3:35 PM EST : Chi Sox ( 104 ) at Oakland ( -113 ) —- T: 8.5
    4:05 PM EST : Houston ( 111 ) at NY Yankees ( -120 ) —- T: 8
    4:05 PM EST : Miami ( 128 ) at Washington ( -139 ) —- T: 8
    4:35 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( 104 ) at SF Giants ( -112 ) —- T: 7.5
    6:10 PM EST : Boston ( 125 ) at Cleveland ( -135 ) —- T: 7.5
    7:05 PM EST : Minnesota ( 121 ) at Baltimore ( -131 ) —- T: 8.5
    9:40 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( -143 ) at Arizona ( 132 ) —- T: 9
    10:05 PM EST : Texas ( 111 ) at LA Angels ( -120 ) —- T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• Tanner131

@tarheelsrule44 said...

I’m about 20 min from the stadium and the sun just peaked out, but they’re calling for more showers later today. I don’t think it’ll play, but don’t blame me if they do!

Thanks!

• nta87

You think it is a good strategy to be safe and go w sfg and Los players? And what do you guys think about Mat Satos?

• kmart35

I wish the Reds game was on DK today… Jay Bruce was my #1 pick for today

• kmart35

@nta87 said...

You think it is a good strategy to be safe and go w sfg and Los players? And what do you guys think about Mat Satos?

Cash yes. GPPs could be won by taking a game with high rain%

• Olhausen

@kmart35 said...

I’ve never seen 200+ in draftkings

EDIT: Went through some of my recent games and 200+ ( less than 210 ) have been top spot in the giant double ups

Almost always over 200 to take down a Gpp. Last night a 191 I think took down the solo shot.

• vet0307

@kmart35 said...

Cash yes. GPPs could be won by taking a game with high rain%

Yea IDK its 60% or above, maybe someone in NY can confirm the down poor?

• MikeSos760

Well goodluck on the early slate today gents. I am only playing a dollar and fully expect to get in the bottom 20%. I can’t feel comfortable with Jake Peavy as my pitcher. I’m just hoping all the games I faded end up getting PPD.

• Fantasytrending

Unless Fanduel changes the scoring, you’ll need over 200 to take down a gpp (give or take on slate size). But it can be done by ANYONE who puts the work in and takes the experts advice. Right now the toughest decison for me is whether to roster any of the Yankee\astro guys…. Lots to like there with low ownership potential

• actingnurse

I’m guessing here that the BAL game gets pushed 2 hours… with MIA/NAT and HOU/NYY starting… Fingers crossed.

• tonytone1908

@JNeal916 said...

No its generally not a good idea. I could see maybe one player against your pitcher but even that could blow up because any production he has, are negative points for your pitcher. So basically any production from the hitter will be negated by the points your pitcher is losing.

What if that player hits a homer against your pitcher and then another against the bullpen? I disagree that it’s a bad idea. I wouldn’t do more than one though and it’s usually a cheap punt so odds are he won’t get a hit against your stud SP but he could beat up on a bad bullpen for a couple AB’s. You may be using a cheap pitcher who is only going to see the minimum 5 innings anyway.

I admit, it’s not ideal but it does work sometimes and of course in short slates you’re almost forced to at times.

• tonytone1908

@Fantasytrending said...

Unless Fanduel changes the scoring, you’ll need over 200 to take down a gpp (give or take on slate size). But it can be done by ANYONE who puts the work in and takes the experts advice. Right now the toughest decison for me is whether to roster any of the Yankee\astro guys…. Lots to like there with low ownership potential

I’m doing one with 4 guys from that game and Peavy as my P. Looks like it should play so hopefully lower ownership. It’s Ricky Bobby day on the early slate with my 1 LU.

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #36

RG Tiered Ranking

Yankees don’t have tarp on field right now and game expected to start at 4:15 per live report on the pregame

• thedkexperience

RE: my 60/60/60 strategy from earlier

I’m sitting at 117 right now with 7 Phils and Reds going. Scores are 30, 12, 15, 3, 0, 9 and 48. Still got Peavy and Zobrist (Cin and Phil didn’t have a 2B). This is how it usually goes if you target the right game.

• choppadown

Lot of rain out there, tough to convince myself to take a chance on it.

• tonytone1908

@yountingly said...

Yankees don’t have tarp on field right now and game expected to start at 4:15 per live report on the pregame

Ugh, just tried to swap out Matt Duffy for A Rod to throw another Yankee in there but too late. Hope that doesn’t come back to haunt me.

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #36

RG Tiered Ranking

@tonytone1908 said...

Ugh, just tried to swap out Matt Duffy for A Rod to throw another Yankee in there but too late. Hope that doesn’t come back to haunt me.

Yeah, made a quick mini yanks stack and tweaked my 1 moonshot entry . I feel an Abomb from Arod. (To quote Sterling)

• fcurev

• Blogger of the Month

@yountingly said...

Yeah, made a quick mini yanks stack and tweaked my 1 moonshot entry . I feel an Abomb from Arod. (To quote Sterling)

please don’t quote him lol..as a yankee lifer having to listen to him for the past 25+ years that he has been on has been excruciating.

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #36

RG Tiered Ranking

@fcurev said...

please don’t quote him lol..as a yankee lifer having to listen to him for the past 25+ years that he has been on has been excruciating.

Guilty pleasure. Gotta love him for who he is even if he is no Scully.

True story. I got to be in the booth for a half inning once through a Ford promotion (dad is a sales manager of a local dealer) and during that half inning , Jose Canseco, when he was a Yankee, proceeds to hit a home run. Sterling practically fell out of his chair. My brother and I were standing in the back of the booth loving it. He actually didn’t speak to us Michael Kay was nice and spoke to us.

• thedkexperience

Speaking of Scully, who are the Dodgers broadcasters now? I had to mute them last night. I’m not sure they actually watch baseball.

• actingnurse

Am i missing something? I didn’t seem to get any points for Abreu’s double?

• Tinderbox2014

reached on an error

• actingnurse

Damn. So nothing? Man..

• rdogg63

Odds of Boston/Cleveland getting their game in? The forecast makes it look like it’s going to rain non-stop.

• kmart35

Pivoted from Roark to Wood.. fear the ol rain delay after 2 innings

• fanturds

Couldn’t pull trigger on Roark.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).