was over when he served up an easy double play ball and Zobrist dropped it. Really he should be getting no earned runs as the inning should’ve been over right there.

That’s what I’m saying but draped said scorers can’t infer a double play ball. Welp.

• draped

@elementasrat said...

That’s what I’m saying but draped said scorers can’t infer a double play ball. Welp.

yes. the only time where something like this would be an unearned run is if the runner would not have scored, but the player threw the ball away and the runner took an extra base and scored bc of it. but u cannot assume the second out of a double play, only the first.

EDIT: it always sucks when its ur pitcher :(

• murphstahoe

Keon Broxton for Milwaukee HBP and pulled

• KindGuy

Lackey not fooling anyone. Gonna be a long afternoon.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).