7:05 PM EST : Oakland ( -130 ) at Baltimore ( 120 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:05 PM EST : Washington ( 122 ) at Philadelphia ( -132 ) —- T: 9
    7:10 PM EST : NY Yankees ( 137 ) at Houston ( -148 ) —- T: 7.5
    7:45 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( -121 ) at St. Louis ( 112 ) —- T: 8
    8:15 PM EST : Seattle ( -118 ) at Kansas City ( 109 ) —- T: 9.5
    8:40 PM EST : Atlanta ( 114 ) at Colorado ( -123 ) —- T: 10.5
    9:45 PM EST : San Diego ( 116 ) at SF Giants ( -126 ) —- T: 7
    10:07 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -106 ) at LA Angels ( -102 ) —- T: 8.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Benf15harp

@CatzWorld said...

Careful with oak there is a 50% of a delay or postponement

Thanks cat.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #99

RG Tiered Ranking

@Njsum1 said...

Honestly, that where I’m at. Adam Jones has horrible bvp versus Price, yet he put up a decent game versus him last time. Judge just homered of a guy he was like 0 for 4 against with 2 whiffs. Forgot who it was.

I look at bvp, and use it, yet certainly not exclusively.

I think when looking at BvP you need to have a decent sample (at least 10 ABs) and than you need to apply the theory of sucking relativity.

Is Trout 12 for 32 with 3HRs vs SP that good? Is good overall but since Trout’s sucking factor is zero is just normal going for him, nothing special.

By the same token looking at someone with great BvP vs a gas-can needs to be seen through the lenses of sucking relativity.

The Kendrys Morales vs Andrew Cashner case requires advanced sucking relativity theory analysis… Cashner sucking index is pretty high, but not to the level of 6 for 10 with 3 bombs… so I think there is something there and Kendrys is a good play, but regression is in order.

Maybe I should trademark the MLB sucking relativity theory

• CatzWorld

@stellagirl said...

Nats stacks for the win!

Alright will stack game

• madmanjayWV

@CatzWorld said...

Chris Davis is 0-44 so lets hope he gets a hit let alone worrying about a homerun

Chris Davis is 0 for 23 with 2 RBIs 4 BB and 13Ks — spring training doesn’t count

• Njsum1

@Unico10 said...

I think when looking at BvP you need to have a decent sample (at least 10 ABs) and than you need to apply the theory of sucking relativity.

Is Trout 12 for 32 with 3HRs vs SP that good? Is good overall but since Trout’s sucking factor is zero is just normal going for him, nothing special.

By the same token looking at someone with great BvP vs a gas-can needs to be seen through the lenses of sucking relativity.

The Kendrys Morales vs Andrew Cashner case requires advanced sucking relativity theory analysis… Cashner sucking index is pretty high, but not to the level of 6 for 10 with 3 bombs… so I think there is something there and Kendrys is a good play, but regression is in order.

Maybe I should trademark the MLB sucking relativity theory

Haha…well put..of course ive got some Kendrys.

Hope that game plays.

Non bvp related, I’m looking for Matt Chapman to do well.

• Njsum1

@Benf15harp said...

I’m still liking Howie’s chances at a dinger over Angela Dansbury

LOL

Must be a Stouffer’s guy. 😁

• keephustlincuz

Anyone have an ownership guess on VV? He seems to be landing in my lineups as an sp2.

• mrmogz

Harper or Trout for the final piece one-off?

• Benf15harp

@keephustlincuz said...

Anyone have an ownership guess on VV? He seems to be landing in my lineups as an sp2.

I see him at 4.5% but not sure how accurate that is.

• madmanjayWV

@keephustlincuz said...

I would think pretty minimal? Dude was trash in spring training and is making his first start of the year and had one relief appearance where he pitched one frame.

Will he even get 75 pitches?

• keephustlincuz

@Benf15harp said...

I see him at 4.5% but not sure how accurate that is.

Thanks.

• jtkucheck

I never would have thought my Edwin Encarnacion vs Dan Vogelbach decision would be quite this tough.

• keephustlincuz

@madmanjayWV said...

I would think pretty minimal? Dude was trash in spring training and is making his first start of the year and had one relief appearance where he pitched one frame.

Will he even get 75 pitches?

Maybe lauer is a better choice. On FD VV is only 6800.

Anyone have a better sp2?

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #87

RG Tiered Ranking

I should know better, but I’m considering Estrada.

This Orioles lineup has 80 at-bats versus him. They have hit him 17.5% of those times and struck out 31.3% of the time, which is noteworthy coming from a guy who has a 16.6% strikeout rate. If he can keep his walks under control, there could be some undervalued upside here, as he’s averaging 19.85 DK points in his last eight games against Baltimore. I understand the weather concerns, but I think I’ll have some Marco Estrada exposure in tournaments.

• mrmogz

@jtkucheck said...

I never would have thought my Edwin Encarnacion vs Dan Vogelbach decision would be quite this tough.

I just made the my SEA stack LU again identically with one Edwin and one Vog to be safe.

If doing a lot of stacks that would be an issue though. One of them should have a different position option.

• gaelicgirl

Better to spend up on pitching or bats? I’m lost.

• frugal

May regret it, but just done thinking about it. Totally punting pitching with Homer Baily and fading Vogelbach after he came through for me last night.

• feekdogg

@gaelicgirl said...

Tonight? Bats.

• gaelicgirl

@feekdogg said...

Tonight? Bats.

Thanks!

• keephustlincuz

@Epignosis said...

I understand the weather concerns

I was really liking how cheap the top of the baltimore order was on FD but that weather radar has me off them now. I understand that you will get estrada really low owned and it might be a nice gamble.

• mbunner23

@gaelicgirl said...

Tonight? Pitching

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #99

RG Tiered Ranking

Remember the days when you could allocate 22-25ks for pitching and still make a decent lineup on DK?

Trying to make a Verlander/Bum (19.7k…) lineup and is horrible

• gaelicgirl

@mbunner23 said...

Tonight? Pitching

LOL Thanks!

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #99

RG Tiered Ranking

@Epignosis said...

I should know better, but I’m considering Estrada.

This Orioles lineup has 80 at-bats versus him. They have hit him 17.5% of those times and struck out 31.3% of the time, which is noteworthy coming from a guy who has a 16.6% strikeout rate. If he can keep his walks under control, there could be some undervalued upside here, as he’s averaging 19.85 DK points in his last eight games against Baltimore. I understand the weather concerns, but I think I’ll have some Marco Estrada exposure in tournaments.

For a flyball pitcher the matchup is pretty good… only concerns besides the walks and weather that you already mentioned is the small ballpark

• cjs5555

@SpudCrowley said...

I’m still trying to figure out how his price keeps rising on DK…I guess he is due?

pretty soon DK pricing is gonna have all pitchers priced above $9k with all hitters priced above $4k….just try and put together a lineup with all starters!!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).