1:05pm NY Mets at Washington(-119) —- T:6.0
    1:08pm Minnesota at Detroit(-155) —- T:8.5
    2:10pm Chi White Sox at Kansas City(-126) —- T:8.5
    2:10pm Cleveland(-111) at Houston —- T:8.5
    3:35pm Texas at Oakland(-140) —- T:7.5

6:40pm San Francisco at San Diego(-124) —- T:7.0
    7:05pm Toronto at NY Yankees(-127) —- T:8.0
    7:05pm Boston(-140) at Philadelphia —- T:8.0

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• crazypaul

Looks like a lot of rain in the early games today.

• Wrightime

Yea that looked like case last night also , but all the games got in .. Det/min looks like the worst right now

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #30

RG Tiered Ranking

@Wrightime said...

Yea that looked like case last night also , but all the games got in .. Det/min looks like the worst right now

I think Reds/pirates looks worst but I will probably avoid both and pivot if Tigers sound optimistic. I like some runs to be scored there.

• bucherpsu08

Gotta throw Graveman in at least one lineup. He’s too cheap not to take a chance.

• jimmyquinella

• Blogger of the Month

Sunny in KC..should not be an issue.

Scattered at gametime, but short burst and small.

I may just head to the ballpark myself….

• tommykarate

@crazypaul said...

Looks like a lot of rain in the early games today.

what do you guys do for cash games at least? (can be strategic to get low owned guys in GPP)

cincy and det seem to have a definite chance for rain – do you just draw a line through these players?

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #30

RG Tiered Ranking

@tommykarate said...

what do you guys do for cash games at least? (can be strategic to get low owned guys in GPP)

cincy and det seem to have a definite chance for rain – do you just draw a line through these players?

It’s the first game so we should have a good idea. You shouldn’t risk your starter in a game that could be delayed by rain. If the game should get in and maybe just delayed, you can use position players and sometimes beneficial if starter comes out. On get away days, though, I would think they are more likely to cancel than wait it out. That said, I am avoiding the cincy game.

• eperson911

@Wrightime said...

Argh, until I looked at that forecast I so wanted to use Greene.

• bedwards

First week of baseball dfs for me has been a blast. I have another newbie question – is leaving 1200 in salary on the table a bad idea in cash games? Is there an acceptable range or should match ups and projections be the most important factor?

• z4willy

@yountingly said...

I think Reds/pirates looks worst but I will probably avoid both and pivot if Tigers sound optimistic. I like some runs to be scored there.

Reds might be able to get 5 in here in Cincinnati. Rain isn’t supposed to hit here til around 2pm, but still risky.

• unholyshorty

Cincinnati looks fine for the game and don’t the tigers play indoors

• kbarnhill7523

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• x2

2017 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

https://www.fanduel.com/contest/11667669/scoring/lineup/160808950,160493372/

Is this normal?

I had 4 guys combine for like .75 points and I almost won the whole tournament…

This is not like NBA at all.

• Wrightime

@unholyshorty said...

Cincy is fine ? Looks like alot of rain out there .. Am i missing something

• Wrightime

@Wrightime said...

Cincy is fine ? Looks like alot of rain out there .. Am i missing something

Tigers do not play indoors

• HungryHungryHip

@kbarnhill7523 said...

https://www.fanduel.com/contest/11667669/scoring/lineup/160808950,160493372/

Is this normal?

I had 4 guys combine for like .75 points and I almost won the whole tournament…

This is not like NBA at all.

If you have a guy 3.5 % owned and hits 3 HRs AND your pitcher gets you 20 pts that’s pretty much going to guarantee that you cash. But yes, MLB is quite different to NBA. There are going to be days where you have Trout, Miggy or Abreu in can’t miss matchups, etc go 0-4 and some backup no hit SS is going to win someone a tourny going 3-3 with 3 bloop RBI singles.

• bucherpsu08

Picking on Martinez looks like a good idea. That A’s lineup may not be out before lock though.

• squidkill

Tigers play indoors??

• billydaKidd7

How do we kno if there is rainout going hard on early games

• unholyshorty

If you look at weather it looks like it’s gonna start raining at like 3/4

• z4willy

@unholyshorty said...

I live near downtown and it’s in the high 60’s already today, but very overcast. Storms rolling in early afternoon. I like a lot of people in that game and the Tigers game, but it’s risky.

• z4willy

@squidkill said...

Tigers play indoors??

Tigers definitely do not play indoors. The Lions do.

• Joe1Coal

@squidkill said...

Tigers play indoors??

Who the hell said the Tigers play indoors? What is this, the Lions?

• Joe1Coal

@z4willy said...

Tigers definitely do not play indoors. The Lions do.

jinx.

• z4willy

@jimmyquinella said...

Sunny in KC..should not be an issue.

Scattered at gametime, but short burst and small.

I may just head to the ballpark myself….

20 mph winds in KC blowing out though? Might have to lock and load Abreu. Danks has done surprisingly well against KC in his career, especially last season. KC rolls out a lot of lefties.

• Joe1Coal

I like Alcides and Cain.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).