4:05 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( 0 ) at San Francisco ( 0 ) —- T: —
    4:10 PM EST : Toronto ( 174 ) at Cleveland ( -189 ) —- T: 7.5
    7:05 PM EST : NY Yankees ( -171 ) at Baltimore ( 158 ) —- T: 8
    7:10 PM EST : Oakland ( 140 ) at Houston ( -151 ) —- T: 9
    7:10 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( 107 ) at Milwaukee ( -116 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:20 PM EST : Miami ( 145 ) at Atlanta ( -157 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:10 PM EST : Boston ( -133 ) at Arizona ( 123 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:10 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( -134 ) at Colorado ( 124 ) —- T: 10.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• cjs5555

@Sportsfan100 said...

My question. Do any of you ever play a lu that’s nearly the opposite of your main lu just in case you’re way off base (pun intended) on your initial thinking? I’m trying this today with a single bullet. Curious if I’m just throwing money away or making a wise hedge. Thanks!

I used to do that here and there but can’t remember the last time I purposely hedged a pitcher I am heavy on by stacking against him; it’s negative EV over the long run but could certainly help salvage an individual day or slate. Generally if I’m not feeling it from a pitching perspective, I’m going to reduce exposure to that player and/or reduce entries in that slate

• Tcbaseballfan

Stacking Phillies 2-4 and arrietta so I should be happy with the outcome of the game if it hits or Twins win!

• CatzWorld

@NYGfan1983 said...

lol i too been on the braves

lets go

• Sportsfan100

@Pandamonious said...

Depends on how many line ups you’re making to me. If you have 20 line ups and went 50% or more on a specific pitcher I don’t think it’s a bad idea to use 1 of those 20 to do a stack against that pitcher. I don’t think it’s a must do or anything.

Thanks. I usually do 3 lus, give or take. In this situation I went a bit heavier than I usually do, so I did the smaller (10%) hedge. Probably because I don’t have as much knowledge and confidence in MLB as other sports, but I’m working on it lol

• Sportsfan100

@cjs5555 said...

I used to do that here and there but can’t remember the last time I purposely hedged a pitcher I am heavy on by stacking against him; it’s negative EV over the long run but could certainly help salvage an individual day or slate. Generally if I’m not feeling it from a pitching perspective, I’m going to reduce exposure to that player and/or reduce entries in that slate

The situation was exposure to Pineda. After reading some of the comments on this thread I started getting second thoughts. I got caught up in researching stats and missed the obvious. Thanks for responding.

• noddy

Stupid Coors is on tonight’s slate

• CatzWorld

@noddy said...

Stupid Coors is on tonight’s slate

• maibockaddict

Has anyone noticed that on DK it has become impossible to build a decent stack lineup without punting a pitcher or two? Most of the scrubs that you don’t even want to play are in the 35-3700 range. There used to be multiple cheap catchers priced below 3K and now there may be one at 3200 and all the rest 3500 or more. Most scrubs at all positions seem to be priced above 3500 making a punt impossible. Stacking a decent team’s bottom of the order requires over 4K per hitter. I remember last year being able to play around with paying 11-12K for both pitchers and having enough low priced guys to have a little fun, and now it is impossible.

thoughts?

• cjs5555

@maibockaddict said...

Has anyone noticed that on DK it has become impossible to build a decent stack lineup without punting a pitcher or two? Most of the scrubs that you don’t even want to play are in the 35-3700 range. There used to be multiple cheap catchers priced below 3K and now there may be one at 3200 and all the rest 3500 or more. Most scrubs at all positions seem to be priced above 3500 making a punt impossible. Stacking a decent team’s bottom of the order requires over 4K per hitter. I remember last year being able to play around with paying 11-12K for both pitchers and having enough low priced guys to have a little fun, and now it is impossible.

thoughts?

yep, it stinks. they’ve reduced the optionality in lineup building by tightening the pricing to the benefit of max entry players
    this started a year ago

• TimmerRC

Why was Matt Moore pulled?

• AngryVic

Moore pulled a hamstring i think they said.

• Southie777

Somehow ended up on the night last night, despite liking the Pirates way too much. (Thanks, D-Backs, for embarrassing my Sox!) Looking at that lineup for the Pirates today, I want to punch yesterday me in the nuts for stacking them last night. So, of course, this being baseball, the Pirates will throw up double digits today. All about Corbin and the Twinkies in the early slate!

• Southie777

@maibockaddict said...

thoughts?

I have noticed this, pricing much tighter. I don’t mind as much, because I very rarely ever spend up for two SP’s, anyways. But, yes, much tougher, if that is your usual strategy!

• maibockaddict

@cjs5555 said...

yep, it stinks. they’ve reduced the optionality in lineup building by tightening the pricing to the benefit of max entry players
    this started a year ago

How does this benefit the 150 entry guys? It seems like there are way less combinations when there are only a few cheap batters to slot in with expensive pitchers making the high price pitcher combo basically the same as any player that makes up such a line up. Funny….the only two outfielders in tonight’s slate priced at 3600 are adam jones and rosell herrera, if they are in their lineups. No one is cheaper than that, and most of the outfielders are at least $4K or way more

• TheWeeIceMan

Forgot how bad Roark is.

• StanHalen

@cjs5555 said...

this started a year ago

I like the tighter pricing. It forces you to make more decisions and with a lot of players in the same price range, I think you can get players at a lower ownership percentage. The caveat is that I generally don’t play entries in the large tourneys where you have a ton of max entry players. I can see where that would put someone at a disadvantage if you were entering 10 lineups and someone else is entering 150, but in single entry or 3-max, I don’t think it’s an issue at all.

• Southie777

@TheWeeIceMan said...

Forgot how bad Roark is.

Yep, unfortunately, I did, too.

• CatzWorld

@Southie777 said...

Somehow ended up on the night last night, despite liking the Pirates way too much. (Thanks, D-Backs, for embarrassing my Sox!) Looking at that lineup for the Pirates today, I want to punch yesterday me in the nuts for stacking them last night. So, of course, this being baseball, the Pirates will throw up double digits today. All about Corbin and the Twinkies in the early slate!

• Southie777

@StanHalen said...

I like the tighter pricing. It forces you to make more decisions and with a lot of players in the same price range, I think you can get players at a lower ownership percentage. The caveat is that I generally don’t play entries in the large tourneys where you have a tone of max entry players. I can see where that would put someone at a disadvantage if you were entering 10 lineups and someone else is entering 150, but in single entry or 3-max, I don’t think it’s an issue at all.

Kind of agree, I generally play the Four Seamer or other 20 Entry Max tourneys and on decent-sized slates, I don’t mind it.

• Southie777

@CatzWorld said...

?

• damionismyname

@TheWeeIceMan said...

Forgot how bad Roark is.

he’s very bad. cant even get these guys out. smh

• Southie777

• Southie777

I think that’s the first time I’ve ever been helped by a replay in baseball. Come on, Roark, new lease on life, get your shit together.

• cjs5555

@maibockaddict said...

How does this benefit the 150 entry guys? It seems like there are way less combinations when there are only a few cheap batters to slot in with expensive pitchers making the high price pitcher combo basically the same as any player that makes up such a line up. Funny….the only two outfielders in tonight’s slate priced at 3600 are adam jones and rosell herrera, if they are in their lineups. No one is cheaper than that, and most of the outfielders are at least $4K or way more

if you’re max entering and there are fewer viable combinations then you have a higher probability of getting close to the optimal lineup.

• CatzWorld

@Southie777 said...

?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).