7:10 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( 121 ) at Miami ( -131 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:10 PM EST : Cleveland ( -135 ) at Detroit ( 125 ) —- T: 9
    7:35 PM EST : NY Mets ( 108 ) at Atlanta ( -117 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:05 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 151 ) at Chi Cubs ( -164 ) —- T: —
    8:10 PM EST : Texas ( 184 ) at Houston ( -201 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:15 PM EST : Chi Sox ( 147 ) at Kansas City ( -160 ) —- T: 8
    8:15 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 140 ) at St. Louis ( -152 ) —- T: 8.5
    10:10 PM EST : SF Giants ( 220 ) at LA Dodgers ( -241 ) —- T: 6

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Whacko

@Whereschris said...

Hello! My name is Christian and I’m just your average server at a restaurant, who happens to love sports! What else do I love? FANTASY SPORTS! That being said, I don’t have the time to research like the pros do, but I get in as much as I can. I don’t have a big bankroll nor am I a real big winner in tournaments, but I love playing the game and getting better at it. So I plan to make a post almost everyday for May, and maybe every month after that! So let’s begin with my favorite picks for todays Main Slate!

*I play primarily on FanDuel, so I’ll use them as a reference.

PITHCER

- Clayton Kershaw ($12,600) – Casual fans only care about seeing home runs but real fans of the sport understand that pitching is such a skill, and every pitch thrown induces excitement! Kershaw is the best pitcher in baseball, as I’m sure we all know. He’s expensive but basically has a floor of 30fpts. A glance in his game log and you’ll see a 24pt game but that was at Coors Field, so we can look past that… Although even at Coors he had 6Ks. The guy is a pitching gem and SHOULD be a staple in cash games.

- Luis Severino ($8,500) – This guy is pretty good. Good enough that I may just use him in my cash games today because of his great K upside. He threw 11Ks in 7IP against the Rays on April 13. He faces Toronto today at home. If you’ve watched any baseball this season then you know how awful the Blue Jays have been. They seem to be waking up a little but not enough to scare me off. I’m thinking a 40fpt game is in store for Severino today.

CATCHER

- Sal Perez ($3,000) – Sal Perez has gotten over 20fpts his last 2 games and gets a matchup with less than great pitcher Dylan Covey.

FIRST BASE

- Freddie Freeman ($4,600) – Freeman has been on a heater for about a week. He’s at home and I’m thinking at least one more homer today.

SECOND BASE

- Whit Merrifield ($2,500) – Merrifield is a nice, cheap option vs bad pitcher Dylan Covey. He’s good salary relief if going up to Kershaw.

THIRD BASE

- Manny Machado ($3,300) – Manny is still underpriced. Porcello isn’t the ideal match up but got hit up for 8 runs from the Rays a couple weeks ago.

SHORTSTOP

- Didi Gregorius ($3,100) – Didi has played 3 games since returning from the DL. Each of those 3 games have gone over 10fpts.

OUTFIELD

- Nick Markakis ($3,400) – ATL looks like a strong option in general today. Markakis has the platoon advantage and currently holds a .310 batting average.

- Jay Bruce – On the other side of ATL, we have the Mets. Bruce has some nice power behind his stick and can get a couple hits today, maybe even a home run as well.

I know some of these plays are obvious but I’m primarily a cash player right now, trying to build my bankroll so I can play more GPPs! Sorry for the short write up, actually getting ready for work now! Good luck to all tonight, now go make some money!

and in summary….

I’m fading everyone on that wall of text….

• murphstahoe

@elementasrat said...

As a Yankees fan, I think I’m fading Severino just because of regression. I don’t want to be on the wrong side of it lol. He has to blow up at some point right?

I’m not thiking Toronto is the team to do it

• murphstahoe

Gonna fade Kershaw and chase big stacks for now, wheeling 3 lineups with Cole/Vargas/Severino.

But there is a lot to like about Pittsburgh and may end up stacking them and having to slide in Kershaw in one spot

• DefinitelyMiami

@firepimp said...

K.Powers should be low owned and has that fuck you attitude to get things done. He also hates Mondays.

• DontTrustTheProcess

@murphstahoe said...

Gonna fade Kershaw and chase big stacks for now, wheeling 3 lineups with Cole/Vargas/Severino.

But there is a lot to like about Pittsburgh and may end up stacking them and having to slide in Kershaw in one spot

I do’nt like to roster any Pirates. Simply because they are not home run hitters. It seems that to win a GPP, all your players need to hit a home run. Not everyone but 60-70% of your lineup has to hit a dinger. Pirates just don’t hit homeruns. As for Kershaw. I’m fading too. There’s other pitchers on the board that can easily put up some same numbers as Kershaw at a lesser price.

• Whacko

Whit Merrifield is having a day off…so there goes salary relief….

• DontTrustTheProcess

Anyone like stacking Houston tonight?

• Ibleedblue1

@DontTrustTheProcess said...

The LU builder sure does

• BigPod

Me. Have four in my lineup

• murphstahoe

Anyone not like it?

• rogersark

Check Cashner’s number on Fangraphs.

• firepimp

@Whereschris said...

Hello! My name is Christian and I’m just your average server at a restaurant, who happens to love sports! What else do I love? FANTASY SPORTS! That being said, I don’t have the time to research like the pros do, but I get in as much as I can. I don’t have a big bankroll nor am I a real big winner in tournaments, but I love playing the game and getting better at it. So I plan to make a post almost everyday for May, and maybe every month after that! So let’s begin with my favorite picks for todays Main Slate!

*I play primarily on FanDuel, so I’ll use them as a reference.

PITHCER

- Clayton Kershaw ($12,600) – Casual fans only care about seeing home runs but real fans of the sport understand that pitching is such a skill, and every pitch thrown induces excitement! Kershaw is the best pitcher in baseball, as I’m sure we all know. He’s expensive but basically has a floor of 30fpts. A glance in his game log and you’ll see a 24pt game but that was at Coors Field, so we can look past that… Although even at Coors he had 6Ks. The guy is a pitching gem and SHOULD be a staple in cash games.

- Luis Severino ($8,500) – This guy is pretty good. Good enough that I may just use him in my cash games today because of his great K upside. He threw 11Ks in 7IP against the Rays on April 13. He faces Toronto today at home. If you’ve watched any baseball this season then you know how awful the Blue Jays have been. They seem to be waking up a little but not enough to scare me off. I’m thinking a 40fpt game is in store for Severino today.

CATCHER

- Sal Perez ($3,000) – Sal Perez has gotten over 20fpts his last 2 games and gets a matchup with less than great pitcher Dylan Covey.

FIRST BASE

- Freddie Freeman ($4,600) – Freeman has been on a heater for about a week. He’s at home and I’m thinking at least one more homer today.

SECOND BASE

- Whit Merrifield ($2,500) – Merrifield is a nice, cheap option vs bad pitcher Dylan Covey. He’s good salary relief if going up to Kershaw.

THIRD BASE

- Manny Machado ($3,300) – Manny is still underpriced. Porcello isn’t the ideal match up but got hit up for 8 runs from the Rays a couple weeks ago.

SHORTSTOP

- Didi Gregorius ($3,100) – Didi has played 3 games since returning from the DL. Each of those 3 games have gone over 10fpts.

OUTFIELD

- Nick Markakis ($3,400) – ATL looks like a strong option in general today. Markakis has the platoon advantage and currently holds a .310 batting average.

- Jay Bruce – On the other side of ATL, we have the Mets. Bruce has some nice power behind his stick and can get a couple hits today, maybe even a home run as well.

I know some of these plays are obvious but I’m primarily a cash player right now, trying to build my bankroll so I can play more GPPs! Sorry for the short write up, actually getting ready for work now! Good luck to all tonight, now go make some money!

Good job on copy and pasting from 3 separate blogs around the web lol. Guessing you’re looking into starting your own blog. Stay out of here with this crap or contribute something genuine like the rest of us try and do. Fucking garbage mate.

• rrucinsk

is today the day to fade kershaw in cash?

• KindGuy

@firepimp said...

Good job on copy and pasting from 3 separate blogs around the web lol. Guessing you’re looking into starting your own blog. Stay out of here with this crap or contribute something genuine like the rest of us try and do. Fucking garbage mate.

Where is this copied from?

• DefinitelyMiami

@elementasrat said...

Where is this copied from?

yeah. If nothing else he compiled some food for thought.

• Whacko

Having a mental block…

If the wind is blowing out Left for a Left handed batter that should be good right?

• NYGfan1983

Feeling S.Perez and L.Cain and Moose.

like the Cubs

and Yankees to stay hot.

Teheran / Severino / Ordorizzi / McCullers

• JDMcNugent

Anyone rolling with Amir Garrett tonight? I’m tempted to give him a shot on DK at $5500 against the Pirates.

Am I crazy?

• KindGuy

@Whacko said...

Having a mental block…

If the wind is blowing out Left for a Left handed batter that should be good right?

I feel like that’d be bad unless it’s a oppo field hitter like Mauer. If a lefty hits it deep to right and the wind blows it towards center, it just makes it an easier out.

• tristanwolf

tough to tell night. going with the kershaw severino chalk. throwing in one or two more p’s. liking white sox stack. should be a fun one g luck all.

• KindGuy

@JDMcNugent said...

Anyone rolling with Amir Garrett tonight? I’m tempted to give him a shot on DK at $5500 against the Pirates.

Am I crazy?

I could see him getting like 5-7ks but also giving up 3-4 bombs.

• KindGuy

@tristanwolf said...

tough to tell night. going with the kershaw severino chalk. throwing in one or two more p’s. liking white sox stack. should be a fun one g luck all.

you’re leaving us already?

• NYGfan1983

@JDMcNugent said...

Am I crazy?

1 LU

• tristanwolf

@elementasrat said...

you’re leaving us already?

lol i usually say that like 5 min before lock but gotta go to the grocery and then start work on tonight’s pasta dinner. no tinkering. prob better that way. g luck element. (i’ll prob be back crying by 6:30)

• Njsum1

I was about to go all in on Severino before I saw the jays lineup and the hitters ump. The hitters aren’t great but they’re lefties and the career bvp isn’t great versus this lineup. I’m still going to use him on either 1 or 2 of my 3 DK lineups for the upside, yet all of a sudden I don’t feel as good about it.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).