4:05 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( 0 ) at San Francisco ( 0 ) —- T: —
    4:10 PM EST : Toronto ( 174 ) at Cleveland ( -189 ) —- T: 7.5
    7:05 PM EST : NY Yankees ( -171 ) at Baltimore ( 158 ) —- T: 8
    7:10 PM EST : Oakland ( 140 ) at Houston ( -151 ) —- T: 9
    7:10 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( 107 ) at Milwaukee ( -116 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:20 PM EST : Miami ( 145 ) at Atlanta ( -157 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:10 PM EST : Boston ( -133 ) at Arizona ( 123 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:10 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( -134 ) at Colorado ( 124 ) —- T: 10.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• superjon

Any reason to not play a Whitesox stack?

• MikeGoodness

If you stack the Whitesox world is going to end, so don’t do it.

• Jeddy3

Think Michael Piñata will get a longer leash today? Phillies have power, but they also have a lot of strikes outs in that lineup.

• Njsum1

@Jeddy3 said...

Think Michael Piñata will get a longer leash today? Phillies have power, but they also have a lot of strikes outs in that lineup.

As a one off if you make multiple lineups, sure you can give him a go.

If you’re asking if he’s a good play, and I hesitate to answer cause it’s mlb, and even with pitching, variance is massive, the answer is no. He’s a poor play. He’s a poor play because we dont know if he’ll get more than 4 innings. So even if he pitches well you might still not get a win. He’s a poor play because he’s always been prone to the long ball, and the Phillies can hit homers. He’s a bad play because he’s a -150 in a hitters park. I’d wait to see if they do let him throw more pitches. Just a bad play…imo.

…and for all the reasons I just said he’s a bad play, that also makes him a good play. Variance is king in mlb, no one is going to play him. so if by chance they do Stretch him out today, and he’s racks up the K’s, you’d get a big performance at a good price and at low ownership.

• Taterchipdip

Early slate Williams/Arrieta for pitchers

• mr_papageorgio

That Pirates lineup today…

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@mr_papageorgio said...

Wish I had faith in Roark. I had no intention of using him, but after seeing that line up…

• Njsum1

@Pandamonious said...

Wish I had faith in Roark. I had no intention of using him, but after seeing that line up…

Just made a Roark lineup 🤷‍♂️

• mr_papageorgio

@Pandamonious said...

Yeah I really don’t want to play him but I think I have to against a high school lineup.

• CatzWorld

@Pandamonious said...

50 lineups all braves stacks

• CatzWorld

@Pandamonious said...

Pm me a lineup for tonight slate please

• Pandamonious

@CatzWorld said...

Pm me a lineup for tonight slate please

Tonight? Wright/Miley BRAVES.

• feekdogg

@Jeddy3 said...

They’re going to baby him, but Odorizzi didn’t get out of the 1st yesterday, so that might influence the decision to let him go longer.

• CatzWorld

@Pandamonious said...

Tonight? Wright/Miley BRAVES.

• cjs5555

@Njsum1 said...

As a one off if you make multiple lineups, sure you can give him a go.

If you’re asking if he’s a good play, and I hesitate to answer cause it’s mlb, and even with pitching, variance is massive, the answer is no. He’s a poor play. He’s a poor play because we dont know if he’ll get more than 4 innings. So even if he pitches well you might still not get a win. He’s a poor play because he’s always been prone to the long ball, and the Phillies can hit homers. He’s a bad play because he’s a -150 in a hitters park. I’d wait to see if they do let him throw more pitches. Just a bad play…imo.

…and for all the reasons I just said he’s a bad play, that also makes him a good play. Variance is king in mlb, no one is going to play him. so if by chance they do Stretch him out today, and he’s racks up the K’s, you’d get a big performance at a good price and at low ownership.

the thing that scares me off him…yes, he threw 4 innings vs. CLE (in bad hitting weather) but only 40 pitches. Let’s say MIN lets him go 50-60 pitches today, that might not even get him to 4 IP since the average # pitches per inning is something like 17-18 over the past year or so. Hard to pay $7200 for that on DK….if he were the cheapest starter on the slate maybe I’d try, but I’m more inclined to give Roark, Giolito or even Lopez a try because of the limit on Pineda’s ceilng

• Giez

DRAFT – 4/6

1st pick: Betts, Bellinger, Harper or Trout?

• depalma13

@mr_papageorgio said...

That’s the Pirates lineup everyday.

• monarch

I’m gonna do that picking a non starter at catcher thing to get in the other guys I want.

• mbunner23

All aboard the Giolito death train.

• NYGfan1983

@CatzWorld said...

50 lineups all braves stacks

lol i too been on the braves

lets go

• noddy

I’m at work and can’t check. Any weather problems anywhere for early slate?

• mrmogz

@noddy said...

I’m at work and can’t check. Any weather problems anywhere for early slate?

Nah, you’re good.

• noddy

@mrmogz said...

Nah, you’re good.

Thank you very much

• Sportsfan100

Question: This is my first year of dfs baseball. Been doing NBA and NFL for years and, more recently, golf and NHL. So far I’m off to a good start due to lucking into a $450+ night last week :)
    My question. Do any of you ever play a lu that’s nearly the opposite of your main lu just in case you’re way off base (pun intended) on your initial thinking? I’m trying this today with a single bullet. Curious if I’m just throwing money away or making a wise hedge. Thanks!

Edit: The $450+ night was actually $380 + $87 in tickets from satellites.

• Pandamonious

@Sportsfan100 said...

Question: This is my first year of dfs baseball. Been doing NBA and NFL for years and, more recently, golf and NHL. So far I’m off to a good start due to lucking into a $450+ night last week :)
    My question. Do any of you ever play a lu that’s nearly the opposite of your main lu just in case you’re way off base (pun intended) on your initial thinking? I’m trying this today with a single bullet. Curious if I’m just throwing money away or making a wise hedge. Thanks!

Edit: The $450+ night was actually $380 + $87 in tickets from satellites.

Depends on how many line ups you’re making to me. If you have 20 line ups and went 50% or more on a specific pitcher I don’t think it’s a bad idea to use 1 of those 20 to do a stack against that pitcher. I don’t think it’s a must do or anything.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).