3:35 PM EST : Chi Sox ( 104 ) at Oakland ( -113 ) —- T: 8.5
    4:05 PM EST : Houston ( 111 ) at NY Yankees ( -120 ) —- T: 8
    4:05 PM EST : Miami ( 128 ) at Washington ( -139 ) —- T: 8
    4:35 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( 104 ) at SF Giants ( -112 ) —- T: 7.5
    6:10 PM EST : Boston ( 125 ) at Cleveland ( -135 ) —- T: 7.5
    7:05 PM EST : Minnesota ( 121 ) at Baltimore ( -131 ) —- T: 8.5
    9:40 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( -143 ) at Arizona ( 132 ) —- T: 9
    10:05 PM EST : Texas ( 111 ) at LA Angels ( -120 ) —- T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• ElSlappo

How can I choose between all these stud pitchers??

• Nickj2306

I am pretty new to baseball but I use rotowire for starting lineups and it looks like 4 games in the northeast have 50%+ chance of rain. What are you guys who play regularly doing since that is more then half of the afternoon slate

• MikeSos760

@Nickj2306 said...

I am pretty new to baseball but I use rotowire for starting lineups and it looks like 4 games in the northeast have 50%+ chance of rain. What are you guys who play regularly doing since that is more then half of the afternoon slate

Playing one lineup in the $1 dollar single entry for the morning slate and the late slate on FD. The pitcher choices are terrible and then the weather for half of the games is gruesome. Not going to waste much time on this slate.

• JaysFan9293

Ya tough one today with rain and bottom of the rotation starters.

• kmart35

Happy Master’s day! Finally started now Fantasy Sports Radio will be back to focusing on baseball

• rimfire24

Roth is going to be a busy man today it looks like.

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #42

RG Tiered Ranking

After a good day yesterday, between pitching choices and rain, I think it’s a light day and focus on NHL while watching the Masters.

• lastcallcasualty

I think fantasy baseball is pretty much just a crap shoot. Pick a stud pitcher, pick some low priced guys that are in the lineup and pray. There is no strategy at all to this.

• kasper

@lastcallcasualty said...

I think fantasy baseball is pretty much just a crap shoot. Pick a stud pitcher, pick some low priced guys that are in the lineup and pray. There is no strategy at all to this.

lol

• kmart35

100% false

• kmart35

There is no strategy at all to this.

Why were so many players all over Donaldson, Cano, Story yesterday? There’s luck involved in any Daily Fantasy Sport but if you want to blindly pick your players you’re going to have a very tough time

• mannmicj

LMAO. Keep telling yourself that and you will never get better. MLB is my most profitable DFS sport, because there IS STRATEGY and predictability within all this great variance. Embrace the variance. It won’t happen over night, MLB is just a big math problem that we are trying to solve each and every night. Good luck moving forward.

• Authentk

@mannmicj said...

LMAO. Keep telling yourself that and you will never get better. MLB is my most profitable DFS sport, because there IS STRATEGY and predictability within all this great variance. Embrace the variance. It won’t happen over night, MLB is just a big math problem that we are trying to solve each and every night. Good luck moving forward.

As a new player to DFS baseball but long time follower of baseball could you elaborate a little more on the math involved? I have played the last 3 days of DFS baseball and have cashed 2 of those days but I would like to get better.

• thedkexperience

Oddly enough I’ve had much more success this year not using math. Haha. Go figure. You can put together a winning 50-50 LU just using Vegas over unders.

• feekdogg

Please delete this post. If an Attorney General reads this, we’re all toast.

• nta87

Alot of the big winners yesterday stacked the hou nyy game simply cuz balls fly out of the park in Yankees stadium especially right field. These players that did that and won big money knew that and used that tool to build their lu. That’s just one example of this game not being pure luck.

• jokah03

Pitching and weather is ugly. Sounds like cold and snow possibly in Cleveland. I want to roll out Salazar too..also looking at Santiago tonight or evoldi. Nobody looks that great at pitcher though.

• nta87

@jokah03 said...

Pitching and weather is ugly. Sounds like cold and snow possibly in Cleveland. I want to roll out Salazar too..also looking at Santiago tonight or evoldi. Nobody looks that great at pitcher though.

I will def not be playing the all day slate, probably the midday one tho… Are there no 1 dollar gpps running during the daily slates on fd? The smallest ones I always see are two dollars

• ElSlappo

Watch out for the Cleveland game, they may wuss out and PPD because their tootsies are too chilly like Opening Day. I’m not bitter.

• jshackmann

Not playing at all today, the weather is just too ugly

• actingnurse

That was pretty much my take on NBA… pick a couple of big names and pray the rest dont show snowflakes. Didn’t get dfs NBA at allllllll….

• tarheelsrule44

I live in the DC area. I’m pretty sure the Nats game will be PPD. Baltimore may just be delayed till 9pm or so.

• B_Heals152

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #8

RG Tiered Ranking

This may go on to be one of the ugliest slates throughout the entire year because of 3 major factors.
    1. Salazar is the only stud pitcher on the entire slate. Keep in mind, there is a chance of snow in CLE and he’s facing the BoSox
    2. There’s a threat of rain in 4-6 games.
    3. The layout today is atrocious. There’s only 3 games on the main slate at night. There’s a medium slate in the middle at 3:30. Finally, an all day slate starting around noon, but who could feel comfortable locking in a lineup at this point in the day?
    The only given today is using a Cubs stack. Other then that, tough sledding for now.

• thedkexperience

@actingnurse said...

That was pretty much my take on NBA… pick a couple of big names and pray the rest dont show snowflakes. Didn’t get dfs NBA at allllllll….

NBA DFS is different because the floor is so much higher. A 50:50 can be won by 350 but last place might be 250. It’s a very tight gap. Baseball, conversely has the winner of a 50:50 around 200 with the last place being like 50 points. Pardon the pun but baseball has a much higher “swing and miss” percentage than NBA. Personally I avoid NBA cash games like the plague but have been cashing MLB ones at a ridiculously high rate so far.

• thedkexperience

I also think that the general rule of stack in GPPs but not in cash is backwards. I’m looking for 60:60:60 most slates. 60 from my SP, and 60 each from 2 4 man stacks. If I can hit 2/3 then 120 will put me safely in the cash area on 50:50s.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler