3:35 PM EST : Chi Sox ( 104 ) at Oakland ( -113 ) —- T: 8.5
    4:05 PM EST : Houston ( 111 ) at NY Yankees ( -120 ) —- T: 8
    4:05 PM EST : Miami ( 128 ) at Washington ( -139 ) —- T: 8
    4:35 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( 104 ) at SF Giants ( -112 ) —- T: 7.5
    6:10 PM EST : Boston ( 125 ) at Cleveland ( -135 ) —- T: 7.5
    7:05 PM EST : Minnesota ( 121 ) at Baltimore ( -131 ) —- T: 8.5
    9:40 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( -143 ) at Arizona ( 132 ) —- T: 9
    10:05 PM EST : Texas ( 111 ) at LA Angels ( -120 ) —- T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• nta87

@nta87 said...

I just have a general question… Do you or does anyone ever roster hitters from the team that is facing your pitcher????? New to MLB dfs…. Would like to know about this…..

?????

• kmart35

@Olhausen said...

+1 last year was my first year playing fantasy baseball or any sport for that matter. I sucked in the beginning but I studied my ass off and looked at the winning lineup’s every night as I still do. I even started a blog about how frustrated I was but I never gave up or said it was luck. I have now taken down the solo shot a few times and have made a good chunk of change off baseball. I get so mad when people come on here and say it’s luck because I as many others who work hard at it know that it’s not true. People who are lazy and looking for hand outs are the ones who call it all luck. They are the ones that cry foul and complain about the people who mass multi enter and say it’s not fair. I only do 10-15 lineup’s a night at most and I’ve had no problems as I just took 9th in the solo shot last night. So quit bitching and complaining and start figuring out what you can do to get better.

What kind of scores do you need to take down GPPs? I play cash almost exclusively and have come top 50 in the BIG double ups with scores around 170 in DK

• bighop04

200+ to take a gpp

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #42

RG Tiered Ranking

@nta87 said...

I just have a general question… Do you or does anyone ever roster hitters from the team that is facing your pitcher????? New to MLB dfs…. Would like to know about this…..

I imagine I have but can’t recall the most recent example. It likely was a one off or a cheap punt like a spot start batting up in the lu or on a small slate.

• bighop04

@nta87 said...

In cash you can roster one in gpp i prefer to never to never do it unless its like dee gordon and im going for sb. I have seen some top pros do it in gpp though with one guy. I forget who it was but saw lester and trout in their lineup the other day

• tarheelsrule44

@nta87 said...

It’s usually a no-no, kind of like playing a QB against your starting Defense in football. I wouldn’t pick more than one, and just hope you picked the right guy. The other scenario that would work, would be your SP holds everyone scoreless through 6, then the RP comes in and shits the bed allowing those hitters to go off.

But again, it’s not really a good idea imo.

• lloydjv1

@Fantasytrending said...

Football guy here….In January, I Felt the same way about NBA. But after two months of studying- finally took down a 1 dollar gpp for a cool 2k. Hoping the same happens for baseball but so far my 90-150 scores havent been exactly taking home the big bucks(fanduel). The point is that its only been 3 days and some of you are ready to throw in the towel? Don’t be a sore loser- don’t be dumb with your bankroll- and maybe if you WORK hard you’ll see a nice ROI!

That’s why its called grinding. Every day can be one in DFS, but indeed some of it does become nature to you when you stick with it.

• thedkexperience

@nta87 said...

Don’t do that ever.

• kmart35

@bighop04 said...

200+ to take a gpp

I’ve never seen 200+ in draftkings

EDIT: Went through some of my recent games and 200+ ( less than 210 ) have been top spot in the giant double ups

• nta87

Ty for all the advice to my question

• rsquier

@nta87 said...

I think it can be okay if you think that the starter is only going to pitch say 5 or 6 innings and is backed by a weak bullpen. The Phillies-Reds game the other day is an example of where it could have worked. Hellickson pitched a strong 6 innings I believe and then the Phillies bullpen gave up 5 runs. So if you used hellickson with the right Reds hitters you would have been okay.

• thedkexperience

@nta87 said...

Ty for all the advice to my question

No problem. I could see doing it for 1 guy in a short slate but anything past that is a bad idea, and it’s not a great one even in that short slate.

It’s simplistic but we’re really playing a game of guess the homerun hitter and guess the pitcher who throws a shut out. Can’t throw a shutout if you’re giving up homers.

• thedkexperience

@rsquier said...

I think it can be okay if you think that the starter is only going to pitch say 5 or 6 innings and is backed by a weak bullpen. The Phillies-Reds game the other day is an example of where it could have worked. Hellickson pitched a strong 6 innings I believe and then the Phillies bullpen gave up 5 runs. So if you used hellickson with the right Reds hitters you would have been okay.

That’s a good example. The Phillies bullpen is a tire fire right now. I kinda want to go and throat punch the “experts” who screamed about how great an idea it was to trade our closer.

• Jaredmlevitt

@nta87 said...

Don’t do it.

Example:

Trout Homers tonight vs. Holland.

Homer is essentially worth 12 points.

Pitcher giving up a hit and a run is -2.6 points.

You’re homer is now only worth 9.4 points.

If you really love a batter enough, don’t take the pitcher he is facing. Or vice versa. It’s just not an efficient way to build a team.

• Jaredmlevitt

@thedkexperience said...

That’s a good example. The Phillies bullpen is a tire fire right now. I kinda want to go and throat punch the “experts” who screamed about how great an idea it was to trade our closer.

Philly isn’t winning anything this year with Rosenthal, Familia, Giles, Eckersley, Smoltz, etc. Trading Giles was needed and you got a great haul. It’s gonna be a frustrating year for you Phillies fans, but coming from a Mets fan you guys are built well for the future.

• nta87

I’m not talking any risks at all during the midday slate and loaded up on sfg and Los players

• thedkexperience

@Jaredmlevitt said...

Philly isn’t winning anything this year with Rosenthal, Familia, Giles, Eckersley, Smoltz, etc. Trading Giles was needed and you got a great haul. It’s gonna be a frustrating year for you Phillies fans, but coming from a Mets fan you guys are built well for the future.

You’re totally right. I’m just really tired of “Trusting The Process”. Haha.

• mrpata

@thedkexperience said...

Ask Cubs & Astros fans how they felt in 2013

• Jaredmlevitt

@thedkexperience said...

I get it. I really do. Mets sucked for years but Alderson kept saying we were close and in hindsight, we really were. They restocked the farms, saved money and now have a great team. It sucks, but be patient.

• thedkexperience

@Jaredmlevitt said...

I get it. I really do. Mets sucked for years but Alderson kept saying we were close and in hindsight, we really were. They restocked the farms, saved money and now have a great team. It sucks, but be patient.

I’m a Sixers fan too. My patience knows no bounds at this point! Haha. I really liked Giles though. Just miss him throwing 100mph darts.

• Jaredmlevitt

@mrpata said...

Ask Cubs & Astros fans how they felt in 2013

As a fan, it sucks having to be patient but Cubs and Astros are 2 great teams now and will be for several years because they were built correctly.

• mbunner23

Best cash game pitchers?

• JNeal916

No its generally not a good idea. I could see maybe one player against your pitcher but even that could blow up because any production he has, are negative points for your pitcher. So basically any production from the hitter will be negated by the points your pitcher is losing.

• Tanner131

Do you guys think the nationals game will play?

• tarheelsrule44

@Tanner131 said...

Do you guys think the nationals game will play?

I’m about 20 min from the stadium and the sun just peaked out, but they’re calling for more showers later today. I don’t think it’ll play, but don’t blame me if they do!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler