4:10 PM EST : Washington ( 249 ) at LA Dodgers ( -280 ) —- T: 8.5
    4:35 PM EST : Colorado ( 146 ) at SF Giants ( -159 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:07 PM EST : LA Angels ( -111 ) at Toronto ( 102 ) — T: 11
    7:10 PM EST : Detroit ( 164 ) at Cleveland ( -179 ) —- T: 9
    7:20 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 116 ) at Atlanta ( -125 ) —- T: 8
    8:05 PM EST : San Diego ( -188 ) at Texas ( 171 ) —- T: 9
    8:10 PM EST : Oakland ( 151 ) at Houston ( -164 ) —- T: 8.5
    9:40 PM EST : Cincinnati ( -135 ) at Arizona ( 124 ) —- T: 9

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• biga0787

Missing laa vs tor

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

Added it up top. Sorry for the miss and delay. Missed getting it up last night and been running around all day. Sometimes when they don’t have odds out for a game yet they get missed as the set up on the header is pulled from the betting lines.

• biga0787

Thanks panda! Who are you heavy on tonight?

• ifthethunder

@Pandamonious said...

Added it up top. Sorry for the miss and delay. Missed getting it up last night and been running around all day. Sometimes when they don’t have odds out for a game yet they get missed as the set up on the header is pulled from the betting lines.

So much DFS going on, it’s hard to keep up. And if you’re committed to so many different DK Ironman achievements (as I am), you end up half-azzing a bunch of it. Not gonna lie, I won’t miss the end of regular season NBA.
    ~

• Pandamonious

Well, just kind of looked through everything and the slate seems pretty straight forward and it’s hard to get away from the chalk.

DET/CLE – Cleveland hasn’t been able to score much this year, but everything suggests Teheran was way more lucky then good in his 1st start against this same team. The Indians ability to throw 7+ LHB’s at him should work well for them and poorly for Teheran. Detroit’s pen isn’t very good either. I don’t know how chalky Cleveland will be. The match up is prime, but there’s others too and stacking Indians isn’t as sexy as some other teams.

Plesac is kind of expensive for this slate. It’s not like the Tigers have been lying down, and Plesac doesn’t have a lot of K upside. I don’t hate the idea of some cheap Tigers. More to get to other stuff than a full stack, especially the lefties. 2K for Mazara on DK and 2.3K on FD? Grossman for 2.6K or 2.7K? That’s just kind of ridiculous. Ramos on DK as a punt at catcher too. He’s been hitting well

LAA/TOR – Love the Angels here. Especially the meat of the order looks strong. The whole Ohtani, Trout, Rendon, Walsh, Upton group matches well with Zeuch, and Toronto’s bullpen seems about league average.

I think I like Heaney here a bit more than Jays bats. This is situation where I’ll probably have some of each. Really, with Heaney it’s just the K upside. The young Jays are loaded with power, but they K a ton too. Of course they’re dangerous and one of the better O’s in baseball, and Heaney can get rocked.

PHI/ATL – Might just leave this whole thing alone. This game just happened and Wheeler was electric and Atlanta couldn’t hit anything and Morton was strong against Philly. I’ll probably have some Wheeler, but not a lot, as I like some cheaper options, and you can’t really write off Braves bats against anyone, but they are struggling so far overall. I much prefer Phillies bats here, as Morton has seemed to be on the verge of falling off a cliff for a couple years now. Ultimately I feel like I could X out this whole game and not sweat it though.

SDP/TEX – I’m on the Musgrove juice. Texas offense has maybe been a bit better than expected, but still extremely beatable. Upside is huge here. Even if Musgrove disappoints, Padres pen is strong, so I’ll be avoiding Texas bats.

I don’t know how good or bad Arihara will be. I know his K’s were average in Japan, and he couldn’t K any Royals in his debut. Texas bullpen has been terrible. Padres bats have disappointed overall so far, but they’re better than the results have been.

OAK/HOU – Both these pitchers are strong. I think OAK is my no one will stack them sneaky stack. Anyone who has played MLB DFS for a while knows, McCullers can be dominant, but he can also go entirely off the rails and walk everyone and get blown up. Behind McCullers is a pretty meh bullpen. Oakland has been a huge disappointment, but their talent level is better then the results have been. Something will break eventually.

Manaea is solid, but it’s a tough match up. I’ll have SOME Houston bats, but not many. (Oaklands bullpen wasn’t supposed to be good, and the results thus far have been bad), so if they can get to Manaea, the floodgates could open.

