4:10 PM EST : Kansas City ( 194 ) at Cleveland ( -212 ) —- T: 7.5
    7:05 PM EST : Baltimore ( 154 ) at NY Yankees ( -167 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:05 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 102 ) at Pittsburgh ( -110 ) —- T: 8
    8:05 PM EST : Toronto ( -110 ) at Texas ( 102 ) —- T: 10
    8:10 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( -138 ) at Milwaukee ( 127 ) —- T: 9
    8:10 PM EST : San Diego ( 226 ) at Houston ( -248 ) —- T: 8.5
    10:07 PM EST : Oakland ( 131 ) at LA Angels ( -142 ) —- T: 9
    10:15 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( -141 ) at SF Giants ( 130 ) —- T: 8.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• tratow

• 2015 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

@YourWorld said...

Agreed! The snow is not coming down to hard right now too. And it’s not sticking. It is windy though.

It is windy, I work in Cherry Creek (south east of the stadium for anyone not from here) and its starting to stick outside in the park (I’m in the 11th floor of the high rise). The wind is making it like white out conditions at times.. Hope they play as I think they game will have some lost balls for sure! I couldn’t imagine trying to catch a white ball with all the white snow blowing in my face..

• eatmyturf23

It’s so quiet in here today, haha. People on pins and needles, waiting for weather clarity.

• 7klub06

@Jonas137 said...

Williams has a terrible track records against this Reds lineup, and Kenta won’t pitch, 99% chance of heavy rain in SF tonight.

Damn so stuck with Hendricks
    Thanks for the weather update

• Jonas137

SF game PPD

• Jonas137

@7klub06 said...

Damn so stuck with Hendricks
    Thanks for the weather update

Late night game officially out. Not sure the Reds game gets in either, going to be wet all game, so might take one of the only decent pitchers (Castillo) off the board too.

• keephustlincuz

@eatmyturf23 said...

It’s so quiet in here today, haha. People on pins and needles, waiting for weather clarity.

Nah.. there is a small golf tournament in georgia happening now that is taking all the attention.

• jprem24

Hard to get some decent bats in with mccullers/hendricks…thinking of mixong cc/estrada in a few just to get some bats in some lineups…angels bats open up some value

• Taterchipdip

TodayA chance of rain and snow showers before 1pm, then snow showers. Temperature falling to around 33 by 3pm. North wind 8 to 11 mph becoming east northeast in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
    TonightA 50 percent chance of snow showers before midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26. East wind 5 to 8 mph becoming light and variable after midnight. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
    SaturdayPartly sunny, with a high near 61. Calm wind becoming east northeast around 6 mph in the afternoon.

• eatmyturf23

@Taterchipdip said...

TodayA chance of rain and snow showers before 1pm, then snow showers. Temperature falling to around 33 by 3pm. North wind 8 to 11 mph becoming east northeast in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
    TonightA 50 percent chance of snow showers before midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26. East wind 5 to 8 mph becoming light and variable after midnight. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
    SaturdayPartly sunny, with a high near 61. Calm wind becoming east northeast around 6 mph in the afternoon.

Is this a one size fits all forecast? :)

• Brian7479

@7klub06 said...

Pitchers for main slate Williams, Madea and Hendricks?

Mccullers too. He’ll be chalk but might have to eat it

• 7klub06

Damn I should’ve just not played early slate

• eatmyturf23

@keephustlincuz said...

Nah.. there is a small golf tournament in georgia happening now that is taking all the attention.

haha

• 7klub06

@Brian7479 said...

Mccullers too. He’ll be chalk but might have to eat it

Shit forgot about him too. And they giving away world championship replica trophies to the fans tonight too.

• Brian7479

@7klub06 said...

Shit forgot about him too. And they giving away world championship replica trophies to the fans tonight too.

Good matchup and a -290 favorite

• JSteele

If the Rockies game gets postponed before lock? does the early slate get cancelled?

• ryshack

And if it doesn’t get PPD until after lock, does it still play with just one game?

• JSteele

@ryshack said...

And if it doesn’t get PPD until after lock, does it still play with just one game?

I think I read that it will get cancelled if it PPD after lock but i’m wondering if it gets PPD before lock does it still go with a 0 for all players from that game?

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

On DK, the rules say a PPD before lock on a two-game slate means the slate is canceled and entries are refunded. If one of the games is PPD after the first game starts, the slate carries on and players in the PPD game accrue no fantasy points.

• RandysCrow

Well if they do play the game in Colorado then I am am avoiding the Braves players as they aren’t even used to seeing the stuff so they definately wouldn’t be interested in performing in the game.

Perhaps I will go with Marquez for the early slate.

• MrNastyTime91

@Epignosis said...

On DK, the rules say a PPD before lock on a two-game slate means the slate is canceled and entries are refunded. If one of the games is PPD after the first game starts, the slate carries on and players in the PPD game accrue no fantasy points.

I don’t think this rule applies to a two game slate. If one game is PPD on a two game slate I believe that slate is canceled and all entries are refunded. I could be wrong.

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

@MrNastyTime91 said...

I don’t think this rule applies to a two game slate. If one game is PPD on a two game slate I believe that slate is canceled and all entries are refunded. I could be wrong.

From the rule book:

“Example: If a Game Set includes two games at 8pm ET and 10:30pm ET respectively, and the 10:30pm ET game is officially postponed at 6pm ET then all contests for that Game Set are canceled and refunded. If the 10:30pm ET game was not officially postponed until after 8pm ET then contests for that Game Set are not canceled and are played out using only the one active game.”

• JSteele

@Epignosis said...

From the rule book:

“Example: If a Game Set includes two games at 8pm ET and 10:30pm ET respectively, and the 10:30pm ET game is officially postponed at 6pm ET then all contests for that Game Set are canceled and refunded. If the 10:30pm ET game was not officially postponed until after 8pm ET then contests for that Game Set are not canceled and are played out using only the one active game.”

Thanks

• RandysCrow

FD support just told me that if it is only a two game slate and one game gets PPD, no matter when, the slate is cancelled and entry fees are refunded. So there has to be at least two games being played. So if two games get cancelled on a three game slate, the slate would get cancelled as well.

• jprem24

@Epignosis said...

From the rule book:

so if this is the case, it might be best to go with all hitters from cle/kc, and the two pitchers……but dk makes you take one player from the other game?….hmmm…

• FFguru71

Why is it seemingly so much harder to be contrarian in baseball, then it is with football for sure?? I don’t get it, I usually don’t read an articles by the touts to know who others might be in on, I do my own research and bam, I end up on high owned guys all the time, when I am honestly thinking to myself..okay these guys/this stack will be low owned, no reason it won’t be..and then it’s not. I don’t get it. It seems like you can ONLY be contrarian in baseball if you essentially do something seemingly stupid and hope it works out.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.