4:10 PM EST : Houston ( -119 ) at Tampa Bay ( -101 ) —- T: 8
    6:05 PM EST : NY Mets ( 108 ) at Philadelphia ( -117 ) —- T: 8
    6:35 PM EST : St. Louis ( -135 ) at Pittsburgh ( 125 ) —- T: 7.5
    7:05 PM EST : Boston ( -182 ) at Texas ( 166 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:10 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( -124 ) at Milwaukee ( 115 ) —- T: 7.5
    8:10 PM EST : Colorado ( 168 ) at Arizona ( -184 ) —- T: 8
    8:40 PM EST : SF Giants ( 154 ) at San Diego ( -168 ) —- T: 7.5
    9:10 PM EST : LA Angels ( -137 ) at Seattle ( 126 ) —- T: 8.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• dbrown0147

Guys,

Premium subscriber here – last year, things really started clicking for me in MLB. Took down a couple of single entries and was feeling pretty confident. This year has been a little slower for me but things have been turning in the right direction as of late.

I feel like Cheese and JVZ articles are great and I use them daily as a dummy check.

My question is – has there ever been any post-mortem on RG ownership percentages? It seems like they vary wildly, and I think I’m putting too much stock into them. For example, I’ve come off optimal plays due to fear of ownership when they come in much lower than expected.

• ifthethunder

@dbrown0147 said...

For example, I’ve come off optimal plays due to fear of ownership when they come in much lower than expected.

I watched the video (forget whose) where one of the Grinders explained why ownership manages so much to him. “When I win, I win all the money.”

To me this is much more for people who are doing MME. When you win, you need to win BIG to make up for the min cash or losing days with all that daily $$$ put on the line.

I am not one of them, so I just shoot for the highest DK scores I think I can get without worrying about who is chalk or not.
    ~

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #94

RG Tiered Ranking

Not confident in much of anything in this early slate… not sure if its the coffee not kicking in or the slate itself… thinking I like Reds, Yankees, Twins, Nats. but pitching? Hard to stick to my recent format with the characters pitching today… Taillon, Corbin, Lynn?

Lynn, Taillon it is…. with most stacks need Maldonado in the lineup as he is free

• ecallarman

I can tell you this about the early slate, it’s a tough slate for me and I am not trusting any pitchers. Matter of fact I am not going with any conventional picks. Just selected the poorest hitting teams and let that select my pitchers.

As far as hitting, I am staying away from the Yankees and going west.

• jayzee666

Stacking MIN and betting KC to win outright.
    Worked out for me last night as I stacked OAK and bet Balt.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #94

RG Tiered Ranking

That Cubs lineup is weak and makes swapping Taillon to Castillo very tempting

• ecallarman

Yep, I am rolling with Castillo.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #94

RG Tiered Ranking

@ecallarman said...

Yep, I am rolling with Castillo.

I stuck with Taillon…. have a hard time taking pitchers in CIN, PHI, COL and now also “TOR, FL”

• ecallarman

I waffled back and forth but figured Tallions ownership would be higher, and I felt he had less upside. That’s why I stuck with Castillo.

• ifthethunder

Had no idea what to do in early slate either. For DK classic, my pitching is Duffy – Lynn in one lineup, Luzardo – McKenzie the other. Just a hedge but maybe I’ll get lucky with some hitters.
    ~

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #94

RG Tiered Ranking

Perez and Gomes both gone deep…. I am loaded with Maldonado to fit Lynn… gonna be hard

• Supersharpie

Thoughts on going Gomber/Gallo vs Newsome/Acuna on FD?

Going the “cheap pitcher and expensive bats” route today.

• Southie777

Okay, so I’m a little buzzed and getting ready for the Derby, but if you’re playing FD, how do you not go Canning? I feel like I’m taking crazy pills! What is with that price? And I’m a Sox fan and huge believer in E-Rod!

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #82

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

Don’t know.

I’m stacking Mariners.

Canning isn’t that good. Mariners seem to blowing up chalk pitchers on the regular.

• Southie777

@Pandamonious said...

Don’t know.

I’m stacking Mariners.

Canning isn’t that good. Mariners seem to blowing up chalk pitchers on the regular.

I hear ya. Definitely throwing a few Mariners stacks out there, too, but $6K is too cheap!

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #82

RG Tiered Ranking

Nah, it is. He’s not THAT bad and Mariners aren’t THAT good. I faded him though. Probably going to regret it.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #94

RG Tiered Ranking

My main early slate lineup was doing so well…. but Moreland, Moose and Suarez have been worthless

• jayzee666

Stacking LAA with Canning and betting SEA to win outright.
    2 out of last 2 Using my DFS powers for good!

• biga0787

I take may and he ends up frickin hurt. Mlb can suck it. This season isn’t for ne

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #94

RG Tiered Ranking

Humbling start to the slate…. glad I played only 6 and stayed away from high $ contests…

May injured
    Got tired of getting 0 from Renfroe and hits a bomb

May Inj now? Unreal. So tilting.

• biga0787

I have the Pache grand slam with may. Awesome…

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #82

RG Tiered Ranking

I did everything wrong.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #94

RG Tiered Ranking

@Pandamonious said...

I did everything wrong.

Have another little sweat
    Need Ohtani or Ahmed or Fletcher

Too bad about the injury to May

Watch with me *** https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/107405295

Watch with me *** https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/107405296

Bleh…. Nunez GS makes 1st place almost impossible

BTW
    Last night I play anything of significance in NBA. Total circus 🤡
    Will play a single bullet for achievements and that’s it

• SkateFiend

May ruined my Angels and Rockies stacks.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).