7:10 PM EST : Minnesota ( 181 ) at NY Mets ( -197 ) —- T: 6.5
    7:45 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( -131 ) at St. Louis ( 121 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:10 PM EST : NY Yankees ( 159 ) at Houston ( -173 ) —- T: 8
    8:15 PM EST : Seattle ( -105 ) at Kansas City ( -103 ) —- T: 9
    8:40 PM EST : Atlanta ( 112 ) at Colorado ( -122 ) —- T: 11
    9:40 PM EST : Texas ( 122 ) at Arizona ( -132 ) —- T: 8.5
    9:45 PM EST : San Diego ( -116 ) at SF Giants ( 107 ) —- T: 7.5
    10:07 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -126 ) at LA Angels ( 116 ) —- T: 8.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• bucherpsu08

Fried 30% CB rate. Rockies stack engaged.

• clrockny24

what is cb rate?

• bucherpsu08

Curveball. They don’t work at Coors.

• Eyeseethruyou

Chris Davis is $500 on FD.

🤡

• bucherpsu08

@Eyeseethruyou said...

Chris Davis is $500 on FD.

🤡

Lol! $500 too much. He won’t be in the lineup though.

• keephustlincuz

@bucherpsu08 said...

Lol! $500 too much. He won’t be in the lineup though.

Calling it now. Garbage time pinch hit home run.

• txdave41

New strategy. Ignore all experts and just stack Mariners every night.

• Timboslice528

Even though he’s facing a lefty, he might still play. He actually hit the ball hard his first 3 at bats and struck out his last two. Could have easily had 2-3 hits. Was the best I’ve seen him hit a ball all season which isn’t saying much.

• bigdaddies

Chris Davis, the singer? LOL

• NarrowJ

Sale is either purposely taking it easy or the shoulder is still hurting. His velo is down from 96-97 to 89-91 and has now thrown more than 50 four-seam fastballs without a single swing and miss (per brooksbaseball.net). Toronto sucks though. Not sure what to do with him on this early slate, really.

• Tcbaseballfan

Going Zimmerman early slate until sale can show me otherwise…

• celtics69

Any Orioles fans. Will Johns Means go 5 inn tonight or is he an opener?

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@celtics69 said...

Any Orioles fans. Will Johns Means go 5 inn tonight or is he an opener?

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bs-sp-orioles-john-means-oakland-as-20190407-story.html

Left-hander John Means will start Tuesday against the Oakland Athletics, Hyde said before Sunday’s 15-3 loss in the series finale against the New York Yankees. It will be Means’ first major-league start after four relief appearances, though 114 of his 119 career minor-league appearance were starts. Hyde said there would be no innings restriction on Means, who has thrown 3 1/3 innings in two of his four outings for the Orioles.

“I’m gonna let Johnny pitch,” Hyde said. “I’ll be smart about it, but I’m looking forward to watch him start and taking it as far as he can go. Obviously, he’s been outstanding. Can pitch a variety of roles for you, so we’re gonna give him a start on Tuesday and see how it goes.”

• celtics69

Thanks Panda.

• Njsum1

@Pandamonious said...

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bs-sp-orioles-john-means-oakland-as-20190407-story.html

Left-hander John Means will start Tuesday against the Oakland Athletics, Hyde said before Sunday’s 15-3 loss in the series finale against the New York Yankees. It will be Means’ first major-league start after four relief appearances, though 114 of his 119 career minor-league appearance were starts. Hyde said there would be no innings restriction on Means, who has thrown 3 1/3 innings in two of his four outings for the Orioles.

“I’m gonna let Johnny pitch,” Hyde said. “I’ll be smart about it, but I’m looking forward to watch him start and taking it as far as he can go. Obviously, he’s been outstanding. Can pitch a variety of roles for you, so we’re gonna give him a start on Tuesday and see how it goes.”

Obviously looking to play him as much as I’m looking to stack against him. The price is just soooo good, yet the spot is not.

• Timboslice528

O’s fan here. Means has looked great early on. He has a changeup which he probably uses as much as his fastball. I feel it’s only a matter of time though before the league figures him out but he befuddled the Yankees each time he faced them. Considering Oakland is facing him for the first time, I’d say he has an advantage. Think he threw around 70 pitches his first outing when he faced the Yanks and that was out of the bullpen. I’d say he can go 90 pitches tonight. Oakland seems to be scuffling a bit right now so he might be a good look on DK tonight. Fanduel, not so much with DeGrom on the hill.

• TheDataDetective

• Blogger of the Month

@txdave41 said...

New strategy. Ignore all experts and just stack Mariners every night.

(cough cough) Some of us were pushing a Seattle stack last night… 😁

https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/mlb-data-detective-best-player-values-apr-8-2998390

I unfortunately recommended Oakland as well

• yisman

Mike Clevinger out 2 months

and one more time, FD GPPs named for Game of Thrones characters, I guess to celebrate the new season.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

Am I still half asleep or am I seeing right that a 5 man Boston stack is basically not allowed on DK?

You MUST play Santana to play a 5 redsox stack…. that is so lame it takes all the fun out of building lineups
    I guess one can use a reliever…. ffs

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

Thinking of taking a flier on Santana vs TAM, FD 5 max. Any indication or thoughts on whether he’d be allowed 5+ innings if pitching well??

• thebaynetrain

Sale should be popular in the early slate, right? Im going toronto stacks just to be different, not feeling great about it lol.

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

@Unico10 said...

Am I still half asleep or am I seeing right that a 5 man Boston stack is basically not allowed on DK?

You MUST play Santana to play a 5 redsox stack…. that is so lame it takes all the fun out of building lineups
    I guess one can use a reliever…. ffs

You could consider a relief pitcher.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

@Epignosis said...

You could consider a relief pitcher.

I mean… it’s either play Santana or use a relief pitcher or don’t play a RedSox stack

• NarrowJ

@thebaynetrain said...

Sale should be popular in the early slate, right? Im going toronto stacks just to be different, not feeling great about it lol.

A few guys with decent history against him, and he is not in good form at all right now (has lost several mph velo on his fastball and is not missing bats so far this year).

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).