7:05 PM EST : Oakland ( -130 ) at Baltimore ( 120 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:05 PM EST : Washington ( 122 ) at Philadelphia ( -132 ) —- T: 9
    7:10 PM EST : NY Yankees ( 137 ) at Houston ( -148 ) —- T: 7.5
    7:45 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( -121 ) at St. Louis ( 112 ) —- T: 8
    8:15 PM EST : Seattle ( -118 ) at Kansas City ( 109 ) —- T: 9.5
    8:40 PM EST : Atlanta ( 114 ) at Colorado ( -123 ) —- T: 10.5
    9:45 PM EST : San Diego ( 116 ) at SF Giants ( -126 ) —- T: 7
    10:07 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -106 ) at LA Angels ( -102 ) —- T: 8.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• hobbes2d

@Epignosis said...

I should know better, but I’m considering Estrada.

This Orioles lineup has 80 at-bats versus him. They have hit him 17.5% of those times and struck out 31.3% of the time, which is noteworthy coming from a guy who has a 16.6% strikeout rate. If he can keep his walks under control, there could be some undervalued upside here, as he’s averaging 19.85 DK points in his last eight games against Baltimore. I understand the weather concerns, but I think I’ll have some Marco Estrada exposure in tournaments.

He’s has plenty of experience pitching there too.

• cjs5555

@CatzWorld said...

Chris Davis is 0-44 to star year historically bad it is literally impossible to keep that up so im all in today

i’d be inclined to agree that he’s due if he seemed to be making any progress, but he’s barely even making contact….5 K’s in his last 9 ABs over past 3 games. Plus he’s 6-36 career vs. Estrada who is better vs. LHBs because he has a good changeup. Davis can absolutely do well tonight, but it’s not a probability that I’m willing to bet on.

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #89

RG Tiered Ranking

@cjs5555 said...

i’d be inclined to agree that he’s due if he seemed to be making any progress, but he’s barely even making contact….5 K’s in his last 9 ABs over past 3 games. Plus he’s 6-36 career vs. Estrada who is better vs. LHBs because he has a good changeup. Davis can absolutely do well tonight, but it’s not a probability that I’m willing to bet on.

I will note that half of those six hits were home runs.

• cjs5555

@CatzWorld said...

Careful with oak there is a 50% of a delay or postponement

from the weather guru K Roth: Some lighter showers in the area currently, along with a few isolated pop-up storms. My feeling is that they will play through the lighter stuff, and may have to delay if one of those storms ends up on the ballpark. Can’t fully rule out a PPD, but I’m really not expecting it. Would say a clean game is the likely outcome, followed by a delay and play, then lower-end chance of a PPD closing it out.

i’d say a delay could even help OAK bats as BAL’s bullpen is awful and already overtaxed

• cjs5555

@madmanjayWV said...

Chris Davis is 0 for 23 with 2 RBIs 4 BB and 13Ks — spring training doesn’t count

the 0-44 goes back to the end of last season. the worst 0-fer stretch in MLB history is 0-46 so Davis can maybe set a record tonight.

• cjs5555

@madmanjayWV said...

I would think pretty minimal? Dude was trash in spring training and is making his first start of the year and had one relief appearance where he pitched one frame.

Will he even get 75 pitches?

kapler quit letting VV face the opposing lineup a 3rd time through last year, so he averages like 4 IP per outing anymore

• CatzWorld

Coors field all the braves

• cjs5555

@Epignosis said...

I should know better, but I’m considering Estrada.

BAL passes the lineup construction test and is starting 6 RHBs vs. Estrada, so that’s a downgrade for him. Now with that said, they’re bad RHBs, so I can see having some Estrada exposure but I think I prefer Lauer, maybe Cahill and Royal Jester Felix at that price point.

• ASitar

Bum/Lauer w Wash stack
    Bum/Tehran w Sea stack

GL tonight

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #89

RG Tiered Ranking

I’m also considering Julio Teheran. That Rockies lineup has two left-handed hitters in it. Two.

• RipCityRings

NBA-only player taking my first shot at MLB today. I don’t watch, follow or comprehend baseball, so my only research is this thread.

Consider my single bullet a litmus test for RG advice. Also, thanks for the help!

• mbunner23

@Epignosis said...

I’m also considering Julio Teheran. That Rockies lineup has two left-handed hitters in it. Two.

That’s who I’m rolling with.

• casper

No one seem’s to be playing any LAD bats today Miko has been trash.The Idea that they are tired i get but the line and total seem very strange.

• ASitar

Eesshhhh, Rendon is 2-13 vs VV and I have him in my 2 LUs. You guys like him?

• cjs5555

@casper said...

No one seem’s to be playing any LAD bats today Miko has been trash.The Idea that they are tired i get but the line and total seem very strange.

LAD is one of my main lineups. Love that upside tonight; Mikolas looks like the league has caught.

• cjs5555

@RipCityRings said...

NBA-only player taking my first shot at MLB today. I don’t watch, follow or comprehend baseball, so my only research is this thread.

Consider my single bullet a litmus test for RG advice. Also, thanks for the help!

good luck….ATL in Coors field should be the chalk. I like LAD and PHI as primary pivots off that.

• casper

@cjs5555 said...

LAD is one of my main lineups. Love that upside tonight; Mikolas looks like the league has caught.

But why is there Projected total so low and why are they slight dogs vrs Miko with Ryu pitching

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #97

RG Tiered Ranking

Luis Urias alert…. you don’t have to play Tommy La Stella

• saintsfannca

why do people like Teheran over Freeland? Isn’t Freeland the better pitcher.

• homers1226

lol what the heck do i not know about this guy

GARRETT HAMPSON

• BigRay

@saintsfannca said...

Teheran has PvB against the Rockies

• Njsum1

@saintsfannca said...

They’re both dart throws. They’re pitchers in Coors. Either could do well or get knocked out of the game in the 3rd innings. Seems that way with most pitchers tonight.

• cjs5555

@saintsfannca said...

yes, but it’s the matchup….ATL has hitters that match up well vs. Freeland, Blackmon is the only quality LHB in the COL lineup and Teheran’s weakness is LHBs.

• RipCityRings

@cjs5555 said...

good luck….ATL in Coors field should be the chalk. I like LAD and PHI as primary pivots off that.

Yeah I’m actually rolling out Freeland, Bellinger and Muncy so my lineup might just be unwittingly contrarian, unless anyone wants to talk me off of that in the next 5 minutes…

• jtkucheck

@Unico10 said...

Luis Urias alert…. you don’t have to play Tommy La Stella

Pretty excited about that… opens things up a bit.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).