CIN/ARZ – Reds have been ON FIRE. Widener is not as good as his first start. I will ride this Reds train, hopefully to the bank.

I don’t love Mahle here, but pitching is rough overall, and I have more confidence in him than most.

• RWilder

I’m with Panda on the Reds. Widener is a flyball pitcher who is pitching to the best HR hitting team in the bigs. Mahle is sneaky good and Arizona has no Marte and bullpen is depleted. I fully expect at least 5 to 6 runs from the Reds and a win, even if the Arizona scrapes across a few runs, the Reds should prevail. I got in on it when it opened at -135, it’s up to -145 now, so saved ten cents juice.

I also love the Yankees. Rays are depleted, bats are cold and even though Yankees don’t hit LP that well, Hill is 41 and doesn’t pitch over 88 mph. They should get to him often and early. Kluber should be able hold the Rays to a couple runs. Looks like a 6-3 ball game to me.

• wmudude24

I like Kluber tonight to rebound from a meh first start in a plus ballpark against an offense that hasn’t exactly lit it up so far. He’ll be chalk on a 3 game slate of course but I’ll probably be 100%

• Njsum1

@Pandamonious said...

I don’t love Mahle here, but pitching is rough overall, and I have more confidence in him than most

Gonna win the 4k tonight in the $1 150 max, with but a single entry.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

@Pandamonious said...

CIN/ARZ – Reds have been ON FIRE. Widener is not as good as his first start. I will ride this Reds train, hopefully to the bank.

I want to go heavy there…. only thing that holds me back is that the Reds played only in the Great American Smallpark so far…. however, if the roof is open, AZ ballpark isn’t a bad one to target

I have been stung by my Padres bats so far and a bit hesitant to go heavy, but just along the same reasoning for the Reds… Padres played all their games at Petco and will get an upgrade going to TEX

Love the Angels bats as well and I want to love the Indians but Julio often has this way of looking horrible and somehow limit the damage… can see a lot of BBs, SFs and such happening

• yisman

Urshela COVID, got scratched

Yankees forced to make changes, so DJ to third and Wade to second

they each make errors in the 2nd resulting in TB scoring

• Pandamonious

@Unico10 said...

I want to go heavy there…. only thing that holds me back is that the Reds played only in the Great American Smallpark so far…. however, if the roof is open, AZ ballpark isn’t a bad one to target

I have been stung by my Padres bats so far and a bit hesitant to go heavy, but just along the same reasoning for the Reds… Padres played all their games at Petco and will get an upgrade going to TEX

Love the Angels bats as well and I want to love the Indians but Julio often has this way of looking horrible and somehow limit the damage… can see a lot of BBs, SFs and such happening

Good point about the Cincy ball park.

Yeah, that’s the thing with Julio. He’ll pick his spots and walk a lefty and definitely has a way of limiting the damage. The thing is, he can’t walk them all, and Cleveland will have a bunch (looks like 6). Walks can also drive up the pitch count, which gets him out and to the Tigers pen too.

• Pandamonious

Anyone know what the hold up with Toronto is?

• am03wins

@Pandamonious said...

Anyone know what the hold up with Toronto is?

COVID related: https://twitter.com/GregorChisholm/status/1380640702980370433?s=20

• Pandamonious

@am03wins said...

COVID related: https://twitter.com/GregorChisholm/status/1380640702980370433?s=20

Thanks, that was I worried about, but at least it doesn’t look like a several teammates thing. Line up is out now too.

• qatman

Lovely, Teheran scratched after lock. This year has really sucked.

• BobbyTheBrain

Why was he scratched wtf

• axman15

Off to a great start with that Reyes home run. Been a tough start to the year, hopefully tonight things start to turn around.

• qatman

@BobbyTheBrain said...

Why was he scratched wtf

Ennui.

• biga0787

I’m regretting this blue jays stack about now….

• jayzee666

I have turned another bad pitcher into a Cy Young candidate yet again!!!!!

I apologize to the friends and families of the Blue Jay players.

I also shut down the Dodgers this afternoon so I am in peak form early.

• biga0787

Now if the other half of this game stack could go off that would be cool

• biga0787

Franmils 2 home run game, for the next week he can go back to being the trash can he is..

• biga0787

Blue jays aren’t as good as they are supposed to be. They may have a few good games in them, but so do the orioles….

• Stangs13

Could be in for a good sweat tonight. Have 88.4 with Manea Musgrove and a 5 man reds stack moustakas, suarez, votto, india, barnhart

• biga0787

^^ good luck!! Hope you take something down

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).