3:35 PM EST : Chi Sox ( 104 ) at Oakland ( -113 ) —- T: 8.5
    4:05 PM EST : Houston ( 111 ) at NY Yankees ( -120 ) —- T: 8
    4:05 PM EST : Miami ( 128 ) at Washington ( -139 ) —- T: 8
    4:35 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( 104 ) at SF Giants ( -112 ) —- T: 7.5
    6:10 PM EST : Boston ( 125 ) at Cleveland ( -135 ) —- T: 7.5
    7:05 PM EST : Minnesota ( 121 ) at Baltimore ( -131 ) —- T: 8.5
    9:40 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( -143 ) at Arizona ( 132 ) —- T: 9
    10:05 PM EST : Texas ( 111 ) at LA Angels ( -120 ) —- T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• bighop04

@thedkexperience said...

I also think that the general rule of stack in GPPs but not in cash is backwards. I’m looking for 60:60:60 most slates. 60 from my SP, and 60 each from 2 4 man stacks. If I can hit 2/3 then 120 will put me safely in the cash area on 50:50s.

I have never heard that before but like the theory of it.

• kmart35

Pitching today is awful.. Staying away from Salazar, could get rained out or delayed I think Ubaldo could put up huge strikeout numbers, thinking Ubaldo & Roark/Wood which leaves tons of room for stud hitters

• TheRyanFlaherty

@nta87 said...

I will def not be playing the all day slate, probably the midday one tho… Are there no 1 dollar gpps running during the daily slates on fd? The smallest ones I always see are two dollars

I’m in a $1 for the afternoon slate that’s already filled. So there’s def. one there, could be the case in the all day as well, because the $1 I’m in is NHL type small (under 5,000k).
    I’d keep checking the lobbies. With the weather outlook I’m not even sure I want to play a $1. I’m sure people who reserved entries (especially multiple) will be dropping them throughout the morning/afternoon.

On another topic in the thread – I get frustrated by the posts too, but I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s a waste of time to argue in the forum about the skill involved.
    The fact that someone thinks it’s primarily chance/luck is the reason that person is not a successful player. For you to try to explain otherwise is an attempt to force them to process information in a way their brain doesn’t inherently comprehend. And when you can’t rationalize something you differ to the random chance argument.
    And while that may sound harsh, the amount of people that don’t process the information correctly is the majority, so it’s not a flaw…it’s just the truth.
    And someone great at DFS may struggle at something else and think it’s governed by chance or an inherent gift, whatever.

It would be like if I didn’t understand complex math and said it was nonsense and you tried to explain it and prove it’s worth by showing me the complex math.
    My view isn’t going to change. You should be happy you do understand something complex and you’re time’s probably better spent working on said complex discipline.

• thedkexperience

@bighop04 said...

I have never heard that before but like the theory of it.

You’re gonna end up with lots of scores like 3, 9, 36, 18, 0, 21, 24, 9 but if you can just average out to 15 a spot you’re golden. I may never win a GPP but it’s not rocket science to load up on 1-4 hitters from a game with a 9 run over under.

• BBROCK

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #24

RG Tiered Ranking

Lackey looks like for me the pitcher I gotta go with

• kmart35

What’s up with DK not updating game logs?

• Daybo

This slate with the weather looks ugly and challenging, but for me I’m ready to tackle it. I feel like its a huge edge today for people who do play smart this main slate cause there’s gonna be a lot of nubs putting in players from bad weather games.

• thedkexperience

@thedkexperience said...

You’re gonna end up with lots of scores like 3, 9, 36, 18, 0, 21, 24, 9 but if you can just average out to 15 a spot you’re golden. I may never win a GPP but it’s not rocket science to load up on 1-4 hitters from a game with a 9 run over under.

One more thing, my lowest score this year is 99 with my highest being 183. I’ve cashed on 100% of my 50:50s though, only throwing up an egg on the opening night GPP.

• Wrightime

Trout will get a hit soon, just my guess :)

• Barnold89

I like Conley in Miami. Even with the weather. All the other guys are bottom of the rotation starters, Conley shows promise and can pay off decent in gpp. Cheap pitcher leaves room for proven sluggers

• bigticket

bad slate/bad weather/awkward game start times = less predictability. Yeah its one of those sit out days, recharge, and get ready for the weekend games. No sense for me anyways risking a % of the bankroll with all the uncertainty that lies ahead today.

