2:10 PM EST : Detroit ( -118 ) at Chi Sox ( 109 ) —- T: 9.5
    3:10 PM EST : San Diego ( 204 ) at LA Dodgers ( -223 ) —- T: 8
    3:35 PM EST : LA Angels ( -109 ) at Oakland ( 101 ) —- T: 8
    4:05 PM EST : Miami ( 149 ) at Washington ( -162 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:10 PM EST : Atlanta ( 142 ) at NY Mets ( -154 ) —- T: 7.5
    7:10 PM EST : Toronto ( -120 ) at Tampa Bay ( 111 ) —- T: 8
    8:10 PM EST : Seattle ( 150 ) at Houston ( -163 ) —- T: 8.5
    9:40 PM EST : SF Giants ( -103 ) at Arizona ( -105 ) —- T: 9.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• Pick1979

Will nats play

• thedkexperience

Arenado with a chalk covered bomb! If Miggy, Kinsler or VMart can do something in these last few innings I might salvage something after all.

• mbunner23

@thedkexperience said...

It’s a grind. In NBA there are certain nights where you could sleep walk into a 300 by just going Westbrook- Harden and scrounging the bottom of the barrel for 7 more guys that can combine for 180. At their worst Westbrook and Harden will get, what, 30 each?

Meanwhile, in baseball, you can … excuse me … you will get a 0 from Trout and Harper 1/4th of the time, and something meh 2/4ths of the time. But that 1/4th of the time where they hit a HR makes it all worth it.

You simply have to stay at it … every … single … day. Use the H2H games to stay afloat and hope that the process gives you a legit chance at a big GPP every few weeks. Don’t ever get too invested in any one slate, and don’t let it get to you. You just gotta keep on grinding.

In MLB, are head to heads the way to go for cash games? I know I’m NBA, they’re all pros playing head to head, literally never any inexperienced players.

• thedkexperience

@mbunner23 said...

In MLB, are head to heads the way to go for cash games? I know I’m NBA, they’re all pros playing head to head, literally never any inexperienced players.

H2Hs in NBA are impossibly difficult. I agree there. The cash line is usually within 20 points of the GPP cash line. One mistake can, and usually does, kill you.

Meanwhile, if you can reach about 120 you’ll win 80% of your H2Hs and cash almost 100% of the time in 50/50s. A lot of the time that 120 will still be a mile from the GPP cash line. It is very easy to beat 50% of the field regularly. It’s very hard to beat 80% of the field regularly.

Also, I’ve been at this for 5 years now and only became profitable at baseball last season. It’s really hard work.

Here are some tips.

- Spend every dollar you can on a pitcher with a high floor. The only guaranteed death sentence you’ll get in DFS baseball is by screwing up your pitcher. – Start out your lineup with guys that have good match ups. Even an every day bench player can be part of your core group. – Look for teammates to stack that have positive matchups. By being safe with your pitcher you’ll already have a good cash floor. Stacking hitters allows for a good GPP ceiling. – With your last remaining spot or two, find a superstar to spend up on. I play Mike Trout somewhere every day. However, I never start a lineup with him. These players are superstars because they are talented enough to get value even in bad matchups. – Double check the weather. – Adjust your lineup before the game starts to ensure all of your hitters are hitting where you expected them to.

And then … hold onto your butt. Doing all of this every day will result in good days and bad but your bad days shouldn’t ever be total washouts if you pay up at pitcher.

Hope this helps!

• mbunner23

@thedkexperience said...

H2Hs in NBA are impossibly difficult. I agree there. The cash line is usually within 20 points of the GPP cash line. One mistake can, and usually does, kill you.

Meanwhile, if you can reach about 120 you’ll win 80% of your H2Hs and cash almost 100% of the time in 50/50s. A lot of the time that 120 will still be a mile from the GPP cash line. It is very easy to beat 50% of the field regularly. It’s very hard to beat 80% of the field regularly.

Also, I’ve been at this for 5 years now and only became profitable at baseball last season. It’s really hard work.

Here are some tips.

- Spend every dollar you can on a pitcher with a high floor. The only guaranteed death sentence you’ll get in DFS baseball is by screwing up your pitcher. – Start out your lineup with guys that have good match ups. Even an every day bench player can be part of your core group. – Look for teammates to stack that have positive matchups. By being safe with your pitcher you’ll already have a good cash floor. Stacking hitters allows for a good GPP ceiling. – With your last remaining spot or two, find a superstar to spend up on. I play Mike Trout somewhere every day. However, I never start a lineup with him. These players are superstars because they are talented enough to get value even in bad matchups. – Double check the weather. – Adjust your lineup before the game starts to ensure all of your hitters are hitting where you expected them to.

And then … hold onto your butt. Doing all of this every day will result in good days and bad but your bad days shouldn’t ever be total washouts if you pay up at pitcher.

Hope this helps!

Thanks a lot!

• Pick1979

Great post

• BloodGame

Any insight on whether Posey will play tonight?

• yanksfan1

@BloodGame said...

Any insight on whether Posey will play tonight?

I’d imagine the lineup is out before lock

• Conbon32

Going with an Astros/Mets/Blue jays stay and Stroman as my pitcher

• Yellowhammer12

Is there no bvp research on the site, or am I just missing it

• Lathum

Had some extra salary so I subbed out Puig for Stanton.

FML

• draggin49

Definitely not feeling good about 2 pitchers from this 4pm pst slate . Shark is highest priced and playing at probably one of the better hitter parks outside of coors. Stroman we saw what he is capable of in the WBC if he is on his game.harvey was bad last year and coming off an injury . Is he gonna be on a pitch/inning limit tonight?

• thedkexperience

@Yellowhammer12 said...

Is there no bvp research on the site, or am I just missing it

Use baseballsavant.com for that. The daily matchups section. Thank me later after you get over your mind being blown.

• Conbon32

Anybody like Wilmer Flores tonight? Can’t decide between him or Lamb

• yanksfan1

I’m not full stacking anyone tonight. Going with small D-Backs mini stack and one offs everywhere else

• Lathum

@Conbon32 said...

Anybody like Wilmer Flores tonight? Can’t decide between him or Lamb

He crushes lefties. The one AB he got Monday against one he smoked it into an out.

If the $700 savings lets you go elsewhere I say pay up, but there are some weather concerns.

• thedkexperience

@yanksfan1 said...

I’m not full stacking anyone tonight. Going with small D-Backs mini stack and one offs everywhere else

I really wish I didn’t stack a bunch of Tigers this afternoon. 6 points from Kinsler, Miggy and VMart. WTF. I also got 6 points from Alcides Escobar … so … yeah … um … #baseball.

• KindGuy

White sox stack for all the monies…….. if you picked their scrubs lol

• mbunner23

Hey, thedkexperience, check your pms.

• thedkexperience

RE: Cash Games

A little bit earlier I posted about how it’s important to always have a high floor pitcher to avoid complete disaster. Well, unfortunately I have a perfect example of why. Despite having a H2H record of 53-12 this year I took a beating this afternoon due to posting a 95. Luckily I had identified Lackey as the only pitcher I could reasonably trust to give 20-30 points. A couple of good bounces later and he puts up a 40 spot. Those points were absolutely vital in me scratching out a 12-23 afternoon. Still a garbage record but it’s way better than 0-35 which was totally in play since my hitters fell asleep today. So, instead of losing a ton, I lose about $40 and just move onto the next slate remembering that 65-35 is still a really good H2H record.

• Manyak

Will Harvey, stroman ownership be really high?

• fanturds

@Manyak said...

Will Harvey, stroman ownership be really high?

I think so.

I got some of Harvey Stroman, and some of Musgrove Stroman.

its pretty easy to fit in some great bats in good spots.

• Lathum

A Braves stack could easily take all the money

• tim51278

Anyone like a Cespedes, Wilmer, Granderson stack?

• firepimp

@tim51278 said...

Anyone like a Cespedes, Wilmer, Granderson stack?

Im actually riding with Garcia as my pitcher tonight so I don’t like any mets.

But I believe projections showed cespedes as favorable against garcia.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).