• Olhausen

@lastcallcasualty said...

I think fantasy baseball is pretty much just a crap shoot. Pick a stud pitcher, pick some low priced guys that are in the lineup and pray. There is no strategy at all to this.

Says the person who never wins.

• StanHalen

Do most players closely follow the weather for each game? I thought the potential for rain in Atlanta yesterday would lower ownership significantly on the Nats, but from what I saw they were still highly owned. I entered a couple low dollar GPP’s with a Nats stack at the last minute because I checked the weather updates and the rain was expected to miss the ballpark, where earlier in the day it looked bad. So was the crowd lucky or savvy?

• Fantasytrending

Football guy here….In January, I Felt the same way about NBA. But after two months of studying- finally took down a 1 dollar gpp for a cool 2k. Hoping the same happens for baseball but so far my 90-150 scores havent been exactly taking home the big bucks(fanduel). The point is that its only been 3 days and some of you are ready to throw in the towel? Don’t be a sore loser- don’t be dumb with your bankroll- and maybe if you WORK hard you’ll see a nice ROI!

• fordracingga

Was the Phi/Cincy game not on the all day slate for DK?
    It wasn’t showing for me. Arcade and Solo shot all start at 3:35est.

• Daybo

People are talking about how bad this main slate is gonna be, and fading it and such. Maybe I just have big balls but I’m feeling really good about my lineups.

• Fortyoz40

@kmart35 said...

What’s up with DK not updating game logs?

Same issue last year. It took them a few weeks to update if I remember correctly.

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #54

RG Tiered Ranking

Finally got around to entering a couple lus and did the last all day mini squeeze which only filled 489/588. Avoided the high risk games. Hope we have better feel in a couple.

Alonso 1% owned and is 6 for 8 lifetime was Latos. Not a lot of abs but could be a nice cheap punt.

• vet0307

Yanks weather is good from 7 to 10 so might be a delay until then like the BAL game was.

• nta87

I just have a general question… Do you or does anyone ever roster hitters from the team that is facing your pitcher????? New to MLB dfs…. Would like to know about this…..

• nta87

@vet0307 said...

Yanks weather is good from 7 to 10 so might be a delay until then like the BAL game was.

I’m from the NYC area and it’s been raining since this morning and it’s really picked up on the past half hr

• Olhausen

@Fantasytrending said...

Football guy here….In January, I Felt the same way about NBA. But after two months of studying- finally took down a 1 dollar gpp for a cool 2k. Hoping the same happens for baseball but so far my 90-150 scores havent been exactly taking home the big bucks(fanduel). The point is that its only been 3 days and some of you are ready to throw in the towel? Don’t be a sore loser- don’t be dumb with your bankroll- and maybe if you WORK hard you’ll see a nice ROI!

+1 last year was my first year playing fantasy baseball or any sport for that matter. I sucked in the beginning but I studied my ass off and looked at the winning lineup’s every night as I still do. I even started a blog about how frustrated I was but I never gave up or said it was luck. I have now taken down the solo shot a few times and have made a good chunk of change off baseball. I get so mad when people come on here and say it’s luck because I as many others who work hard at it know that it’s not true. People who are lazy and looking for hand outs are the ones who call it all luck. They are the ones that cry foul and complain about the people who mass multi enter and say it’s not fair. I only do 10-15 lineup’s a night at most and I’ve had no problems as I just took 9th in the solo shot last night. So quit bitching and complaining and start figuring out what you can do to get better.

• vet0307

@nta87 said...

I’m from the NYC area and it’s been raining since this morning and it’s really picked up on the past half hr

Lol ok nvm, thnks

• vet0307

My problem is i have the right teams when stacking, just the wrong players lol dont know how i manage that but i do. Last night i took LAD in the late, i had the same teams as 1st just didnt stack enough LAD

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #54

RG Tiered Ranking

@nta87 said...

Plus it is get away day. They don’t usually wait long on these Thursday games

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler